My opinion about raids

> @"Regn.1924" said:

> This isn't the first time ANet has deployed a steep learning curve that you need to learn before you even get to start at the beginning of the curve. Imagine my surprise when I entered a story mode dungeon years ago, thinking it was story mode, as in prior to a higher level of difficulty. Back then people could more easily read your achievement points, and if you had below x achievement points they would deny you entry. Many classes were also alienated from joining dungeon groups due to group-setup favoritism/elitism.

Nah, it was always easy to find a group for any dungeon content. Some groups chose to be exclusionary, but plenty didn't care. I don't recall ever actually being kicked from a group for "check" reasons, but I knew well enough to not join groups that advertised limits.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Regn.1924" said:

> This isn't the first time ANet has deployed a steep learning curve that you need to learn before you even get to start at the beginning of the curve. Imagine my surprise when I entered a story mode dungeon years ago, thinking it was story mode, as in prior to a higher level of difficulty. Back then people could more easily read your achievement points, and if you had below x achievement points they would deny you entry. Many classes were also alienated from joining dungeon groups due to group-setup favoritism/elitism.

They weren't. Yes, there were elitist groups, but for each one there were a few open ones. It's just you usually seen the former in LFG, because the latter ones filled up much faster. And it was so because (as opposed to raid situation now), the "all welcome" groups had practically the same chance of completing said dungeon. At worst it was taking them longer.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > >

> > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > >

> > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > >

> > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > >

> > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> >

> > And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

>

> Yeah it is.

It's a matter of priorities. To you, it's the color what matters. To me, it's the way the car handles, to someone else it is how it accelerates in a straight line. Usually all factors play at least some part, but their importance varies from person to person. So it has always been a fallacy to say "if you wanted a challenge you wouldn't play GW2". You cannot know what drew a particular player to GW2. Maybe it was the scenery, maybe it was the story, maybe it was WvW. Or maybe it was raids, because they happened to provide *just* the right level of challenge. It's all personal.

What you *can* know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it. Naturally, that means they see a reason to have it, and they see it as successful. They're not trying to answer the question "why would a raider play GW2". They're looking at the bigger picture and they're seeing players who would play raids in GW2. And they're right. We're here.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> I've asked before, but in which of those can I find Sabetha or Xera, and what is the method in those modes for unlocking Envoy skins?

What Wing offers me a Legendary Backpack and Legendary Weapons?

> Fine to most of that, but LI is currently necessary for Envoy armor. I'd be fine if the easy mode method of unlocking it didn't involve LI though.

Since easy mode raids shouldn't give achievements, LI doesn't matter anyway.

> If people want to join a raiding guild, that's fine, but if they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to. Even if I were to join one, would that guarantee that they would be >available to raid whenever I logged in, or would the more likely scenario be that I would need to make myself available at a specific time if I wanted to raid? That's not a >burden that every player is comfortable with.

In that case you have to rely on pugs. If people don't wanna join a guild, they have to deal with it. That is a self-made problem.

> Your experience is not typical.

Why? Only because i kill bosses with pugs while others dont?

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

> >

> > Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

> >

> > With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an *alternate* way to get these things, say an *easy mode* version of them, then I would have no reason to have *anything* to say about how the normal mode version works.

> >

> > >Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

> >

> > I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain *why* I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the *opportunity* to play well, but without *requiring* that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

> >

> I can respect this butcher, thanks for going into detail on your views.

>

I would like to know what you respect. I guess it is this post right?

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > Butcher did clarify that he plays more then just raids, which is why I threw the question out to him in the first place, because I whole thing seemed odd to me.

>

> I play mostly raids and fractals. Sometimes when i feel like like it i go dragonstand, or i go hunt some masteries.... That doesnt mean i wouldnt quit if there was no raids because 1 hour every 2 weeks (maximum) is not enough to keep me playing.

> @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

>What Wing offers me a Legendary Backpack and Legendary Weapons?

I don't know, I don't raid, so most of what I know is from videos and the wiki. My guess it none of them, but ideally there *would* be paths to earn those items through raiding, like you could purchase portions of the requirements using mangetite and/or LI. The more methods, the better.

>Since easy mode raids shouldn't give achievements, LI doesn't matter anyway.

Right, the method for unlocking the Envoy armor would need a number of alternate steps. In another thread we were discussing making it so that *Perfected* Envoy armor would be available to both modes, but *Experimental* Envoy armor would be limited to normal difficulty only. That would actually make sense, as that set's the one attached directly to boss kills. Easy mode would skip that step and just have a different process (which would take as long or more likely longer to complete) that would skip you straight to the Refined Armor step.

>In that case you have to rely on pugs. If people don't wanna join a guild, they have to deal with it. That is a self-made problem.

It's a self-made choice in response to the design decisions ANet made about the content. None of the options are good ones, that's my point. I would like them to add more options for how to play them, so that I can choose the *best* option, rather than the "least bad" option.

>Why? Only because i kill bosses with pugs while others dont?

Yes. That.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > >Why? Only because i kill bosses with pugs while others dont?

> >

> > Yes. That.

>

> Others do a lot of stuff I don't. I fail to see a problem.

That's ok, so long as you have empathy for people who are different than you.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > >Why? Only because i kill bosses with pugs while others dont?

> > >

> > > Yes. That.

> >

> > Others do a lot of stuff I don't. I fail to see a problem.

>

> That's ok, so long as you have empathy for people who are different than you.

As long as you're aware having empathy for someone doesn't translate in agreeing with what het says. Or just accepting what he wants.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> I don't know, I don't raid, so most of what I know is from videos and the wiki. My guess it none of them, but ideally there *would* be paths to earn those items through >raiding, like you could purchase portions of the requirements using mangetite and/or LI. The more methods, the better.

Tbh, I don't even want legendary backpacks or weapons through raiding. Anet would require me to play open world anyway. I don't understand why i have to play open world content for a **raid** legendary Armor. Why do i have to play open world for the legendary **fractal** backpack? Raid armor should be solely available through raids. You can add open world stuff as **additional** options to speed it up.

> Right, the method for unlocking the Envoy armor would need a number of alternate steps. In another thread we were discussing making it so that *Perfected* Envoy >armor would be available to both modes, but *Experimental* Envoy armor would be limited to normal difficulty only. That would actually make sense, as that set's the one >attached directly to boss kills. Easy mode would skip that step and just have a different process (which would take as long or more likely longer to complete) that would >skip you straight to the Refined Armor step.

Fair enough.

> It's a self-made choice in response to the design decisions ANet made about the content. None of the options are good ones, that's my point. I would like them to add >more options for how to play them, so that I can choose the *best* option, rather than the "least bad" option.

I don't really know how anet could change that. Auto grouping won't work, given how terrible most pugs in this game are. You also won't see the community shifting away from kp and li requirements.

> @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > I've asked before, but in which of those can I find Sabetha or Xera, and what is the method in those modes for unlocking Envoy skins?

>

> What Wing offers me a Legendary Backpack and Legendary Weapons?

>

Oh you missed it.. it's right there next to the Open World Legendary Armor vendor.

> @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> Ohoni are you EU or NA? If you are EU I'll be happy to take you along for a no stress raid pug, no strings attached, and show you the ropes. It's about time :)

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not looking for special treatment or anything. I want a solution that works out for *all* the players in my boat. I'm aware of how the raids work, I just don't think they work for everyone that they could.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > >

> > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > >

> > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > >

> > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > >

> > > And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

> >

> > Yeah it is.

>

> What you *can* know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it.

And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > >

> > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > >

> > > > And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

> > >

> > > Yeah it is.

> >

> > What you *can* know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it.

>

> And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

>

>

First off, everything legendary is niche.

Second, every piece of content has an exclusive reward. Raids are no exception.

Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.

And last but not least, just yesterday I *pugged* Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > > >

> > > > > And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

> > > >

> > > > Yeah it is.

> > >

> > > What you *can* know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it.

> >

> > And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

> >

> >

>

> First off, everything legendary is niche.

> Second, every piece of content has an exclusive reward. Raids are no exception.

> Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.

> And last but not least, just yesterday I *pugged* Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

Oh, I already have Legendary Armor,I’m not complaining because I don’t want to do the work, I did the work. I think there is a major flaw in their thinking. I’m not saying that Raids shouldn’t get rewards, they should, but if Anet is saying Raids aren’t for everyone then they need to design a set of Legendary Armor that is for the rest of them.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> > Ohoni are you EU or NA? If you are EU I'll be happy to take you along for a no stress raid pug, no strings attached, and show you the ropes. It's about time :)

>

> I appreciate the offer, but I'm not looking for special treatment or anything. I want a solution that works out for *all* the players in my boat. I'm aware of how the raids work, I just don't think they work for everyone that they could.

It's not special treatment, there are many raid training initiatives that do exactly what I offered you. Everyone can join those, they have no join restrictions and are usually open discords.

Idk why some people are complaining about how hard it is to get the leg armor. I started raiding with the attitude "Let's work on my leg armor!" ~5 months back. And here I am and I only have 17 days left untill i have the full set. And if i would have made a proper plan, I would have been finished 2 month ago and didnt have to still collect provisioners token at the end :).

If you dont have some stamina I dont recommend to go for it.

Anet want raids to be hard and they intentionally put the leg armor behind those. So they wont provide an easy way to get those like "easy mode raids with rewards". And if you dont want the skins you can still go for wvw or pvp.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah it is.

> > > >

> > > > What you *can* know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it.

> > >

> > > And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > First off, everything legendary is niche.

> > Second, every piece of content has an exclusive reward. Raids are no exception.

> > Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.

> > And last but not least, just yesterday I *pugged* Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

>

> Oh, I already have Legendary Armor,I’m not complaining because I don’t want to do the work, I did the work. I think there is a major flaw in their thinking. I’m not saying that Raids shouldn’t get rewards, they should, but if Anet is saying Raids aren’t for everyone then they need to design a set of Legendary Armor that is for the rest of them.

>

They did, two sets of those.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

> >

> >

>

> First off, everything legendary is niche.

Yes. The problem is, that's a _different_ niche.

> Second, every piece of content has an exclusive reward. Raids are no exception.

Sure. They have exclusive rewards comparable to exclusive rewards in other content. They **also** have the Legendary Armor. Which happens to be on only the only PvE legendary armor, but also the only legendary armor with an actual skin, and the only transforming armor set in the game.

If raids really were no exception worth mentioning, we _wouldn't_ be mentioning that.

> Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.

Ah, you see, even if you can pick your poison, it's still _poison_.

> And last but not least, just yesterday I *pugged* Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

And? It's not like your anegdotal story changes or refutes any of the abovementioned points.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > First off, everything legendary is niche.

> Yes. The problem is, that's a _different_ niche.

> > Second, every piece of content has an exclusive reward. Raids are no exception.

> Sure. They have exclusive rewards comparable to exclusive rewards in other content. They **also** have the Legendary Armor. Which happens to be on only the only PvE legendary armor, but also the only legendary armor with an actual skin, and the only transforming armor set in the game.

> If raids really were no exception worth mentioning, we _wouldn't_ be mentioning that.

>

> > Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.

> Ah, you see, even if you can pick your poison, it's still _poison_.

>

> > And last but not least, just yesterday I *pugged* Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

> And? It's not like your anegdotal story changes or refutes any of the abovementioned points.

>

>

Is ad infinitum only legendary backpack?

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I *love* how it drives. Still perplexing?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah it is.

> > > > >

> > > > > What you *can* know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it.

> > > >

> > > > And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > First off, everything legendary is niche.

> > > Second, every piece of content has an exclusive reward. Raids are no exception.

> > > Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.

> > > And last but not least, just yesterday I *pugged* Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

> >

> > Oh, I already have Legendary Armor,I’m not complaining because I don’t want to do the work, I did the work. I think there is a major flaw in their thinking. I’m not saying that Raids shouldn’t get rewards, they should, but if Anet is saying Raids aren’t for everyone then they need to design a set of Legendary Armor that is for the rest of them.

> >

>

> They did, two sets of those.

Yes for PVP and WVW, which are an excellent addition by the way.

A gen 1 Legendary Weapon takes gold, some map completion, a bit of WvW and dungeon tokens, as well as karma for obey shards. How is this comparable to raiding?

What about PVE armor for those who don’t since the devs went out of their way to create content “Not for everyone.”, which fine, then put in Legendary Armor that’s for everyone.

I get the sense that if Anet releases another set for non raids, that this would somehow hurt raids for some reason.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> I get the sense that if Anet releases another set for non raids, that this would somehow hurt raids for some reason.

It wouldn't hurt Raids as a whole, Hall of Chains doesn't have Legendary Armor either.

What it could hurt is Heart of Thorns sales and Forsaken Thicket / Bastion of the Penitent runs.

Remember that Envoy Armor is exclusive to that expansion unlike the PVP and WVW Legendary Armors that are available for everyone.

Maybe they want to keep Legendary Armor acquisition behind their first expansion to boost its sales, at the very least Envoy armor skin will most likely remain a Heart of Thorns exclusive, I don't see other expansion skins available outside their respective expansions, even the reward tracks require expansion purchase.

The best way would be to add a new Legendary Armor skin in the next expansion, or through LS3, so as not to undermine Heart of Thorns.