What is the best solo class in PoF?

Baelzharon.1523

condi necro until you get reaper. Staff/scepter-dagger, with wells and flesh golem. Prec/toughness/Condition Damage (Rabid) gear (replace trinkets with Carrion if you want a little more vitality).

It won't necessarily solo the Bat Guano HP, but I was able to solo around 95% of Verdant Brink with that build. In my opinion it's a forgiving build, but you do need to know your skills and know when to dodge vs. taking a hit. Staff 4 and scepter/dagger 4 are key because they clear/transfer conditions.

Curses, Spite, and Blood Magic for traits.

It's not a perfect build, but it does the job.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like staff daredevil. It has great cleave and a reflect on staff auto, isn't affected by slow/cripple from Awakened and has great healing-on-crit and manoeuvrability (can escape trash fights quickly so you can get back on your mount). Shortbow is great for moving around and tagging enemies in group events.

Thief basically excels in all areas you want while solo'ing.

I hear that the Zerg class is by far the best... can't beat it for anything in HoT or PoF.

On a serious note, my thief Daredevil regularly gets her butt handed to her doing the stories in PoF; by the end of every story sequence, her gear is destroyed since she's died at least a dozen times or more, often instantly... and I do mean instantly. And, of course, there's no repair anvil anywhere in the vicinity and the nearest waypoint is miles away...

What idiot developer creates a solo instance where a character -- at the appropriate level and appropriately geared -- dies immediately on JUST ENTERING an instance, never getting a chance to even use a skill? An ANet developer; that's who...

The encounters need to be tuned. Badly need to be tuned, not need to be tuned badly -- which is apparently what has happened -- since different classes shouldn't struggle or conversely have an easy time of it. In most games it's caused "balance"; I'm not sure if ANet has ever heard that term before.

> @"Lord Kreegan.8123" said:

> I hear that the Zerg class is by far the best... can't beat it for anything in HoT or PoF.

> On a serious note, my thief Daredevil regularly gets her butt handed to her doing the stories in PoF; by the end of every story sequence, her gear is destroyed since she's died at least a dozen times or more, often instantly... and I do mean instantly. And, of course, there's no repair anvil anywhere in the vicinity and the nearest waypoint is miles away...

> What idiot developer creates a solo instance where a character -- at the appropriate level and appropriately geared -- dies immediately on JUST ENTERING an instance, never getting a chance to even use a skill? An ANet developer; that's who...

> The encounters need to be tuned. Badly need to be tuned, not need to be tuned badly -- which is apparently what has happened -- since different classes shouldn't struggle or conversely have an easy time of it. In most games it's caused "balance"; I'm not sure if ANet has ever heard that term before.

Well, this is the complete opposite of my own experiences. I play with Berserker stats and Superior Rune of the Scholar, using a staff and shortbow. I rarely, if ever, die upon entering a story instance. If anything, Daredevil is probably one of my most reliable solo dps characters.

If I might make a suggestion, are you using Invigorating Precision (on the Critical Strikes traitline). I find this helps thief sustain SO MUCH - so long as you are hitting your target, you shouldn't really have any troubles. I also suggest swapping dodges when you expect combat - bounded leap and staff 5 are amazing for clearing out trash mobs, but unhindered combatant is also an amazing mobility tool.

> @"Lord Kreegan.8123" said:

> I hear that the Zerg class is by far the best... can't beat it for anything in HoT or PoF.

> On a serious note, my thief Daredevil regularly gets her butt handed to her doing the stories in PoF; by the end of every story sequence, her gear is destroyed since she's died at least a dozen times or more, often instantly... and I do mean instantly. And, of course, there's no repair anvil anywhere in the vicinity and the nearest waypoint is miles away...

> What idiot developer creates a solo instance where a character -- at the appropriate level and appropriately geared -- dies immediately on JUST ENTERING an instance, never getting a chance to even use a skill? An ANet developer; that's who...

> The encounters need to be tuned. Badly need to be tuned, not need to be tuned badly -- which is apparently what has happened -- since different classes shouldn't struggle or conversely have an easy time of it. In most games it's caused "balance"; I'm not sure if ANet has ever heard that term before.

Sorry, but the problem is with your playing. I crushed the PoF story on my daredevil. And I'm **by no means** one of those super-players who's soloing t4 fractal bosses.

- Condi Soulbeast with SB/ A+T or even SB/SB was super easy.

- Also scourge condi with all that aoe is super fun and easy. Destroying entire armies and getting healed by dealing damage,being able to give yourself barrier and use epidemic on elites or veterans to shred everything around them.

- Holosmith power was super capable and fun to do everything in pof. Has tons of burst, can pull stuff together, blocks and a lot of utility.

- Firebrand condi seems to be also a good choice but I haven't done every mission with it yet. But it has also tons of support and utility and can dish out good burst aoe dmg.

- Perma evade condi mirage was also not too bad but the recent patch could've changed that entirely, idk.

I didn't enjoy weaver, deadeye, spellbreaker, renegade. I couldn't even complete some of the hero points in pof with these specs that were laughably easy on the other elite specs. It IS certainly the case that I have not a clue how to play them properly but I just didn't want to spend the time to get to know them better.

Non PoF specs I would feel very comfortable playing through PoF content would be:

- Every condition ranger build (druid, core)

- Power Reaper

- Power Dragonhunter

• 3 weeks later...

I did it with my zerker deadeye using rifle and dagger dagger (can't help it I love my sai) it wasn't easy by any means but it was difficult enough to be enjoyable. In the middle of rolling over it with my scourge a/wh & staff only using the elite minion and the cloud 1 as I don't like them, also suffering terribly trying to do it with a dh.