Wrong Ranger Pet Issue?

When I created my ranger character I selected Norm female, Bear pet and Bear as my Spirit, however I started with a Jungle Stalker.

I thought maybe in the tutorial section I would have the Jungle Stalker and then it would change to a Bear after. I'm up to level 8 and moved on a bit, but the pet has not changed.

Is this a bug? Do I need to restart my character?

That's an old, old bug. Guess it has re-surfaced. As noted above, you can 'tame' any number of Pets for your Ranger.

You can get an Arctodus (Bear family) here: **Arctodus** _Wayfarer Foothills_ / _Frusenfell Creek_ / _In the cave east of Vendrake's Homestead Waypoint_

You can also contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' to get your Display Name changed from the UNID to an actual name, should you so desire.

Good luck.

That's definitely a bug, you should have gotten the bear pet you chose. I'm not sure how or why it happened, I just tried making a female ranger and picking the bear pet and it didn't get swapped for a stalker. It's especially weird because the stalker isn't one of the norn's starting pets, they can only choose bear, wolf or snow leopard. If you haven't already done it I recommend sending in a bug report to Anet so they're aware of it. (Type /bug into the chat box in-game to bring up the menu.)

If you just want a bear you can tame one - a brown bear like you'd get from character creation is in Gendarren Fields just north of Lion's Arch, or you can find a polar bear in Hoelbrak.

Alternatively if you delete and re-make the character you should start with a bear. Just make sure you put any equipment or items you want to keep in the bank first. (Unless they're soulbound, those won't be usable by your new character even if she has the same name.)

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> You also have the forum name bug that you need to deal with. I believe that is your serial# for the game rather than your chosen name. Get it fixed from support before your account is compromised.

>

No, it's not the serial #. It's definitely a bug, but OP doesn't need to worry about his account being compromised from it.