New to Revenant - OW Build?

TheAgedGnome.7520

After years of dedication to my necro, I'm playing around in the trial lvl 80 boost of a Revenant and finding it rather fun. I know Revenants are not the best profession, but then again I've always been Necro (power necro mostly), so I'm used to it.

Any recommendations for open-world PVE builds? Doesn't have to be ZOMGMETAMETABBQ - I'm casual and I prefer something with survivability and flexibility to solo or join events.

Also, I wouldn't recommend springing for the expensive runes, food, or strict armor demands. Raid builds lean too heavily toward optimal set ups, which includes an entire team to cover down your weaknesses, so its not really worth shooting for max duration or optimal rotations. The one down shot of this is Exotic vipers is kind dumb unless you're using choosy armor you get for free..... but Vipers is (intentionally) the rarest HOT stat to get by normal rewards. So odds are unless you WvW or Fractal to get armor boxes for cheap, you'll end up wanting to make a Asc Viper armor set. On the plus side, you can import it to Condi Warrior later on; so the cost isn't a total dead end.

While Viper's is ideal for a condi setup, it's not a necessity to make the build work. You can start out with Carrion gear, using 4 Nightmare and 2 Trapper Runes to augment your condition duration. Pick the middle line of the Corruption trait line and bounce on enemies with Unyielding Anguish, and clean up with a few bonks to their heads.

To add to what they said, if you're playing Condi Renegade solo, you should take invocation instead of devastation... 99.9% of all open world deaths are due to losing control of your character and the free-no-energy stunbreak saves lives (as does the cleanse.)

> @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> While Viper's is ideal for a condi setup, it's not a necessity to make the build work. You can start out with Carrion gear, using 4 Nightmare and 2 Trapper Runes to augment your condition duration. Pick the middle line of the Corruption trait line and bounce on enemies with Unyielding Anguish, and clean up with a few bonks to their heads.

I will be starting out with core Rev and I have with no ability to craft Ascended heavy armor right now, so using Carrion exotics makes sense.

Condi is not easy to play on OW setup.

I would advise you with power Sword- sword + hammer

Then you can get ,: devastation + invocation + :

* Herald : with shiro - brill ... Give you the perma swiftness and easy heal while being pressured by too many mobs. Easier to play but less dps.

* Renegade : with shiro - jalis .... Gives more dmg, self easy might stacking and quite decent survivability : exploit all the dps potential of the power stats for the revenant class.

The more I look at core Rev, except for Mace/Axe, the remaining weapons are primarily power-based, not condi-based. Maybe that is why in the trial I am given Soldiers gear.

Well, here's a build roughly based off of y'all's advice, but not sure if its viable. I really like Jade Winds, but I guess Demon makes more sense for mace/axe:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS5nnXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrklTFhN5zrpBO8QNTnTA-jBDBQBNR5HAuAAxSJ4zOIAbZfgA8AAshmB0twQDM/lCdAWV9nQcEAIFwdrBA-e

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> Condi is not easy to play on OW setup.

>

> I would advise you with power Sword- sword + hammer

> Then you can get ,: devastation + invocation + :

> * Herald : with shiro - brill ... Give you the perma swiftness and easy heal while being pressured by too many mobs. Easier to play but less dps.

> * Renegade : with shiro - jalis .... Gives more dmg, self easy might stacking and quite decent survivability : exploit all the dps potential of the power stats for the revenant class.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> you would honestly be better off taking devastation instead of demon, and going sword/sword over mace/axe

Ok, sword/sword + hammer. So then, a power build.