QoL Request: Dungeons

I believe moderated chat channels such as party were supposed to be exempted from this. Which channel(s) are you hitting this on?

I'm also going to guess that the usual open world solution of "write more words, not just the link" isn't viable because of speed to announcement, yeah? Meaning that this is a case where explicitly supporting very fast announcements is required.

(I'm not trying to say it should stay, just to make sure the problem definition is clear, because it sounds like something well worth solving.)

This limit is a particular pain in Caudecus manor skips, where the thief is unable to warn their group that they are using Shadow Refuge, Blinding powder or Smokescreen. These skips can involve multiple stealths in areas that could draw agro, so there isn't always time to type things out. Players who don't understand the capabilities of thief will often run ahead and get themselves killed without these warnings, so I would say this is a pretty big issue for this dungeon.

I typically type in the /party chat.

I don't see how this is a dungeon-specific request. It is relevant for any instanced combat.

Last I read, a dev said that the implementation of the mechanic was flawed. The intention was to change the mechanic so that "moderated" channels could use a different ruleset from unmoderated (i.e. one for /party, another for /map), but separating them exposed an existing bug that didn't matter in the past. The dev didn't mention an ETA and that was the last comment I saw about it.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> I believe moderated chat channels such as party were supposed to be exempted from this. Which channel(s) are you hitting this on?

>

> I'm also going to guess that the usual open world solution of "write more words, not just the link" isn't viable because of speed to announcement, yeah? Meaning that this is a case where explicitly supporting very fast announcements is required.

>

> (I'm not trying to say it should stay, just to make sure the problem definition is clear, because it sounds like something well worth solving.)

I normally call out things like [shadow Refuge] in party channel