is there any chance of a return of the 1st gen mount skins? i am looking for starbound.

I'll be very surprised if they never come back, because like Tanner said everything does sooner or later. But there's no way to predict when that will be, and given how unpopular the RNG system was it's possible they may return through a different format. Or Anet may just leave it until they think that's all blown over and re-release them exactly as they were.

O'Brien's most recent quotes indicate that he's trebled down on the original system for the first mountfit licenses. So I'd bet gems (if that were permitted) that (a) they come back regularly and (b) with the same RNG opportunities (and no "preferred" license to choose the one we want for triple the cost). I'd guess (but not enough to put pretend money on it) that they'll do so within a week of one of the upcoming LS episodes, if not this one, then maybe the next.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> O'Brien's most recent quotes indicate that he's trebled down on the original system for the first mountfit licenses. So I'd bet gems (if that were permitted) that (a) they come back regularly and (b) with the same RNG opportunities (and no "preferred" license to choose the one we want for triple the cost). I'd guess (but not enough to put pretend money on it) that they'll do so within a week of one of the upcoming LS episodes, if not this one, then maybe the next.

Biggest thing I would note is that mounts are, like, a signature feature of the expansion, especially with a new one showing up in the next map.

Given that, they are gonna run, IMO, a constant rotation of skins through the store, and given how few skins there are relative to other things, I'd expect to see them all pretty frequently. As the count builds up, and the PoF release gets further into history, it'll take longer for them to return, but people will probably care less about it then.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> Biggest thing I would note is that mounts are, like, a signature feature of the expansion, especially with a new one showing up in the next map.

>

> Given that, they are gonna run, IMO, a constant rotation of skins through the store, and given how few skins there are relative to other things, I'd expect to see them all pretty frequently. As the count builds up, and the PoF release gets further into history, it'll take longer for them to return, but people will probably care less about it then.

That sounds plausible to me, too.

I'm sure we'll also see more themed MountPacks (like "Awakened") and additional MountFit Licenses (which work more like Istani than the originals: fewer overall skins plus a "Select" option for triple cost).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > Biggest thing I would note is that mounts are, like, a signature feature of the expansion, especially with a new one showing up in the next map.

> >

> > Given that, they are gonna run, IMO, a constant rotation of skins through the store, and given how few skins there are relative to other things, I'd expect to see them all pretty frequently. As the count builds up, and the PoF release gets further into history, it'll take longer for them to return, but people will probably care less about it then.

>

> That sounds plausible to me, too.

> I'm sure we'll also see more themed MountPacks (like "Awakened") and additional MountFit Licenses (which work more like Istani than the originals: fewer overall skins plus a "Select" option for triple cost).

I certainly hope they introduce the "pick the one you want" option for all "random" mount selections. I'm certainly more likely to buy those. Just in case ANet are reading this thread and want suggestions. ;)

> @"Zalani.9827" said:

> I still feel that they should combine them into one liscense personally.

> I know it ups the possible drops but at least it would be in the store regularly.

This would be counter to the normal practice for items in the store, so I wouldn't hold my breath. No judgement on what *should* happen, just on what is most likely to happen based on past behaviour.

> @"Zalani.9827" said:

> I still feel that they should combine them into one liscense personally.

>

> I know it ups the possible drops but at least it would be in the store regularly.

I'd rather they didn't, or if they do keep the current options as well. I'm (slowly) saving up to buy all the Istani mounts and I don't want or need all the original ones as well so it'd be annoying if I had to pay 3x the price to choose the ones I want or risk having to buy the entire lot.

I'm already worried the Istani ones will be removed before I have enough gold to get them all.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> I certainly hope they introduce the "pick the one you want" option for all "random" mount selections. I'm certainly more likely to buy those. Just in case ANet are reading this thread and want suggestions. ;)

O'Brien said they won't be doing this for the original licenses, only for future ones.

(Hence why I think he trebled down on the original plan being sound.)

The logic, as I understand it, is that lots of people bought with the understanding that they'd pay 400 gems (or less, if bundled) for a roll at the 30 mountfits. Those folks, O'Brien said, would be rightly upset if the rules changed and you could pay differing amounts to get those mounts.

(Personally, I disagree, since we've all had to accept that ANet makes changes in game which affect the value or utility or perceived benefits to gem shop items, e.g. the Candy Corn Gobbler has been nerfed twice. I'd make the change; I'm not sure why he's dead set against it.)