If I have HoT (but can't afford to get PoF atm), will it still be enjoyable?

> @"solfizz.5730" said:

> This is coming from someone who last picked up the game in 2015 shortly after the HoT expac dropped, but left shortly afterward. Does PoF depopulate the older zones to the degree of making them feel lonely?

Not at all. HoT zones and even vanilla zones are still filled with players, both veterans and newcomers.

Its no different then Core Tyria. The population is low for most of the map cycle, but will quickly amass 30 minutes leading up to an event. Just be aware of time zones, as maps like Dragonstand (with long commitments) tend to get skipped over the much more Adhoc maps like Auric Basin.

POF maps have the advantage of being much more solo/travel friendly, despite the mob density. Bounties also tend to attract a lot of attention of passerbys... so high traffic areas always see some kind of activity. Where POF suffers is in the large meta map events. They're marginally more involved then HoT metas, but they punish passive players a lot harder.... thus passive players tend to avoid them for not being easy. Overall I find most PoF events to be a lot more manageable for small groups, or solo players; but the bigger events are designed to be run by a LOT more players. HoT is almost the opposite.... individual events are designed for 5-10 players, but metas designed to break up a map population into these sized groups.

Honestly, spending a lot of time in HoT maps when players aren't coalescing to be a pain. Especially in LS3 maps, where most people are just farming something until one of the Bosses spawn. Most won't even help with the Pres, unless they're already there doing to the Heart.

Euuh, i have the base game+both expansions and i'm nearly 400 hours in, and let me tell you this: i have played 399 hours on core guild wars 2 content and 1 hour of story of hot for the guilder and go tback to living world , of course i haven't touched PoF, i'm still playing Living story after main story, just waanted to say that just the core game is so enjoyable that i forgot there are still expansions to play, i have no mount, just gulider for guliding, and i intend to enjoy every aspect of this beautiful world until i get to the expansions.

I was in HoT last week, doing the HPs for my new Necro, and, there was so many people there that I got my required HPs in record time. Have not been in PoF because even though everyone here says all the HPs in PoF are soloable, I have yet to find one that is soloable for me. If I knew someone trustworthy and could help me get them, I would shower gold on them to take me about...I would really like a DeadEye.

Lisa.