Ascended Items should be stat-swappable

> @"Ceit.7619" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> >

> > It would however devalue one of the single largest gold sinks this game has, which would in turn have cascading effects. This game is *NOT* GW1, the only thing this game shares with GW1 is lore in almost every single aspect. You can experiment with ascended sets, its not that expensive to swap out an entire set of weapons and armor ive done it a few times already, yes theres a cost, and there should remain one. Ascended gear was soulbound when it first launched and theres a huge pushback about it, thankfully they made it account bound, and i want it to stay that way, because ive moved sets around to various characters several times, and i *hate* crafting so making a new one is a huge pain for me.

>

> Just saying that being able to change stats freely is a QoL function that should exist here because it is good for the community. Not everyone thinks dropping 60g just to try something out is feasible.

This function already exists. In legendary armor. It is one of the MAJOR reasons for making legendary armor. If you want to change stats freely, make legendary armor. Maybe a couple weapons.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

>

> This function already exists. In legendary armor. It is one of the MAJOR reasons for making legendary armor. If you want to change stats freely, make legendary armor. Maybe a couple weapons.

The entire point of the post is basically saying that forcing people into dropping tens of thousands of gold to get a function the previous game gave away for free is insane and insulting. You'd need to make 3 sets of legendary armor, 24 Legendary weapons, 1 legendary back item, and 5 legendary trinkets (4 of which don't exist) in order to get a level of customization that spvp can enjoy for basically no cost at all. And if you did make all that legendary stuff, dropping ridiculous amounts of gold to obtain it, you would *still* have to put up with the annoyance of moving the gear around every time you wanted to play it on a different toon. Such quality of life.

> @"Ceit.7619" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> >

> > It would however devalue one of the single largest gold sinks this game has, which would in turn have cascading effects. This game is *NOT* GW1, the only thing this game shares with GW1 is lore in almost every single aspect. You can experiment with ascended sets, its not that expensive to swap out an entire set of weapons and armor ive done it a few times already, yes theres a cost, and there should remain one. Ascended gear was soulbound when it first launched and theres a huge pushback about it, thankfully they made it account bound, and i want it to stay that way, because ive moved sets around to various characters several times, and i *hate* crafting so making a new one is a huge pain for me.

>

> I think you are kind of helping my point here in a way. If the gear had stat swapping on it, you wouldn't necessarily have to be moving stuff around all the time like that. I am aware ascended things used to be soulbound, and I have often times used the account binding nature of these items as well. Took all my gear off my necro and gave it to my mesmer. I used to slide a power-heavy set of armor around on all 3 of the heavy classes, once upon a time when they all used the same rough stat setup. It's all just a very clunky way to be able to play the game. I'm well aware gw1 and gw2 are separate games, and I'm not advocating it become that game. Just saying that being able to change stats freely is a QoL function that should exist here because it is good for the community. Not everyone thinks dropping 60g just to try something out is feasible.

Negative, i am not, they made ascended items account bound to allow people the freedom to try different things, they added in the ability to change stats on ascended items like they did so that legendarys still had a reason to be desired. i disagree, you want stat swapping freely you should put out the time to get legendary armor like i am currently doing. its *THE ONLY* reason to make most legendaries anymore as there are better looking weapon skins in game, not to mention better armor skins.

you can make 60g in 4 days by doing T4 fractal dailys. It doesnt cost 60g however to change most, *most* being the keyword, stats out. it cost me 20g to swap out an entire armor set to Berzerk.

> @"Ceit.7619" said:

> > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> >

> > This function already exists. In legendary armor. It is one of the MAJOR reasons for making legendary armor. If you want to change stats freely, make legendary armor. Maybe a couple weapons.

>

> The entire point of the post is basically saying that forcing people into dropping tens of thousands of gold to get a function the previous game gave away for free is insane and insulting. You'd need to make 3 sets of legendary armor, 24 Legendary weapons, 1 legendary back item, and 5 legendary trinkets (4 of which don't exist) in order to get a level of customization that spvp can enjoy for basically no cost at all. And if you did make all that legendary stuff, dropping ridiculous amounts of gold to obtain it, you would *still* have to put up with the annoyance of moving the gear around every time you wanted to play it on a different toon. Such quality of life.

The previous games gear and build system is completely different and doesn't apply here. It's not insane or insulting to have... a different system in a different game made by different people. How spvp gear works also doesn't apply because it's a single gamemode with different rules than.. the other gamemodes. The builds and gear people use in spvp can't be taken out of spvp.

You don't HAVE to have full legendary gear (trinkets and weapons) to do what you want to do? It's entirely possible to buy extra ascended trinkets, stat change weapons, and have legendary armor. It will be cluttered and messy but for what you want to do, that's what needs to be done.

The only reason you think this is a QoL change is because it would allow you to get the main perks of something without putting in all of the effort that other players have put in. You think the gold cost is ridiculous but there's a high gold cost because that gear offers things OTHER GEAR does not. It is the incentive to make legendary gear despite the cost. Add those functions to other gear and you take that away.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

>

> Negative, i am not, they made ascended items account bound to allow people the freedom to try different things, they added in the ability to change stats on ascended items like they did so that legendarys still had a reason to be desired. i disagree, you want stat swapping freely you should put out the time to get legendary armor like i am currently doing. its *THE ONLY* reason to make most legendaries anymore as there are better looking weapon skins in game, not to mention better armor skins.

>

> you can make 60g in 4 days by doing T4 fractal dailys. It doesnt cost 60g however to change most, *most* being the keyword, stats out. it cost me 20g to swap out an entire armor set to Berzerk.

I think we will just agree to just disagree. You think doing t4 fractal dailies for 4 days so you can change your stats on *some* of your gear is acceptable. I don't think that is good. You do. Differences.

You mean like without any payment/process? Because they are swappable now. If you mean just an instant alteration, that would pretty much kill the incentive to explore new regions and gather new recipes etc. To make it cost something taking one path and not another would make no sense.

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

>

> The previous games gear and build system is completely different and doesn't apply here. It's not insane or insulting to have... a different system in a different game made by different people. How spvp gear works also doesn't apply because it's a single gamemode with different rules than.. the other gamemodes. The builds and gear people use in spvp can't be taken out of spvp.

>

> You don't HAVE to have full legendary gear (trinkets and weapons) to do what you want to do? It's entirely possible to buy extra ascended trinkets, stat change weapons, and have legendary armor. It will be cluttered and messy but for what you want to do, that's what needs to be done.

>

> The only reason you think this is a QoL change is because it would allow you to get the main perks of something without putting in all of the effort that other players have put in. You think the gold cost is ridiculous but there's a high gold cost because that gear offers things OTHER GEAR does not. It is the incentive to make legendary gear despite the cost. Add those functions to other gear and you take that away.

Like with the other guy, clearly we just have a difference of opinion on the matter. You think throwing tens of thousands of gold into legendaries so you can play off-meta solo stuff is a good idea. I don't. It's a QoL change because it would improve the quality of life of people who played the game. People could swap to a tankier stat set in open world, go into wvw, raid, you know, PLAY THE GAME without having to go to the mystic forge and drop a bunch of gold and tedious garbage just to play with certain setups. What does the current environment do instead? Everyone just has a set of armor for given game modes, and people avoid changing or trying new things as much as possible. We have a large amount of stat combinations in the game that all suggest at different possible build options and the mass population of the game uses maybe 5 of them, and never goes anywhere else because the cost to go back to the 'meta' is punishing.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> You mean like without any payment/process? Because they are swappable now. If you mean just an instant alteration, that would pretty much kill the incentive to explore new regions and gather new recipes etc. To make it cost something taking one path and not another would make no sense.

Not necessarily. I rather like the idea listed in this very thread about basically infusing the armor with insignia's in order to get the obtain the option to switch to them. So you have your berserker sword, and if you want to add grieving stats to it, you would need to go out and obtain the necessary insignia to add the option in.

> @"Ceit.7619" said:

> >

> > The previous games gear and build system is completely different and doesn't apply here. It's not insane or insulting to have... a different system in a different game made by different people. How spvp gear works also doesn't apply because it's a single gamemode with different rules than.. the other gamemodes. The builds and gear people use in spvp can't be taken out of spvp.

> >

> > You don't HAVE to have full legendary gear (trinkets and weapons) to do what you want to do? It's entirely possible to buy extra ascended trinkets, stat change weapons, and have legendary armor. It will be cluttered and messy but for what you want to do, that's what needs to be done.

> >

> > The only reason you think this is a QoL change is because it would allow you to get the main perks of something without putting in all of the effort that other players have put in. You think the gold cost is ridiculous but there's a high gold cost because that gear offers things OTHER GEAR does not. It is the incentive to make legendary gear despite the cost. Add those functions to other gear and you take that away.

>

> Like with the other guy, clearly we just have a difference of opinion on the matter. You think throwing tens of thousands of gold into legendaries so you can play off-meta solo stuff is a good idea. I don't. It's a QoL change because it would improve the quality of life of people who played the game. People could swap to a tankier stat set in open world, go into wvw, raid, you know, PLAY THE GAME without having to go to the mystic forge and drop a bunch of gold and tedious garbage just to play with certain setups. What does the current environment do instead? Everyone just has a set of armor for given game modes, and people avoid changing or trying new things as much as possible. We have a large amount of stat combinations in the game that all suggest at different possible build options and the mass population of the game uses maybe 5 of them, and never goes anywhere else because the cost to go back to the 'meta' is punishing.

I just think it's pretty ridiculous to get rid of the major incentive to make a certain type of gear in favor of people who can't bother crafting exotic sets to try off meta builds or have alternate armor sets for other gamemodes.

It's not a QoL change because it completely fucks over the people that have already put in the work and spent the gold to make legendary gear. You can PLAY THE GAME perfectly fine without stat swapping. Why is your gear changing so much and so often than having an ascended set and maybe 1 or 2 exotic sets of armor isn't enough for a single toon?

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

>

> I just think it's pretty ridiculous to get rid of the major incentive to make a certain type of gear in favor of people who can't bother crafting exotic sets to try off meta builds or have alternate armor sets for other gamemodes.

> It's not a QoL change because it completely kitten over the people that have already put in the work and spent the gold to make legendary gear. You can PLAY THE GAME perfectly fine without stat swapping. Why is your gear changing so much and so often than having an ascended set and maybe 1 or 2 exotic sets of armor isn't enough for a single toon?

>

>

My gear isn't changing so much and so often, and that is precisely the problem in my eyes. Build diversity is stagnant in the game because the cost options for experimentation is too much. Either craft LEGENDARY stuff, or make an entirely new set of gear every time you want to play a certain way. Right now my account looks pretty typical I think. My condi classes sit in viper gear, the power classes in berserker gear, basically locked into whatever the meta is because while I would like to mess around more and do different things, I also want to be able to run raids and high level fractals. So I have sacrificed the fun of trying out different builds with being functional in a few aspects of the game.

> @"Ceit.7619" said:

> >

> > I just think it's pretty ridiculous to get rid of the major incentive to make a certain type of gear in favor of people who can't bother crafting exotic sets to try off meta builds or have alternate armor sets for other gamemodes.

> > It's not a QoL change because it completely kitten over the people that have already put in the work and spent the gold to make legendary gear. You can PLAY THE GAME perfectly fine without stat swapping. Why is your gear changing so much and so often than having an ascended set and maybe 1 or 2 exotic sets of armor isn't enough for a single toon?

> >

> >

>

> My gear isn't changing so much and so often, and that is precisely the problem in my eyes. Build diversity is stagnant in the game because the cost options for experimentation is too much. Either craft LEGENDARY stuff, or make an entirely new set of gear every time you want to play a certain way. Right now my account looks pretty typical I think. My condi classes sit in viper gear, the power classes in berserker gear, basically locked into whatever the meta is because while I would like to mess around more and do different things, I also want to be able to run raids and high level fractals. So I have sacrificed the fun of trying out different builds with being functional in a few aspects of the game.

You're only locked into meta because you're not willing to put in the gold to try new stats. That's not an issue with how the game functions because the mechanics you want already exist in gear you don't want to make. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone in favor of having ascended be stat swappable for free sound SO entitled.

If you want to experiment why does it have to be with the best weapons/armor available in the game? Use a cheaper more readily available version and then pay to stay change your ascended when you know what you want. There is no compelling reason for them to make this change because it would remove two huge gold and time sinks from the game in the form of crafting legendaries and using the mystic forge to stat change ascended.

Ascended is laughably easy to attain now and you want what is now pretty much base line gear to not only be easy to obtain but also free freely stat swappable? I think what you are asking for is all the rewards with none of the investment.

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

> Everyone in favor of having ascended be stat swappable for free sound SO entitled.

>

> If you want to experiment why does it have to be with the best weapons/armor available in the game? Use a cheaper more readily available version and then pay to stay change your ascended when you know what you want. There is no compelling reason for them to make this change because it would remove two huge gold and time sinks from the game in the form of crafting legendaries and using the mystic forge to stat change ascended.

>

> Ascended is laughably easy to attain now and you want what is now pretty much base line gear to not only be easy to obtain but also free freely stat swappable? I think what you are asking for is all the rewards with none of the investment.

+1

I don't mind the ascended being restricted to one stat selection as you can flip it in the forge. I would be happy if we could just remove sigils and runes without Gem Store extractors. They let us pull glyphs from gathering tools but not Runes and Sigils which makes no sense. I have some really expensive Runes and Sigils that I don't want to lose by stat swapping in the forge but I also don't think we should have to pay 250 gems (roughly 75 Gold) for 1 extractor. This a QOL item that shouldn't be locked behind a paywall or RNG BL chests imo.

> @"Ceit.7619" said:

> >

> > I just think it's pretty ridiculous to get rid of the major incentive to make a certain type of gear in favor of people who can't bother crafting exotic sets to try off meta builds or have alternate armor sets for other gamemodes.

> > It's not a QoL change because it completely kitten over the people that have already put in the work and spent the gold to make legendary gear. You can PLAY THE GAME perfectly fine without stat swapping. Why is your gear changing so much and so often than having an ascended set and maybe 1 or 2 exotic sets of armor isn't enough for a single toon?

> >

> >

>

> My gear isn't changing so much and so often, and that is precisely the problem in my eyes. Build diversity is stagnant in the game because the cost options for experimentation is too much. Either craft LEGENDARY stuff, or make an entirely new set of gear every time you want to play a certain way. Right now my account looks pretty typical I think. My condi classes sit in viper gear, the power classes in berserker gear, basically locked into whatever the meta is because while I would like to mess around more and do different things, I also want to be able to run raids and high level fractals. So I have sacrificed the fun of trying out different builds with being functional in a few aspects of the game.

This is a good point, and something many can relate to. I just recently leveled a Daredevil - Staff, and have full Exotic gear + ascended trinks for that power build, but I also kind of want to fool around with a condi D/D build. What is stopping me? The prohibitive cost of crafting exotic medium gear (in this case, Vipers). It feels bad.

But then I have to ask...so? Why shouldn't I have to get a new set of a gear to play a different build? GW2 isn't unique in that respect and it isn't as if getting gear in GW2 is particularly difficult. You can actually buy most Exotic level gear straight from the TP or with Karma, you can swap Ascended gear between characters on the same account, AND you can reset the stats of ascended gear using the Mystic Toilet. That's actually a pretty good system imo, but it only looks bad in comparison to the ease of stat changing you see in Legendary gear...but that ease comes at a tremendous cost, and is likely one of the primary reasons people spend the time and money they do to acquire it.

I understand that there will be things people hate about GW2 and want changed for 'QoL' reasons.

As an example, I hate jumping puzzles. I would like all achievements, dailies and rewards locked behind JPs to be accessible by some other means so someone like me who sucks hard at JPs can attain them - totally a QoL change! I mean, in GW1 we didn't have to do JPs to earn rewards (*wink*).

But it is what it is. We can't always get what we want, and where gearing is concerned, I have a hard time criticizing ANET on their philosophy.

I think Legendary crafting is pants-on-head-ridiculous! I don't understand why anyone would want to work that hard for pixelated loot in a virtual world - BUT, the good thing is I don't need to get it, so I'm fine with deciding (at least for now) to opt out, and let others make their own choices.

> @"Ceit.7619" said:

> As the title says. Legendary quality should be about the skins, the status of it, the particle effects, all the things people always end up paying to have anyways. Having ascended items be quickly stat-swappable (I.E. Not having to toss each piece and some gold into the MF just to try out a build idea, and if it doesn't work out have to do it again to go back to the 'meta') would bring in a lot more build diversity and remove the major punishment involved in running off-meta things. Ascended quality gear is expensive or grindy to get for a relatively minor stat increase, but making it able to select your stats on the fly would really add a lot to the game. I would even gladly trade the account-binding nature of ascended items and put it back to soulbound, if only they would give us the ability to actually play around with builds again. It was a staple in GW1, and the functionality to select stats is already in the game, it would just need to be expanded to encompass ascended weapons and not just the ridiculously expensive legendaries.

A few things...

What worked in gw1 doesn’t necessarily work for gw2.

The likelihood of the entire gearing system changing would be like 0.000000% at this point. Gear here (with the exception of spvp) is a tiered system that gets players to log in and particpate. It’s integral for a gold sink and intertwined in the entire economic engine. The gear system here works and is sensible.

Legendary isn’t required, but yeah it’s nice to have the stat swap function. Ascended gear is also relatively easy to build up, and with the exception old trinkets (there are some new trinkets in bloodstone fen and wvw can stat swap), it’s easy to change stats. Very good feature.

Ascended being account bound means you can spread it around to any characters that can use it... So you can have max level gear on a fresh 80 in the time it takes to shuffle gear to the bank (and that 80 can be made in a matter of minutes too btw)...

... We are not getting a change like this, anymore than we are getting Dwarves as a playable race. We just need to accept and move on.

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > Legendaries aren't legendary just for the skins and status. That stat swapping is part of that.

> > > There's 3 ways to get legendary armor you should probably just get a set.

> >

> > Problem is that there is a core PvP path, a core WvW path, but there is no core PvE path at all. The only path in PvE is in a minor sidecontent most pve players do not play.

>

> What.. do u mean... pve players do not play.. the pve content that results in pve legendary armor ?

Yes, a majority of pve players do not play the content that gives pve armor. Weird, isn't it?

> I don't know what you mean by "core" because the pvp and wvw armor comes from doing stuff in those game modes.. as does the pve armor because raids are............... pve.

there's a difference between "doing stuff in game mode" and "doing a very specific stuff in part of that gamemode, that actually most of said gamemode players do not play in". In both WvW and SPvP you have that first option, but in PvE it's the second.

In short, raids may be pve, but pve is _not_ raids. It's so much more.

So, basically, there is no stat-swappable armor option for a majority of gw2 players.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > > Legendaries aren't legendary just for the skins and status. That stat swapping is part of that.

> > > > There's 3 ways to get legendary armor you should probably just get a set.

> > >

> > > Problem is that there is a core PvP path, a core WvW path, but there is no core PvE path at all. The only path in PvE is in a minor sidecontent most pve players do not play.

> >

> > What.. do u mean... pve players do not play.. the pve content that results in pve legendary armor ?

> Yes, a majority of pve players do not play the content that gives pve armor. Weird, isn't it?

>

> > I don't know what you mean by "core" because the pvp and wvw armor comes from doing stuff in those game modes.. as does the pve armor because raids are............... pve.

> there's a difference between "doing stuff in game mode" and "doing a very specific stuff in part of that gamemode, that actually most of said gamemode players do not play in". In both WvW and SPvP you have that first option, but in PvE it's the second.

>

> In short, raids may be pve, but pve is _not_ raids. It's so much more.

>

>

Okay true but it's still the pve way to get legendary armor

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > > > Legendaries aren't legendary just for the skins and status. That stat swapping is part of that.

> > > > > There's 3 ways to get legendary armor you should probably just get a set.

> > > >

> > > > Problem is that there is a core PvP path, a core WvW path, but there is no core PvE path at all. The only path in PvE is in a minor sidecontent most pve players do not play.

> > >

> > > What.. do u mean... pve players do not play.. the pve content that results in pve legendary armor ?

> > Yes, a majority of pve players do not play the content that gives pve armor. Weird, isn't it?

> >

> > > I don't know what you mean by "core" because the pvp and wvw armor comes from doing stuff in those game modes.. as does the pve armor because raids are............... pve.

> > there's a difference between "doing stuff in game mode" and "doing a very specific stuff in part of that gamemode, that actually most of said gamemode players do not play in". In both WvW and SPvP you have that first option, but in PvE it's the second.

> >

> > In short, raids may be pve, but pve is _not_ raids. It's so much more.

> >

> >

>

> Okay true but it's still the pve way to get legendary armor

Sadly yes it is, and its extremely limiting on who can actually do it and obtain it.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > > > > Legendaries aren't legendary just for the skins and status. That stat swapping is part of that.

> > > > > > There's 3 ways to get legendary armor you should probably just get a set.

> > > > >

> > > > > Problem is that there is a core PvP path, a core WvW path, but there is no core PvE path at all. The only path in PvE is in a minor sidecontent most pve players do not play.

> > > >

> > > > What.. do u mean... pve players do not play.. the pve content that results in pve legendary armor ?

> > > Yes, a majority of pve players do not play the content that gives pve armor. Weird, isn't it?

> > >

> > > > I don't know what you mean by "core" because the pvp and wvw armor comes from doing stuff in those game modes.. as does the pve armor because raids are............... pve.

> > > there's a difference between "doing stuff in game mode" and "doing a very specific stuff in part of that gamemode, that actually most of said gamemode players do not play in". In both WvW and SPvP you have that first option, but in PvE it's the second.

> > >

> > > In short, raids may be pve, but pve is _not_ raids. It's so much more.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Okay true but it's still the pve way to get legendary armor

>

> Sadly yes it is, and its extremely limiting on who can actually do it and obtain it.

What makes it extremely limiting? Other than actually needing expansions for it.

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > > > > > Legendaries aren't legendary just for the skins and status. That stat swapping is part of that.

> > > > > > > There's 3 ways to get legendary armor you should probably just get a set.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Problem is that there is a core PvP path, a core WvW path, but there is no core PvE path at all. The only path in PvE is in a minor sidecontent most pve players do not play.

> > > > >

> > > > > What.. do u mean... pve players do not play.. the pve content that results in pve legendary armor ?

> > > > Yes, a majority of pve players do not play the content that gives pve armor. Weird, isn't it?

> > > >

> > > > > I don't know what you mean by "core" because the pvp and wvw armor comes from doing stuff in those game modes.. as does the pve armor because raids are............... pve.

> > > > there's a difference between "doing stuff in game mode" and "doing a very specific stuff in part of that gamemode, that actually most of said gamemode players do not play in". In both WvW and SPvP you have that first option, but in PvE it's the second.

> > > >

> > > > In short, raids may be pve, but pve is _not_ raids. It's so much more.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Okay true but it's still the pve way to get legendary armor

> >

> > Sadly yes it is, and its extremely limiting on who can actually do it and obtain it.

>

> What makes it extremely limiting? Other than actually needing expansions for it.

Two things, the difficulty of raids makes it hard to get a group that is willing to bring new people in, and making your own group isnt much of a solution either because people just wont join. Thankfully, if i want to raid i have a few friends who are part of raid guilds who are willing to bring me along...*sometimes*. Theres also the difficulty of them itself, which im not against, i like raids, but compared to both WvW which is mostly based off time spent doing the content, and PvP which i believe is the same, you have to go do content that is nowhere near what you normally encounter to get the items. So its a little unbalanced in my opinion on difficulty of obtainment.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > > > > > > Legendaries aren't legendary just for the skins and status. That stat swapping is part of that.

> > > > > > > > There's 3 ways to get legendary armor you should probably just get a set.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Problem is that there is a core PvP path, a core WvW path, but there is no core PvE path at all. The only path in PvE is in a minor sidecontent most pve players do not play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What.. do u mean... pve players do not play.. the pve content that results in pve legendary armor ?

> > > > > Yes, a majority of pve players do not play the content that gives pve armor. Weird, isn't it?

> > > > >

> > > > > > I don't know what you mean by "core" because the pvp and wvw armor comes from doing stuff in those game modes.. as does the pve armor because raids are............... pve.

> > > > > there's a difference between "doing stuff in game mode" and "doing a very specific stuff in part of that gamemode, that actually most of said gamemode players do not play in". In both WvW and SPvP you have that first option, but in PvE it's the second.

> > > > >

> > > > > In short, raids may be pve, but pve is _not_ raids. It's so much more.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Okay true but it's still the pve way to get legendary armor

> > >

> > > Sadly yes it is, and its extremely limiting on who can actually do it and obtain it.

> >

> > What makes it extremely limiting? Other than actually needing expansions for it.

>

> Two things, the difficulty of raids makes it hard to get a group that is willing to bring new people in, and making your own group isnt much of a solution either because people just wont join. Thankfully, if i want to raid i have a few friends who are part of raid guilds who are willing to bring me along...*sometimes*. Theres also the difficulty of them itself, which im not against, i like raids, but compared to both WvW which is mostly based off time spent doing the content, and PvP which i believe is the same, you have to go do content that is nowhere near what you normally encounter to get the items. So its a little unbalanced in my opinion on difficulty of obtainment.

Luckily there's lots of communities dedicated to helping people raid so while it's NOT content you can jump in and go it's still not totally inaccessible.

I know WvW is a pure time grind and PvP might be too (I don't do pvp) but personally I think that makes sense because for PvE you're also working for special skins. For WvW and PvP the skins are something you can just get in ascended and leave it at that. Extra effort for unique skin vs legendary gear that is just an upgrade of ascended gear.

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

> What makes it extremely limiting? Other than actually needing expansions for it.

There are a couple of things that prevent me from raiding. The biggest is that I find raiding in every game I've tried it in to be largely uninteresting.

I'd rather spend an extra 5 hours at work than spend an hour raiding each week. Secondly, I experience moderately severe tremors when I get anxious. I haven't tried to find a group that'd be willing to work around that because of my distaste for raiding, but I doubt such an understanding group would be easy to find.

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

As mentioned above, the fact that this path intentionally excludes majority of PvE players. It may not be closed to them, there's nothing really preventing people from doing it, but for a majority of PvE players that option is still functionally no different than both PvP options. Because for a majority of pve players raids are, in fact, if not in name, a completely separate gamemode.

To be more clear: The PvE path covers only a small piece of PvE, and what is more, a piece that is neither representative of the whole mode, and disliked by a vast majority of PvE players. Thus, for a majority of GW2 players, there is no legendary armor path whatsoever within _any_ content they play.

I used to want stat swapping on Ascended gear, however in my version it would not be built in, but a craftable version requiring an expensive insignia/inscription recipe. Perhaps require gifts of condensed might/magic. Make it way more cost than current ascended, but not quite Legendary level of cost. That actually might be a good idea for a hypothetical non-raid PvE Legendary armor. It would just use the craftable ascended armor skins, to put it in line with PvP/WvW legendaries.

There would have to be some grind aspect to it. Something that requires physically playing and be untradable. Both PvP and WvW have the pip grind which can only be progressed by playing the game mode (a LOT). I don't know how it would work in open world PvE though. They would have to implement a new system. For example, a new drop that only comes from completing a HoT map meta. And not just taxi into a Gerent map and kill it, but working on the entire prep meta. Like a full day/night VB cycle. Of course that only works for HoTs maps (and Silverwates/Dry Top too I suppose).

I don't know. I'm not trying to propose or advocate a system. Just thinking out loud. As of this week--perhaps even tonight--I will be half done with my Legendary armor set, so I'm approaching the downhill.