Hard Mode in Living World Maps.

I read in another post that one of the problems with LW maps is a lack of replay value. In hard mode those maps could be used as world boss locations.

Those could become new locations for endgame events. We could even include a future dungeon, for example the living world map comes out with the dungeon location on it but it ain't done yet it's for later. They could also be used for new races training.

Please discuss. B)

Hard mode would be less so with the more people that can come into a map instance and I don’t Anet would want to create multiple instances of that size for each player.

You’d also need rewards tied to it to make that mode worth doing and I can guarantee you that there will be players complaining about having to do hard mode to get those rewards.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> I'm not sure I see how living world maps lack replay value. They have currencies to collect both for generating gold as well as purchasing ascended gear, their own set of dailies, storyline elements, and achievements. Istan even has one of the best gold farming metas in the game.

Gold isn't the end all be all for a lot of people.

Ironically, what people actually want is armorsets/weapon sets that are unique. Something that is lacking entirely from GW2 unless there's an expansion and at best we get 4 "armorsets". It would be nice if some of the future development went into making more obtainable items and streamlining the processes for weapon/armor creation so we can continue playing fashion wars.

I think challenge notes and achievements in instances is the right way to go for hard mode. Making a hard mode for open world is a recipe for disaster and toxicity. Imagine a challenge mote version of Amala where random bear bows could fail the encounter because he hit a knockback on something he shouldn't have or not doing any dps because he's in soldiers gear. Failing in itself isn't so bad but when you dont give players some amount of agency over failure and success ie the ability to kick players that aren't cut out for hard mode or the ability to choose who they play with, it creates frustrated players on both sides very quickly. I could see this as a cool addition for something like instanced guild missions though.