Black Lion Auction house useless for 2 days.

I already tried that a few times :)

I've also tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling the game to no avail :anguished: It's almost as though there's a block on my account... but I've not done anything that I know of to warrant it nor have I received any notification of such a thing happening.

The TP is actually a custom in-game browser, so any issues will either affect _everyone_ or are specific to your PC. If you've cleared the cache, then reinstalling the game won't help. It's some sort of browser issue on your PC.

Regardless of trying anything else,

_start a support ticket first_

If you resolve the issue on your own, great; you can cancel the ticket. If not, then you are already in the queue to get help (and right now, the wait times are extraordinarily long).

It's generally tricky to determine the exact issue, so here are some things that tend to have helped others with similar symptoms:

* Run the game with admin privileges. Or move the entire GW2 installation folder to a location outside of c:\program files (or similar), e.g. to c:\games.

* Clear the browser cache for your default browser.

* With the game closed, change your current default browser to any other (e.g. from IE to Opera or Opera to Firefox), start the game again. If it works, try changing it back.

* Check your anti-malwware settings and give explicit permission to the 3rd party browser, `CoherentUI_Host.exe`

* Try running GW2 from any other computer. You can copy the GW2 installation folder to any portable or network drive and then paste it onto the second PC's drive.

* It's also worth making sure your browser and your PC's operating system (as well as anti-malware) are up-to-date.

Let us know if any of that works... or if none of it does. That will help us narrow down what might be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

So I actually had cut a ticket... 14 days ago and it still has yet to be responded on. I've tried using different browsers for my default, there are no firewalls, or antimalware on my computer. Unfortunately, I don't yet have a different computer to try from, but that would be my next step (as soon as I get my desktop built). Everything is up to date, Ima sorta stuck. I can still play of course, because everything else works great. I just have to get gear alternative ways which is really annoying. B)

Editing with the ticket number: 6965177

With the game closed, set up Google's DNS and delete all gw2cache folders under %temp%. If you've modified your hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) for GW2, undo it. Just in case, temporarily rename the folder %appdata%/Guild Wars 2, delete Documents/Guild Wars/Local.dat if it exists, and all bin folders located in your Guild Wars 2 install folder. Right click Gw2-64.exe/Gw2.exe (not a shortcut) and run it as an administrator. Your hardware-related settings (login, graphics) will be reset and it will re-download a few files. After trying the trading post, if you want your settings back, undo the rename to %appdata%/Guild Wars 2, otherwise you can delete that folder.

If that fails, open msconfig (WindowsKey+R or search start), select the services tab, check hide all from Microsoft, and disable all. Under the startup tab, disable everything. OK out of msconfig, but don't restart. Open a command prompt as an administrator (WindowsKey+X) and enter the commands:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

... then reboot.

If that still fails, try a VPN.