[Armor Request to Devs] A Heavy Set with A Non-Booby Torso and Visored Helmet.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tiz.3204" said:

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

The request isn't specifically against showing skin etc, it's about getting realistic looking armors (both genders, really), for those that enjoy that kind of aesthetic. Just like you might enjoy a variety of other styles, so does others enjoy this style. I'd love to have some realistic plate armor in the game, I really struggle to find ones I like myself.

I always find it silly when people want realistic armors in a fantasy setting, because I think magic is an explanation for why any armor, clothing or outfit provides adequate protection. I at least pick what stats I want first, and then choose what skin I want.

When it comes to high heels, I can honestly say in real life I know a hand full of women who can move quite effectively in them. I have a co-worker I saw dash four blocks in a heavy down-pour, while wearing four-inch high stelletoes and not miss a step.

As for form fitting, I am a full-figured woman. If I were picking armor I would want something that gave all parts of me full support, without mashing me down or letting things move too much.

As for creating a channel to the heart, I like to think -- at least in the case of my norn who shows a lot of cleavage, that it is purely an arrogance thing. She is more of an all or nothing, kill or die kind of a person.

As an aside, someone mentioned people should be allowed to wear nothing if they wanted to. I remembered a roaming guild in ET, in which most of it members roamed without armor. At the time they were a fairly dangerous small team and I admired them for foregoing the extra protection in their fights.

@"joneirikb.7506"

Nope I read the first post, looked at the mentioned armour pieces and read some of the responses. The OP mentions stripper and skin tight armour it seems to be about skin as well as realism.

Most of the mentioned armour pieces have been re-worked albeit for "realism" purposes, although hopefully not. For instance, I used to wear the full heavy arah armour at some point and armegeddon armour around 2012-2013, which has since been re-worked.

So I still stand by what I said previously and about the realism in fantasy games...

Edit: If you look at the re-works on some of the armour pieces it looks like anet might be pandering to some players who want "realism" in this game. I hope this isn't the case and it's purely because of their general aesthetic taste...I hope.

Furthermore, if one spends time looking through all the armour pieces it's easy to find "realistic" armour or at least as close as one can get to it in this game. Maybe you haven't seen all the armours available.

> @"Tiz.3204" said:

> @"joneirikb.7506"

> Nope I read the first post, looked at the mentioned armour pieces and read some of the responses. The OP mentions stripper and skin tight armour it seems to be about skin as well as realism.

> Most of the mentioned armour pieces have been re-worked albeit for "realism" purposes, although hopefully not. For instance, I used to wear the full heavy arah armour at some point and armegeddon armour around 2012-2013, which has since been re-worked.

> So I still stand by what I said previously and about the realism in fantasy games...

> Edit: If you look at the re-works on some of the armour pieces it looks like anet might be pandering to some players who want "realism" in this game. I hope this isn't the case and it's purely because of their general aesthetic taste...I hope.

> Furthermore, if one spends time looking through all the armour pieces it's easy to find "realistic" armour or at least as close as one can get to it in this game. Maybe you haven't seen all the armours available.

But why argue against a few skins of each ? The game is already full of armor skins of many different types as ANet clearly been trying to pander to a lot of different tastes (within their own style). So would it really be a problem if they picked a couple of armors forward and made the more "realistic looking" so people that enjoy that style has more to play with ? It doesn't have to be one or the other.

And realism in fantasy games is something that is completely up to taste, personally I don't enjoy Conan/Red Sonja style armor at all, and wearing that kind of armor just completely disconnects me from the game, as I just can't for the life of me take it serious. So for me, anything based on around Middle Ages style (like most fantasy, including gw2) with swords, bows and armor etc, I want at least the option of some realistic looking armors, because otherwise I get the mental image of a soldier running around in the trench wars in WW1 in a orange and yellow clown suit.

Now there are some fairly realistic looking armor already, and I've been mainly sticking to those, but there are still some lacks, especially in a proper plate armor. And to be honest, most of the releases after the first year or so, been pandering more to the "sci-fi" crowd than anything else ;)

Edit: Persona petpeve, everytime people say "don't turn GW2 into a fantasy anime!" And I go "derp?!". Because every fantasy anime I've seen yet been looking downright realistic compared to GW2, if anything I'd wish they made GW2 MORE into an fantasy anime style, at least that way I'd get some decent looking plate armor! ;)