Soulbeast should only have access to 1 pet

Zefrost.3425

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > TBH , they are not well designed to have 2 pets, it is really clunky, you have to wait 10 sec between pets so, in the end you always use the same.

>

> I agree with that, but that shouldn't be fixed by removing the mechanics from the ranger.

>

> Also removing the ability to merge/unmerge would remove the mechanics as well. The fun part from the ranger is the pet Anet should consider put some ideas in there to improve it so it is rewarding to play in competitive modes as pets behave right now as trash mobs (even with the lack of connecting hits) and as such they don't provide any actual gameplay.

>

> Pve is solved already with the pets virtual inmmunity.

People like the OP are literally why we will never get pets that actually function. The _**second**_ they become actually competent, people always start screeching with rage at the top of their lungs until Anet ruins them.

Look at what they've done to the smokescale and bristleback, or how they nerfed the gazelle's charge so hard it literally doesn't work properly anymore and sends it flying off into the distance.

I've played ranger since the game first came out as well and very much know the shortcomings of a rangers pet. Personally all I want is a situation where everyone seems content with whatever nerfs/buffs that might come so that by some chance arenanet will finally consider buffing at least some of the rangers old pets.

I know everyone else already knows it but I'd like for this class to actually be a ranger and not just a smokescale tamer.

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > You guys are all debating the ins and outs of the suggestion and I still can't even engage the topic sincerely because "such survivability" and "Soulbeast" were used together....

> > >

> > > I'm just used to people thinking a Ranger not dying in 5 seconds is too much so I can never tell how absurd people's metrics actually are.

> >

> > Now is this 5 seconds of the ranger is out of dodges and is being focused sorta thing? Or 5 seconds of the ranger still having all their defenses/evades up and hasn’t been given the death mark? Because these are two totally different situations lol

>

> Sometimes i have a feel like i have a permanent death mark over mi head ,is something like "ranger must die , first , always" :/ .

> If you make a single mistake while dodging or kiting, you are dead.

Do you have stealth in your build? If not chances are you literally have a target the whole game lol

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > > You guys are all debating the ins and outs of the suggestion and I still can't even engage the topic sincerely because "such survivability" and "Soulbeast" were used together....

> > > >

> > > > I'm just used to people thinking a Ranger not dying in 5 seconds is too much so I can never tell how absurd people's metrics actually are.

> > >

> > > Now is this 5 seconds of the ranger is out of dodges and is being focused sorta thing? Or 5 seconds of the ranger still having all their defenses/evades up and hasn’t been given the death mark? Because these are two totally different situations lol

> >

> > Sometimes i have a feel like i have a permanent death mark over mi head ,is something like "ranger must die , first , always" :/ .

> > If you make a single mistake while dodging or kiting, you are dead.

>

> Do you have stealth in your build? If not chances are you literally have a target the whole game lol

ofc, LB/Sword and warhorn , combos with smoke scale almost all time, but if you fail a single time, you are dead, and to combo with smoke scale with all ccs and condition spam is really difficult sometimes, is a shame that althought i know that ranger class is underpowered compared to almost every other class , it is the class i like the most.

BTW they should improve LB#3 , it is like a lottery to land it, sometimes it enter in CD but the ranger dontt shot the arrow, if you have someone targeted and use it but when using the skill you are on the move or not in a 180% in front of your enemy it fails and enter in cd......

No that should be part of a new elite spec. Doing that to soulbeast would kill the specs complexity.

Personally I wish for a bunny thumper that gains access to phsycial or meditation skills that are focused on aoe damage/cc

You only have one swoul AF pet call it elder/dire/hearty (depending on what you trait for hearty is tanky elder balanced and dire dps)

Your pet swap now heals the pet

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Your posts never cease to amuse me. Please keep it up!

> >

> > They completely missed an opportunity though.

> >

> > Soulbeast should only have access to 1 pet, and that pet should be a Eagle, because they are natures most majestic beast, a fitting tool for the most majestic elite spec!

>

> Let's go one step further: Griffon pet -> Griffon merge. You grow wings and you can _actually_ fly

or merge with the rollerbeetle... roll faaway... ramm necros butts if they vomit and do other stuff on points :p

> BTW they should improve LB#3 , it is like a lottery to land it, sometimes it enter in CD but the ranger dontt shot the arrow, if you have someone targeted and use it but when using the skill you are on the move or not in a 180% in front of your enemy it fails and enter in cd......

ikr... it should be renamed from "hunter's shot" to "hunted's shot" :p

rangers are sposed to have decent stealth mechanics... instead rangers worry about "when a thief will emerge outta thin air or nuke me with DJ" here rangers doesn't take advantage of terrain or nature (as its sposed to be) but the other way around...

• 2 weeks later...

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > > > You guys are all debating the ins and outs of the suggestion and I still can't even engage the topic sincerely because "such survivability" and "Soulbeast" were used together....

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm just used to people thinking a Ranger not dying in 5 seconds is too much so I can never tell how absurd people's metrics actually are.

> > > >

> > > > Now is this 5 seconds of the ranger is out of dodges and is being focused sorta thing? Or 5 seconds of the ranger still having all their defenses/evades up and hasn’t been given the death mark? Because these are two totally different situations lol

> > >

> > > Sometimes i have a feel like i have a permanent death mark over mi head ,is something like "ranger must die , first , always" :/ .

> > > If you make a single mistake while dodging or kiting, you are dead.

> >

> > Do you have stealth in your build? If not chances are you literally have a target the whole game lol

>

> ofc, LB/Sword and warhorn , combos with smoke scale almost all time, but if you fail a single time, you are dead, and to combo with smoke scale with all ccs and condition spam is really difficult sometimes, is a shame that althought i know that ranger class is underpowered compared to almost every other class , it is the class i like the most.

>

> BTW they should improve LB#3 , it is like a lottery to land it, sometimes it enter in CD but the ranger dontt shot the arrow, if you have someone targeted and use it but when using the skill you are on the move or not in a 180% in front of your enemy it fails and enter in cd......

Its good to know that LB3 issue happens to others. For a second I thought it was me. It’s so annoying.

while we're at the topic of limiting soulbeast to only one pet, lets reduce necros minion to one... then mesmer clone to one... coz, in pvp arena, i can see mesmers and necros running around with an army and it just gives me just only one(very little time frame) second to figure out the player and use my longbow and pursue them and separate them from among the crowd using lb4, then resume the fight... coz other professions can deal damage easily with swinging swords in the crowd but rangers can't and we need to pinpoint our targets and run after them... and thief stealth makes it hard for us to pint them... even if we did, they vanish the next moment and we need to target them once again, by that time, they come up behind you or infiltrate and stun and deal too much damage and down you completely