Downstate rewards only one kind of player

Nuka Cola.8520

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> ~~It's rewarding to the outnumbered, not the other way around. Downed state often means little to those grossly outnumbered but it means alot to those who have the numbers for both rezing and pushing away a few foes to get that rez.~~

>

> So I may or may not have misread the OP and then continued to confuse myself by typing half one opinion and half the other opinion. I'm not really sure how anyone who comprehended what I said didn't catch this and yet still upvoted and put helpful on my comment lol.

>

> What I meant to say is that downed state is primarily carry for those who have favorable numbers and those who have fewer numbers tend to not get as much utility out of downed state. I'm not saying that downed state is evil, it just needs to be trimmed because when utilized "properly/ideally" it is an interesting mechanic.

>

> Made this vid about a year ago. The thread I made about trimming downed state was not received well on the forums.

>

>

How will go that fight 1v3 if they dont burn time on ressing (and getting cleaved ) ... and just focus on you...

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > ~~It's rewarding to the outnumbered, not the other way around. Downed state often means little to those grossly outnumbered but it means alot to those who have the numbers for both rezing and pushing away a few foes to get that rez.~~

> >

> > So I may or may not have misread the OP and then continued to confuse myself by typing half one opinion and half the other opinion. I'm not really sure how anyone who comprehended what I said didn't catch this and yet still upvoted and put helpful on my comment lol.

> >

> > What I meant to say is that downed state is primarily carry for those who have favorable numbers and those who have fewer numbers tend to not get as much utility out of downed state. I'm not saying that downed state is evil, it just needs to be trimmed because when utilized "properly/ideally" it is an interesting mechanic.

> >

> > Made this vid about a year ago. The thread I made about trimming downed state was not received well on the forums.

> >

> >

>

> How will go that fight 1v3 if they dont burn time on ressing (and getting cleaved ) ... and just focus on you...

One of the warriors vengeanced and slammed into me at the same time the downed state necro feared me. He would have been out of the fight dead long before that.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > ~~It's rewarding to the outnumbered, not the other way around. Downed state often means little to those grossly outnumbered but it means alot to those who have the numbers for both rezing and pushing away a few foes to get that rez.~~

> > >

> > > So I may or may not have misread the OP and then continued to confuse myself by typing half one opinion and half the other opinion. I'm not really sure how anyone who comprehended what I said didn't catch this and yet still upvoted and put helpful on my comment lol.

> > >

> > > What I meant to say is that downed state is primarily carry for those who have favorable numbers and those who have fewer numbers tend to not get as much utility out of downed state. I'm not saying that downed state is evil, it just needs to be trimmed because when utilized "properly/ideally" it is an interesting mechanic.

> > >

> > > Made this vid about a year ago. The thread I made about trimming downed state was not received well on the forums.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > How will go that fight 1v3 if they dont burn time on ressing (and getting cleaved ) ... and just focus on you...

>

> One of the warriors vengeanced and slammed into me at the same time the downed state necro feared me. He would have been out of the fight dead long before that.

At first downed war necro come, dont do anything than ressing downed war... getting cleaved with downed war and almost die (shroud on few % hp) then on war downed 2nd war got downed too ... necro in one moment try ress (well appear) but try to go for you.... wars get vengeance and attacked.... besides that 2nd war was really bad ... also wtf that necro does.... all goes wrong on trying to ress...

If i see strong dps and downed ally.... dont care about ressing.... full dps/cc enemy is the way... always... trying to ress somebody is the best way to die on situations like this :D

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> If you have 20 vs 30 you can now also beat them easier if you play better, because the ones you do get won't get up anymore.

>

> You're wrong

thats not so much ordinary sit.... 20 vs 30 .... its mostly guild vs guild ... pug vs pug .... guild vs pug

so if appear proclaimed situation .. 25 good against pug with comm (35-50) will go with 40 (classic nofull sq) ... with downstate u can handle it by heal ress yours downed.... heavy bombs timed on enemy ressing downeds....

without downstate.... they can just have 5x more scourge and 5 more hammer cor revs bombing randomly... killing few of guild members and you cant do anything.

Also few random longbow soulbeasts, power mirages, d/p dd .... focusing and killing weaklings. I was running closed raid and look exactly like this.

downstate or ressing is not problem... rally is.

won a 3v1 last night (DPS Mirage, Reaper and iirc a hearald). Me and 2 guild mates won a 8v3. It def doesnt better benefit those who outnumber but those that can down, but cannot secure stomp due to numbers (in reality, its actually downstate that rewards outnumbering). As a solo/duo/small scale roamer who enjoys outnumbered fights (where im outnumbered) I love this week and hope to see more of it in the future.

Edit: We were a vanilla guard, a new soulbeast player (who heavily mained warrior and minor ele) and a new-ish Mirage (non meta DPS with no EM or sword)

Downstate only rewards pansies, who are specced to use it as a crutch. Not only you had to deal with broken specs, but afterwards you still had to stomp them. It was always funny to see those super tryhard 5-man havoc parties running two MI FBs and then beating off on Youtube how good and skilled they are, because it was impossible to stomp them. Now, most of the scrubs scared of loosing started to run Spellbreakers to at least extend TTK lol. It must feel really bad to actually be forced to play SB knowing how crap you are lol.

Stomping gets you killed. Rezzing gets you killed.

How many times I've lost outnumbered fights because of stupid downed mechanic... and I'm not talking about rallying off of someone, I'm talking about being knocked down, dazed, immobed, or just it took super long to stomp and in the meantime you ate stuff from player, who actually should have been dead... Now it's straight forward. Outplay one target, done, move onto the next one... they run out of CDs? Sorry, no downstate for you... should have played better. Simple.

Also, ANet can actually save their faces by balancing the game other way than reverting whole Path Of Failure. Rather than saying: "sorry, we were wrong and we will revert all broken crap", they just need to tone down passives.

Reading the rest of your blurb, > @"Hollywood.3490" said:

> Downstate only rewards pansies, who are specced to use it as a crutch. Not only you had to deal with broken specs, but afterwards you still had to stomp them. It was always funny to see those super tryhard 5-man havoc parties running two MI FBs and then beating off on Youtube how good and skilled they are, because it was impossible to stomp them. Now, most of the scrubs scared of loosing started to run Spellbreakers to at least extend TTK lol. It must feel really bad to actually be forced to play SB knowing how crap you are lol.

>

> Stomping gets you killed. Rezzing gets you killed.

>

> How many times I've lost outnumbered fights because of stupid downed mechanic... and I'm not talking about rallying off of someone, I'm talking about being knocked down, dazed, immobed, or just it took super long to stomp and in the meantime you ate stuff from player, who actually should have been dead... Now it's straight forward. Outplay one target, done, move onto the next one... they run out of CDs? Sorry, no downstate for you... should have played better. Simple.

>

> Also, ANet can actually save their faces by balancing the game other way than reverting whole Path Of Failure. Rather than saying: "sorry, we were wrong and we will revert all broken crap", they just need to tone down passives.

Downstate rewards flowers? Interesting.

Reading the rest of your blurb, I can agree that tho who were "grouped up to be unkillable" are now being laughed at and/or running scurred. Feels good from a roamer perspective tho as I can typically down ppl while outnumbered, but cannot secure stomp due to res. Came across a ZvZ the other night where neither were pushing hard. I gave the com an idea (old school strat) and we blew up the other Z with it. Brought a tear to my eye to see it done again.

Ahhh...fantastic.

Maybe there is a solution, as previously mentioned. Remove downstate, but make inst-gibbing impossible by capping HP lost from a single target to 10%-20% per second- would need a lot of skill adjustments and probably boosts to some toons HP, but would mean unless you get jumped by a five man team you will last at least a couple seconds and perhaps be able to use a skill or two.

Instant stealth downs aren't anything but cheese.

Maybe at the same time they will do some balancing and sort out a number of OP builds and in other news, world peace broke out....

Tactics matter significantly more with no downed state. Mistakes in positioning also have devastating results with no downed state. The tighter and more skillful a group of any size plays the better a no downed state system works for them. The OP is correct the downed state is a mechanic that favors numbers over skill compared to not having it.