Insta-kicked from PoF instance edges at Salt Desert during The Sacrifice

Odesseus.1472

Doing The Sacrifice instance where you have to track down Balthazar and the dragon from the Salt Desert, I crossed over the instance edge and the "Return to the instance or you will get kicked" flashed up and then kicked me a half-second later. At first, I thought I probably didn't see it, frustrating because I have to start the instance all over. So I did this, careful to remain within the boundaries, did it again, then this time I skirted the edge of the instance, thought I was safe, but the warning flashed up, and before I could respond, bam, out of the instance. Super frustrating, done with it for the night.

• 5 months later...

Yes, this still happens and it really sux. I was helping a friend do it, having done it already myself. The notice popped up and a split second later, I was kicked with no chance to turn back. This happened 3 times, and of course, you must totally restart the instance. Arggghh

When I did this part I was kicked from the instance in the same manner 4 times if I recall correctly. I was not used to the speed and movement of the raptor at that time, so that added to the difficulty of staying within the boarders of the instance. There really is no need to kick you from the instance, you are not kicked from a map when you swim too far either. You cannot even see a boarder outside the mini map. Stupid design I say.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> Yeah, this has happened to me. When/if I restart it (again), I will skip the optional objective. Pity ANet can't put out either stable instances that work consistently =; or save points so people who inevitably DC don't have to start from scratch.

Since I never been kicked from any instance, they surely do can provide stable instances.

Excelsior.

> @"Lexi.1398" said:

> Ive never even approached the boundaries of the instance across multiple characters even when I tried for killing the elites, where are people going out of bounds? o.o

Most of the issues come about due to being in a party.

This particular "instance" resets the boundaries as mission goals are met. So if you are in a party, and you don't stay together, you can end up being out of bounds and kicked when the boundary lines are redrawn.

With the final fight, if you aren't close enough with the rest of the party, you can be locked outside of the wall for the entire fight, unable to enter. Thankfully, while the game warns you that you are leaving the instance, slobbering your face all over the wall will keep you close enough to keep from getting kicked.

If you end up fighting a mob that has knockback near the boarder line, that mob can knock you out of the instance, literally. This one can effect you solo or party.

This mission has a lot of bad design decisions that have never been resolved and honestly should be very easy to resolve.

• 5 months later...

> @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > @"Lexi.1398" said:

> > Ive never even approached the boundaries of the instance across multiple characters even when I tried for killing the elites, where are people going out of bounds? o.o

>

> Most of the issues come about due to being in a party.

> This particular "instance" resets the boundaries as mission goals are met. So if you are in a party, and you don't stay together, you can end up being out of bounds and kicked when the boundary lines are redrawn.

>

> With the final fight, if you aren't close enough with the rest of the party, you can be locked outside of the wall for the entire fight, unable to enter. Thankfully, while the game warns you that you are leaving the instance, slobbering your face all over the wall will keep you close enough to keep from getting kicked.

>

> If you end up fighting a mob that has knockback near the boarder line, that mob can knock you out of the instance, literally. This one can effect you solo or party.

>

> This mission has a lot of bad design decisions that have never been resolved and honestly should be very easy to resolve.

>

>

>

The changing borders thing made me wonder who at ANet decided to spend time and resources just to give players a worse experience. -_-