Prefix Guide

Hi guys.I was going to explore all the classes,making the characters to lv 80 but I had a dubt; right now i'm going with berserker prefix for my warrior for the high damage,but it's has not been so long since I started so I'm just a bit confused about,like what is the best Prefix for every class?

I wouldn't say there is a 'best' Prefix for any given class, since almost all classes can fulfill different roles using different builds. Additionally the builds & recommendations change a lot depending on the content you're playing (open PvE / high end fractals & raids / WvW).

Sites like [metabattle](https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki "metabattle") will usually tell you which kind of gear a certain build requires (though there are often cheaper, but less optimal alternatives).

In general (at least for PvE) the most popular choices are:

- Berserker gear for Power builds

- Viper gear for Condition builds

For support/healing/tank builds you have different choices with Focus on Healing Power and Concentration, the most used ones (as far as I know) are: Harrier, Commander & Minstrel.

I have now idea about WvW meta, but I'm pretty sure they use different things, since full on glass cannon isn't that viable there.

That depends on alot of stuff, like the class, the build and what you want to do. And you don't need to stick to one prefix for all the gear, you can always mix them to create the build you want. That said, if your going for high direct damage on a warrior, berserker gear is good choice - but if you want, you can always add some survivability with marauder stats or even knight, soldier or cavalier.

If your going for a condition build, viper, trailblazer, sinister or rabid stats will be good choices. Healers usually take minstrel, magi or harrier stats. But those prefixes are just examples, though. There's more, but those named are most commonly used.

Marauder, which is Berserker + a bit of Vitality for WvW

Trailblazer for condi

Anything else is trash 80% of the time. There are a few good combinations that you can make yourself, like mixing some Valkyrie in there for even more HP at the cost of Precision.

> @"SoftPlayer.4361" said:

> Hi guys.I was going to explore all the classes,making the characters to lv 80 but I had a dubt; right now i'm going with berserker prefix for my warrior for the high damage,but it's has not been so long since I started so I'm just a bit confused about,like what is the best Prefix for every class?

1. [Available prefixes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations "Available prefixes")

2. [best stats/builds for each profession](https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki "Best stats/builds for each profession")

3. [Players Helping Players subforum](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/players-helping-players "Players Helping Players subforum")

> I'd love to Level up a guardian,considering he's used a lot in every mode.My idea was to build like a tanky,yet with good damage GS/Staff or GS/AxeAxe for every content but still don't know what prefix to use like Forsaken,Soldier or even Sentinel

My advice would be to use Marauder's before Soldier's. If you don't have HoT, go with Valkyrie armor and make up the precision with Assassins trinkets. Soldier's gives up too much DPS for the vitality and toughness. Marauder's and Valkyrie grant you the increased vitality (that works to mitigate both power and condi damage), while still keeping decent amounts of precision and ferocity to help you maintain decent power DPS. I run marauder's on almost all my power builds - even the power reaper is full marauder's.

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > @"SoftPlayer.4361" said:

> > I'd love to Level up a guardian,considering he's used a lot in every mode.My idea was to build like a tanky,yet with good damage GS/Staff or GS/AxeAxe for every content but still don't know what prefix to use like Forsaken,Soldier or even Sentinel

>

> My advice would be to use Marauder's before Soldier's. If you don't have HoT, go with Valkyrie armor and make up the precision with Assassins trinkets. Soldier's gives up too much DPS for the vitality and toughness. Marauder's and Valkyrie grant you the increased vitality (that works to mitigate both power and condi damage), while still keeping decent amounts of precision and ferocity to help you maintain decent power DPS. I run marauder's on almost all my power builds - even the power reaper is full marauder's.

I run Valks/Zerks on mine, but I'm also relying on traits to cover the precision loss.

> I'd love to Level up a guardian,considering he's used a lot in every mode.My idea was to build like a tanky,yet with good damage GS/Staff or GS/AxeAxe for every content but still don't know what prefix to use like Forsaken,Soldier or even Sentinel

Guardi can't use axe off hand. If you want to wvw, staff/mace+shield or hammer works in zergs, sword+focus/lb is nice for roaming though I hear theres a burstier roamer build these days that uses sword+focus/hammer. If you want to get into t4s and raids, power build uses full zerk gs/scepter+torch, condi build uses viper/griever scepter/x+axe/torch. If it's just open world, run whatever you want.