Keep No Downed State with This Change

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> How about you let it play through the week when things get T3 and loaded with acs before claiming it should stay?

>

> Okkie. D:

Not everything can be T3, but right now pretty much the EB keeps are T3.

Why do people keep on bringing up AC with no reason whatsoever. AC's have not changed. If you die by it you would have died before from the same damage.

> @"Specialka.7290" said:

> Git gud I guess. That is why you like mindless blob vs mindless blob/

I actually solo roam, party roam and zerg. The experience of wvw is dynamic if you play it right, downed state/rally is part of that dynamic.

I'm not gonna feed the troll insult, legit players usually ignore you after "git gud" now go back to your basement, mom will have lunch ready soon

I quite like the no-downstate change, fights feel more savage, and you can claim more victories out of unfavorable situations (outnumbered), something you cannot do with the downstate and the fast revives being all around usually. I suppose that players who are used to play glass cannons (like I do) won't find much a difference in the end, except a better opportunity to shine, while players having more conservative builds must feel a bit choked :)

One thing I miss though, is the loot - I tag less enemies in a zerg. This is somehow compensated by the increased rewards, thanks for that. Anyway, I would love if they could keep the no-downstate in a certain form (I really enjoy it A LOT), either a week per month, or a map out of the 4, and so on. And of course, there's EOTM which they could try and revitalize, although they'd bleed current WvW more doing that.

> @"Elegie.3620" said:

> I quite like the no-downstate change, fights feel more savage, and you can claim more victories out of unfavorable situations (outnumbered), something you cannot do with the downstate and the fast revives being all around usually. I suppose that players who are used to play glass cannons (like I do) won't find much a difference in the end, except a better opportunity to shine, while players having more conservative builds must feel a bit choked :)

>

> One thing I miss though, is the loot - I tag less enemies in a zerg. This is somehow compensated by the increased rewards, thanks for that. Anyway, I would love if they could keep the no-downstate in a certain form (I really enjoy it A LOT), either a week per month, or a map out of the 4, and so on. And of course, there's EOTM which they could try and revitalize, although they'd bleed current WvW more doing that.

Can we do an event where your main's unique mechanic is disabled too?

Just your main class though, nobody else's.

> @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > How about you let it play through the week when things get T3 and loaded with acs before claiming it should stay?

> >

> > Okkie. D:

>

> Not everything can be T3, but right now pretty much the EB keeps are T3.

> Why do people keep on bringing up AC with no reason whatsoever. AC's have not changed. If you die by it you would have died before from the same damage.

Regardless of how you feel about the AC. Let. It. Play. Out. The. Full. Week.

After a day or two doesn't mean it's the best change (it's not in my opinion given how many other things need to be changed to compensate).

Last night was the most boring reset night I think I've ever seen. Besides being in garbo T4, it was almost impossible to get any fights. on Mag BL The other servers were pretty much playing "dodge Mag", almost never engaging in fights, and just running. I blame this mostly on them being scared of getting deleted in combat. And judging by the war score(13K) at the end of the first skirmish, this held true on the other maps as well. No downstate turned reset into ktrain snoozefest.

No downed state is actually terrible, open your eyes guys acs are even stronger and taking t3 anything is a pain. BTW to the mag guy saying hes walking over zergs outnumbered its cause ur in t4 and walking over zergs outnumbered in that tier is easy as they seem to wipe by a organized group looking at them funny. so unless you love siege and camp acs this is an overall bad change to the game.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > Was winning a lot of outnumbered fights last night on the red bl with our closed raid. Downstate made it hard to win outnumbered so I love this change.

>

> True skill wins outnumbered even with downstate.

Outman buff took out server with map queued try to do that with downstate, end of discussion.

> @"Limodriver.4106" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > Was winning a lot of outnumbered fights last night on the red bl with our closed raid. Downstate made it hard to win outnumbered so I love this change.

> >

> > True skill wins outnumbered even with downstate.

>

> Outman buff took out server with map queued try to do that with downstate, end of discussion.

Guess you've never won an outnumbered fight then :), end of discussion XD

Not having downstate is making wvw fun and exciting rather than pressing 1 button and going forward. With that said, I wouldn't mind them changing downstate to be super slow to revive when people are healing you. As it stands now, you revive way too quick that it doesn't feel punishing enough.

> @"Zefrost.3425" said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > If they remove it and keep the game as it was, it'd be one of the biggest mistakes Anet has ever made with gw2.

> >

> > I was skeptical about it before i played reset last night, however it was pretty dam fun lord room fights as a Weaver is pretty intense to say the least, What's your reason to why it would be a mistake?

>

> Because currently, GW2 is highly successful and bringing in many new players. Why change what isn't broken? Jagex did that with EoC and destroyed runescape (though OSRS has brought it back) I know I would quit if downstate was gone.

>

> Downstate adds a sense of urgency or panic and introduces a whole new skillset when someone goes down in a fight. Bad players will try to res the downed without being intelligent about it which lets you kill more players with AOE, for example.

Actually outnumbered fights are more fun and fair now with no downstate, I killed 2 scourges solo before, I killed one and I didn't have to worry about his stupid broken downed state or being ressed by a stupid npc death, so I immediately focused the other guy killing him as well. Sometimes you are in a 1vs2 and you down one guy, and the other guy unless its a thief will get the ress 9 times out of 10 and then they win, that's not fair, it's stupid and frustrating when happens.

Nothing for mag to brag about here, it's the bottom tier for a reason, like shooting fish in a barrel, they were going to win those fights regardless of this event. Going up to t2 this week and beating up the "alliance" would have been impressive. How low the mighty "fight" server has fallen.

> @"Zefrost.3425" said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > If they remove it and keep the game as it was, it'd be one of the biggest mistakes Anet has ever made with gw2.

> >

> > I was skeptical about it before i played reset last night, however it was pretty dam fun lord room fights as a Weaver is pretty intense to say the least, What's your reason to why it would be a mistake?

>

> Why change what isn't broken?

WvW is broken, and has been since launch. There's a reason the devs are frequently accused of giving it less support than the other game modes, it doesn't meet their expectations and never has, and attracts a matching amount of players.

It was supposed to be epic scale combat that would put players in the boots of a soldier in a massive fantasy warscape, like stepping into The Battle for Helms Deep or The Five Armies. Instead we get this game mode that looks like a grade school cafeteria fight; two groups of gangly awkward bodies windmilling their arms around and winging lunch trays into the distance with their eyes closed hoping in the blind chaos their flailing connects with something. Combat completely lacks clarity, which means you can't exercise any type of tactics and only the most basic strategy; and any sense of epic scale is ruined as players fit 100 bodies into a 4x4 foot area and stack 16 pieces of siege equipment on top of each other. In the end, it's just an incredibly shallow game mode that doesn't fulfill its fantasy.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of WvW, and have avoided it for years now. It was one of the things that most excited me about GW2 pre launch, and was one of my biggest disappointments post launch. And today and yesterday are probably the largest amount I've played it in two or more years, and so far as I can tell everything that that makes WvW "broken", is still there, so in a way you're right.

But that having been said, this change has two interesting side effects from when I last played.

First, fights are shorter, and objectives change hands more often, WvW has always been slow and the increased pace appeals to a lot of people.

Second, far more fights have a real, concrete, satisfying _conclusion_. There's no more petering off as people get revived and then die and then get revived again, and both sides can't tell what's going on, are we winning, are we losing, do we stay at spawn or run back, or this, or that, or the other thing; it's exhausting, confusing, and anticlimactic. A good encounter should always have a conclusion, instead of just when you steamroll or get steamrolled. And however inelegant removing the down state may be, it did the trick, and while I don't think that necessarily means that downstate needs to remain removed, getting standard WvW to where winning battles feels that way is certainly something the devs should consider, be it by this change or another.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Nothing for mag to brag about here, it's the bottom tier for a reason, like shooting fish in a barrel, they were going to win those fights regardless of this event. Going up to t2 this week and beating up the "alliance" would have been impressive. How low the mighty "fight" server has fallen.

They barely came out of the keep after Monday...they were deliberately tiering down imo.

> @"Kilamanjaro.2705" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > Nothing for mag to brag about here, it's the bottom tier for a reason, like shooting fish in a barrel, they were going to win those fights regardless of this event. Going up to t2 this week and beating up the "alliance" would have been impressive. How low the mighty "fight" server has fallen.

>

> They barely came out of the keep after Monday...they were deliberately tiering down imo.

Dunno what keep you were watching, but this has been explained multiple times, not going to do it again.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > Was winning a lot of outnumbered fights last night on the red bl with our closed raid. Downstate made it hard to win outnumbered so I love this change.

>

> True skill wins outnumbered even with downstate.

ya, ok there pal. In a 22 vs 60 how can you finish 20 downs when you have 40 other guys pushing you? You have no clue what you're talking about.

> @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> I would completly remove downstate in PvP and WvW at least. It requires a lot of work for traits and skills (Warri elite banner, traits that play around downstate or being downed, etc) but the game feels much smoother and quicker.

No the WvW feels terrible atm

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > Was winning a lot of outnumbered fights last night on the red bl with our closed raid. Downstate made it hard to win outnumbered so I love this change.

> >

> > True skill wins outnumbered even with downstate.

>

> ya, ok there pal. In a 22 vs 60 how can you finish 20 downs when you have 40 other guys pushing you? You have no clue what you're talking about.

10 times out of 5 people in WvW can't count anyway due to the illusion created by long title names on enemies.

D: