watching this..

Trajan.4953

> @"DragonSlayer.1087" said:

> > @"Coldtart.4785" said:

> > I wonder how many people playing WvW today have never experienced proper fights. Feels like there was more innovation in the WvW meta from GvG guilds in the first year than in all of HoT and PoF put together.

>

> One word: Scourge

whuuuuut? the class that needs massive BUUFFFS?

ANET buff scourge!

Seriously, WvW combat is way to much dependable from scourges stacking nowadays and aoe spam rather than skilled combat, i think Anet did that so every bad player and pve player that was avoiding to go to WvW can actually think their are extremelly good and dont feel so frighted, and actually start playign wvw...

Scourge has weaknesses but nobody seems to want to even try to exploit them. Last week I had the displeasure of watching a 'fight guild' commander just repeatedly run right into the red circles without any attempt to use mobility or range bombs on the enemy zerg.

> @"Coldtart.4785" said:

> I wonder how many people playing WvW today have never experienced proper fights. Feels like there was more innovation in the WvW meta from GvG guilds in the first year than in all of HoT and PoF put together.

You mean the almighty hammertrain? Nice innovation. Pushing into enemy, pressing stab button, hammerstun/imob, dodge out, regrp, waterblast and everything again. Really challenging lul.

> @"Garrus.7403" said:

> > I wonder how many people playing WvW today have never experienced proper fights. Feels like there was more innovation in the WvW meta from GvG guilds in the first year than in all of HoT and PoF put together.

>

> You mean the almighty hammertrain? Nice innovation. Pushing into enemy, pressing stab button, hammerstun/imob, dodge out, regrp, waterblast and everything again. Really challenging lul.

How many times over did you outnumber the guilds that wiped you regularly?

> @"Garrus.7403" said:

>

> You mean the almighty hammertrain? Nice innovation. Pushing into enemy, pressing stab button, hammerstun/imob, dodge out, regrp, waterblast and everything again. Really challenging lul.

Back in the day of the melee train I would never thought I would say this, but better this hammer/melee than the scourge pirateshipping that it is now. It felt more like fights even though a good guild was nearly untouchable.

I still remember when I first bought my guild into WvW in the early first year, I order a blast, they asked what is blast.

Team sustain require some coordination to pull off, ele can't just drop random water any where and hope there will be people blasting it and not some random fields while praying people receiving the heals. Necros need to make some effort to choose the same guy to strip inorder to really kill him, in gvg. There were some coordination and efforts involved. Due to those, it was possible to take on way greater numbers since random pugs normally won't have that basic coordination. Now, sustain is so easily available and aoe dps are so common. It really is a number game now, skill has become a secondary and only worthy concern if you are among the stacked servers that can can field equal numbers on all sides.

> @"Coldtart.4785" said:

> > @"Garrus.7403" said:

> > > @"Coldtart.4785" said:

> > > I wonder how many people playing WvW today have never experienced proper fights. Feels like there was more innovation in the WvW meta from GvG guilds in the first year than in all of HoT and PoF put together.

> >

> > You mean the almighty hammertrain? Nice innovation. Pushing into enemy, pressing stab button, hammerstun/imob, dodge out, regrp, waterblast and everything again. Really challenging lul.

>

> How many times over did you outnumber the guilds that wiped you regularly?

I was in a raiding guild myself and we were fighting against pug blobs and other guilds with higher numbers quite often.