Update on instance creation failure

@Mo and all other A-net employee's

PoF is so much better then Core GW2 and HoT, I’m enjoying this expansion a lot, You guys have all done great jobs and should be proud of yourselves.

The story is immersive (no spoilers please as some of us, myself included, haven’t finished it yet) the Cut scenes are good. The landscapes beautiful, the funny dialogues, the mounts are smooth (ignoring a few bugs here).

There are indeed a lot of bugs, crashes and other performance issues, some of which are blocking progress. We get fix after fix, but for some of us (or maybe for a lot, it’s hard to tell the percentage of player’s affected) it hasn’t solved a whole lot.

However, having said that, most of us (I hope) do understand that with the launch of a new MMORPG or an expansion thereof, bugs and other issues are to be expected (perhaps not this many, but hey, shit happens), more so then say with an FPS,TPS offline RPG or RTS game.

We do really appreciate you guys working all weekend to try and tackle these issues, it is both frustrating for you as it is to us. I do feel like you get to much criticism and negative comments coming your way, and don’t get show enough appreciation, but I guess that’s the way things go.

Keep up the good work Anet (and anyone else involved), see u in-game!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be lying if I said the connectivity/instance creation issues hadn't impacted my experience but that doesn't take one bit from what a fantastic expansion PoF is.

When game devs say they listen to community feedback, it's usually hogwash uttered to keep customers content and in a spending mood. PoF though shows an overwhelming number of "learned lessons" from vanilla, HoT and living story, in terms of narration, story and map design and map mechanics.

Genuinely, deeply love it.

> @"Mike O Brien.4613" said:

> Hi all,

>

> We hope you’re enjoying the launch of _Path of Fire_. We’ve been in the game with you this weekend, but also, tracking down and hot-fixing the launch issues that have come up. In particular we’ve been working on the connection and story instance creation problems that have been cropping up during peak hours in Europe. I’m writing to give an update on that.

>

> We quickly identified a root problem, a network connectivity issue between a group of game servers and their character database servers, but as we reconfigured the datacenter to avoid that problem, we introduced a configuration error. Now we’ve tracked down that second error. We believe the issue is resolved, but we can’t know for sure until tomorrow’s peak hours. In the meantime, thank you for bearing with us through this, and know that we’re watching closely and ready to jump in if anything else goes wrong.

>

> Mo

Just a clarification: you know that Story Instance Creation problems are happening on U.S. servers as well, right? On Saturday I was partied with a guildie and we couldn't get into the story that goes through the portal that goes North (can't remember the name right off). Both of us tried to open the instance and got a story instance creation error. We relogged the entire game and still couldn't get in. Had to give up on the story on our main game play day.

I'm not going to thank you or anyone else until I can play for at least 30 minutes without crashing, the game is unplayble and completely broken and it it only indicates the lack of professionalism.

I can understand the first 2 days of DCing due to server flood and rollbacks but COOOME ONNNN I play while rata sum is almost empty with maybe 5 people in it and the game still crash with the same bs message that says that my router sucks or my imaginary anti virus is fucking up the whole client or whatever.

Starting to dobut my loyality to this game or you and I lost any desire to play PoF I'm starting to give up.

This is disgraceful and unacceptable and I'm saying this as your customer who spent more than 2k dollars into supporting you over the years.

Seriously if you can't fix the problems hire people who can because it appears the game become more and more broken on each update.

> @InvaGir.9158 said:

> I'm not going to thank you or anyone else until I can play for at least 30 minutes without crashing, the game is unplayble and completely broken and it it only indicates the lack of professionalism.

> I can understand the first 2 days of DCing due to server flood and rollbacks but COOOME ONNNN I play while rata sum is almost empty with maybe 5 people in it and the game still crash with the same bs message that says that my router kitten or my imaginary anti virus is kitten up the whole client or whatever.

>

> Starting to dobut my loyality to this game or you and I lost any desire to play PoF I'm starting to give up.

> This is disgraceful and unacceptable and I'm saying this as your customer who spent more than 2k dollars into supporting you over the years.

> Seriously if you can't fix the problems hire people who can because it appears the game become more and more broken on each update.

I have to agree that something seems to be getting worse and worse. When I started GW2 at beta I was one of the people who never had any problems. With HoT there were rollbacks and I started getting DCs, and now in PoF it is DCs AND the instance creation errors.

Just wanted to say whats already been said, great game by an amazing and dedicated dev team. Loving every second of the expansion so far great work guys know that most of appreciate it . One thing im still amazed at is how no matter what happens bug fixes or any update even expansions the servers dont go down its very welcome and awesome to see so much innovation in all the right places.

> @"My Attack Will Kill.7816" said:

> your game is still broken again 2 disconnects in a VERY long story step i give up with this crap.

why so mad bro, is this your first MMO xpac launch or something , if this frustrates you im glad you dont play final fnatasy 14 google what happend to their instances durring stormbloods launch and see what they did to fix it ....NOTHING.

> @"Mass Pandemic.3517" said:

> > @"My Attack Will Kill.7816" said:

> > your game is still broken again 2 disconnects in a VERY long story step i give up with this crap.

>

> why so mad bro, is this your first MMO xpac launch or something , if this frustrates you im glad you dont play final fnatasy 14 google what happend to their instances durring stormbloods launch and see what they did to fix it ....NOTHING.

We paid for this expansion. Just because other games have similar or worse problems doesn't make it OK. If you get a cockroach in your restaurant salad would you like someone to say "Don't complain, at least it wasn't a dead mouse like someone got at this other restaurant!"? No, it would still be terrible and worth complaining about.