80 or 82 Central Tyria mastery points?

So well according to the wiki there are 82 Central Tyria mastery points but I have 49 used ones, 30 unused ones and a single one I still need to get and that would get met to 80 points.

So could you once get like 82? Was it planned, but they got rid of 2 of em?

Does anyone know that?

Also if we look at efficiency there are a lot of ppl having 373 total points which would get us to the 80 as correct answer (since if 82 would be correct answer we would need to have a 375 here) but why are there like 2 ppl with 1 mastery point extra?

That 1 extra is in HoT, will be the “hidden” one which is inconsistently awarded by defeating Mayatle The Fierce.

82 from core

197 from HoT (198 including that hidden one)

95 in PoF

= 374/375.

All are listed on the Wiki.

The total points that efficiency breaks down, doesn’t detail which zone has the maxed total, but under each core/HoT/PoF breakdown, there’s atleast 1 person with each maxed at 82/198/95.

82nd point from core might be one of the newest added points from completing all achievements from the Shattered Observatory Fractal or the Twilight Oasis fractal.

Either way, there’s plenty of points to pick and choose from to complete all masteries.

/shrug.

Thank you for the answer but it still does not answer my question.

Let me rephrase it then.

According to my own calculations as well as efficiency I have:

79/82 Central Tyria mastery points and I only have 1 that is shown as missing in my achievement window and which is Ambrite Weapon Collection

198/198 Heart of Thorns mastery points (yes also the Mayatl the Fierce one since I remember that one I got it pretty recently)

95/95 Path of Fire mastery points

So after I finish Ambrite Weapon Collection it will go to 82/82 but why?

There is no other point shown to me apart from that one.

And I also looked up I finished all the achievements except the Ambrite Weapon Collection so should I not have 81/82 atm?

efficiency says there is 1 person with 82 and 14 with 81.

So what did I do differently?

> @"Alaya.8765" said:

> Thank you for the answer but it still does not answer my question.

> Let me rephrase it then.

>

> According to my own calculations as well as efficiency I have:

>

> 79/82 Central Tyria mastery points and I only have 1 that is shown as missing in my achievement window and which is Ambrite Weapon Collection

>

> 198/198 Heart of Thorns mastery points (yes also the Mayatl the Fierce one since I remember that one I got it pretty recently)

>

> 95/95 Path of Fire mastery points

>

> So after I finish Ambrite Weapon Collection it will go to 82/82 but why?

> There is no other point shown to me apart from that one.

>

> And I also looked up I finished all the achievements except the Ambrite Weapon Collection so should I not have 81/82 atm?

> efficiency says there is 1 person with 82 and 14 with 81.

> So what did I do differently?

I can’t tell you what you’re missing because I don’t have access to your full achievement panel. All I can tell you is that there’s 82 listed points for Core Tyria on the Wiki, and they are all obtainable. Unless one has bugged out for you and hasn’t awarded, I don’t know.

You can use gw2efficiency, to view achievements with mastery points attached to them, and select which zoning too, maybe start there.

I already did all the looking up.

If you can earn a mastery point it is marked in the achievement window right?

And if you have earned all the points in one category the mastery point reminder in front vanishes right?

The only reminder I can find ingame is the Ambrite Weapon Collection and that would bring me to 49 used ones, 30 unused ones and the Ambrite Weapon Collection one to a total of 80. If I look in efficiency and filter it for Masteries only and either unfinished or ernable it also only shows me Ambrite Weapon Collection.

So can I assume I have 2 bugged out Mastery points?

> @"Alaya.8765" said:

> I already did all the looking up.

>

> If you can earn a mastery point it is marked in the achievement window right?

> And if you have earned all the points in one category the mastery point reminder in front vanishes right?

>

> The only reminder I can find ingame is the Ambrite Weapon Collection and that would bring me to 49 used ones, 30 unused ones and the Ambrite Weapon Collection one to a total of 80. If I look in efficiency and filter it for Masteries only and either unfinished or ernable it also only shows me Ambrite Weapon Collection.

>

> So can I assume I have 2 bugged out Mastery points?

Have you compared your MPs to ones on wiki? Maybe some of them are collections that you didnt unlock yet.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Alaya.8765" said:

> > I already did all the looking up.

> >

> > If you can earn a mastery point it is marked in the achievement window right?

> > And if you have earned all the points in one category the mastery point reminder in front vanishes right?

> >

> > The only reminder I can find ingame is the Ambrite Weapon Collection and that would bring me to 49 used ones, 30 unused ones and the Ambrite Weapon Collection one to a total of 80. If I look in efficiency and filter it for Masteries only and either unfinished or ernable it also only shows me Ambrite Weapon Collection.

> >

> > So can I assume I have 2 bugged out Mastery points?

>

> Have you compared your MPs to ones on wiki? Maybe some of them are collections that you didnt unlock yet.

Basic Collections :

Koutalophile is done

Rare Collections :

Ascended Accoutrement is done

Bioluminescence is done

Fractal Master is done

Gold Fractal Master is done

Ambrite Weapon Collection the one I know I am missing.

> @"Alaya.8765" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Alaya.8765" said:

> > > I already did all the looking up.

> > >

> > > If you can earn a mastery point it is marked in the achievement window right?

> > > And if you have earned all the points in one category the mastery point reminder in front vanishes right?

> > >

> > > The only reminder I can find ingame is the Ambrite Weapon Collection and that would bring me to 49 used ones, 30 unused ones and the Ambrite Weapon Collection one to a total of 80. If I look in efficiency and filter it for Masteries only and either unfinished or ernable it also only shows me Ambrite Weapon Collection.

> > >

> > > So can I assume I have 2 bugged out Mastery points?

> >

> > Have you compared your MPs to ones on wiki? Maybe some of them are collections that you didnt unlock yet.

>

> Basic Collections :

> Koutalophile is done

>

> Rare Collections :

> Ascended Accoutrement is done

> Bioluminescence is done

> Fractal Master is done

> Gold Fractal Master is done

>

> Ambrite Weapon Collection the one I know I am missing.

It doesnt have to be collection, it was just an example. Check every single achi from wiki that you dont have and see which ones are extra.

Looking at my own, I have maxed out core Tyria masteries (49), and have 28 points left over, bringing my total to **77**

I only have four more achievements for core Tyria that award a mastery point, this would be 81 MPs.

There's definitely 82 points to be earned, but my numbers aren't matching to what I have left to earn and have already spent/have left over.

So i have 1 bugged out point too which hasn't been awarded to me ^^

Story Journal: (16/16 mp)

(Living World Season 2) : 16/16 mastery points (2 points per 8 episodes)

General: (40/40 mp)

Silverwastes 7/7

Dry Top 1/1

Hero 11/11

Explorer 2/2

Fashion 1/1

Jumping Puzzles 1/1

Mastery Insights 9/9

Tripple Trouble 2/2

Tequatl 2/2

Bosses 4/4

Side Stories: (3/3 mp)

CoM + JofB +TC 3/3

Fractals of the Mists: (17/17 mp)

FotM 15/15

Nightmare Fractal 1/1

Shattered Observatory 1/1

Collections: (5/6 mp)

Basic 1/1

Rare 4/5

16+40+3+17+6 = 82

For me it would be

16+40+3+17+5 = 81

But alas I do have 49 used and 30 unused to a grand total of 79

==> I have 79/82 but I should have 81/82 if I look at my completed achievements

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Here's a discussion about this very issue from the Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Mastery_point_unlocks#Tyrian_MP_total.3F

>

> Good luck.

That total was correct at 81 when published (16 August 2017). Anet added the 82nd point in Nov 2017 with Twilight Oasis (A Hollow Victory)

This adds nothing to the discussion really.

We’ve established there’s 82 points in total for Core Tyria, two of us posters have identified we’ve not been awarded 1-2 points based on points we have left over and the 49 points we have already spent, and using efficiency to locate the remaining potential points to obtain.

It looks like a weird addition mistake to me.

The wiki shows 82 points and the game says that I've earned 80 of them with only two unearned

However, the implied amount is 81 available, by summing my awarded points, my yet-to-be-achieved points, and my unallocated points.

I went literally through each and every achievement listed on the wiki to ensure each had the red starburst. All 80 I've earned have that starburst.

FYI for those wanting to verify this themselves. Going through the personal story entries is tedious, since there are 3-5 possible endings that count for each. Near as I can tell, I have a mastery point for each of the eight chapters. (Another complication: the journal shows a mastery point for each completed racial & order chapter, even though the game only awards one point each).

If I had to guess for where QA should start looking, I'd recommend looking at the calculations that limits us to one point per personal story chapter. The game seems to trigger each story completion of one point and then reducing the amount using some algorithm. I'd bet that folks with alts are getting 0 points from at least one of the chapters.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> It looks like a weird addition mistake to me.

>

> The wiki shows 82 points and the game says that I've earned 80 of them with only two unearned

> However, the implied amount is 81 available, by summing my awarded points, my yet-to-be-achieved points, and my unallocated points.

>

> I went literally through each and every achievement listed on the wiki to ensure each had the red starburst. All 80 I've earned have that starburst.

>

> FYI for those wanting to verify this themselves. Going through the personal story entries is tedious, since there are 3-5 possible endings that count for each. Near as I can tell, I have a mastery point for each of the eight chapters. (Another complication: the journal shows a mastery point for each completed racial & order chapter, even though the game only awards one point each).

>

> If I had to guess for where QA should start looking, I'd recommend looking at the calculations that limits us to one point per personal story chapter. The game seems to trigger each story completion of one point and then reducing the amount using some algorithm. I'd bet that folks with alts are getting 0 points from at least one of the chapters.

Well since I have every single achievement in Hero panel (well do not have the hidden year 7-10 birthdays) so it should be easy in my case to fix it then ^^

> @"Alaya.8765" said:

> Well since I have every single achievement in Hero panel (well do not have the hidden year 7-10 birthdays) so it should be easy in my case to fix it then ^^

If it were easy, there wouldn't be a discrepancy in the first place. They aren't just going to manually adjust everyone who manually counts points on their own; they need to figure out what's causing the differing numbers. (I realize the "^ ^" suggests you might be joking; I'm responding more for others reading the thread, who might not notice.)

Well I honestly think the biggest problem is not that but simply was that when they released HoT we got points for all the achievements we already had and I am about 100% sure it was bugged then but no one payed attention because no one knew about it. I prob had like between 50 and 60 Central Tyria mastery points right after release already and it bugged out then while I had to accept them all I suppose.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Here's a discussion about this very issue from the Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Mastery_point_unlocks#Tyrian_MP_total.3F

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> That total was correct at 81 when published (16 August 2017). Anet added the 82nd point in Nov 2017 with Twilight Oasis (A Hollow Victory)

> This adds nothing to the discussion really.

> We’ve established there’s 82 points in total for Core Tyria, two of us posters have identified we’ve not been awarded 1-2 points based on points we have left over and the 49 points we have already spent, and using efficiency to locate the remaining potential points to obtain.

Well, if you think others (posting in the Wiki) with the same problem of points not adding up correctly add nothing to the discussion, I suppose that's so.

Good luck.