Have 2 level 80 boosts....what classes?

Have a level 80 Mesmer.

Kind of trying to diversify armor types. Have always in the past rolled dps style warriors. Dual wielding seeker types. So I’ll probably use 1 for warrior.

For the second boost I’m torn between Necro, Rev, ranger and engineer. I’ll always do a bit of everything. PvP open world, dungeons and raids....so what class will provide a more unique style to warrior/Mesmer?

Necro/Ranger for open world PvE both have minions and can tank any type of mobs. Druid is good if you want to play support (but that is harder and more demanding). Engineer holosmith is good, but play-style is somewhat like warrior. Revanent has baked in selection of skills and is kinda boring to play.

> @"piitb.7635" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > All classes are very unique so pick whatever you like the most.

>

> Don’t really have too much time to play around and experiment to see what is more unique then the archetypes I already have.

You don't have time to make a new character, and take them into the PvP lobby to mess around with them for a few minutes? It is all playing a game, what is so important at level 80 that you can't test a few classes?

> @"piitb.7635" said:

> Have a level 80 Mesmer.

>

> Kind of trying to diversify armor types. Have always in the past rolled dps style warriors. Dual wielding seeker types. So I’ll probably use 1 for warrior.

>

> For the second boost I’m torn between Necro, Rev, ranger and engineer. I’ll always do a bit of everything. PvP open world, dungeons and raids....so what class will provide a more unique style to warrior/Mesmer?

Don't use the level 80 boosters. Start from level 1 and learn the professions you like playing. You're basically skipping content that it's worthy of playing and learning with your profession.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"piitb.7635" said:

> > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > All classes are very unique so pick whatever you like the most.

> >

> > Don’t really have too much time to play around and experiment to see what is more unique then the archetypes I already have.

>

> You don't have time to make a new character, and take them into the PvP lobby to mess around with them for a few minutes? It is all playing a game, what is so important at level 80 that you can't test a few classes?

Tried this with elementalist and thief and a bit of ranger.

Lack of survivability while getting zerged by opposing teams while teammates do random things that random pugs do doesnt really give me a feel for the classes.

Don't boost to Level 80 unless you know the profession and their gameplay/weapon/skill mechanics already. The normal leveling is there for a reason: to familiarize yourself with the gameplay.

I can understand the appeal of skipping it all, but the last thing you want is being clueless with a high-level character. However, if you know the gameplay or making a second character of the same profession: go ahead.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> None, learn how to play the class with leveling up. Also 80 boosters let you try the class in silver wastes before making the boost permanent

I was initially going to do elementalist with one of my boosts.

But due to the huge plethora of skills and dancing between attunements I have adopted this mentally with this specific class and I was going to start with the base level and level as per normal

If you have leveled up at least one character the slow way use the boosts. My recommendation is to level up all 9 the slow way and use boosts for whatever was the most painful though. With me it was a no-brainer for a mesmer although you already have one. The second boost I used on a ranger, not because it was painful though, simply because I wanted another ranger. I would probably pick a guardian next just because my existing one is the least fun of my entire menagerie.

> @"piitb.7635" said:

> For the second boost I’m torn between Necro, Rev, ranger and engineer.

Of these the Rev is (in my experience) often the most painful to level. Necro and Ranger are breeze to solo to 80.

I wouldn't boost an engineer, this is the one class of the four I really feel really needs to be levelled organically to understand. While you could easily boost to 80 and go Holosmith and do fine, understanding the kits takes a bit of practice in my experience.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"piitb.7635" said:

> > For the second boost I’m torn between Necro, Rev, ranger and engineer.

>

> Of these the Rev is (in my experience) often the most painful to level. Necro and Ranger are breeze to solo to 80.

> I wouldn't boost an engineer, this is the one class of the four I really feel really needs to be levelled organically to understand. While you could easily boost to 80 and go Holosmith and do fine, understanding the kits takes a bit of practice in my experience.

>

>

I was kind of thinking that with engi, along the same lines as elementalist. It’s such a weird class that has some quirks. Be hard to understand it fully if I popped to80

> @"piitb.7635" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > All classes are very unique so pick whatever you like the most.

>

> Don’t really have too much time to play around and experiment to see what is more unique then the archetypes I already have.

Theres no other practical option though. Youtube tutorials tend to not do most classes and especs justice, due to nearly all of them being substantially different, if not unique in style from others. Theres no good frame of reference to explain a warrior to a non-warrior player... and that class is the most mechanically straight forward in the game. Its something you have to fight as, or at least fight against, in order to gain an understanding for.

Theres also a problem where classes that are hard to level also benefits the most to aclimate via leveling. The only 2 exceptions being Rev, due to espec being integral to its buildcraft, and daredevil not needing stealth to be in competent in pve.

I wouldn't waste a boost if you pvp regularly, as that mode can let you try a class out with no commitment.

> @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> If you don't know which class to use the booster on, you shouldn't use the booster at all. At least that's my opinion.

> I used the booster on a thief because I HATED the leveling process with that class.

This. I've heard mesmer is awful to level, so that could be an option.

Guardian is my favorite class for PvE.

Revenant is pretty diverse, but not the greatest at any one thing.

Warriors are always a good choice, wanted in both PvE and PvP, high health, diverse weapon choices.

Engineer is a well rounded class as well with their kits. Both of their elite specs are pretty fun, too.

Necro is great in OW and PvP, but not the most sought after for PvE.

Edit: Sorry, forgot you already has a mesmer.