Can you pass on Discipline and Strenght right now?

Darox Ace.2670

Hey guys, so ive been playing warrior for about 3 months and i am constantly finding that i just **CAN'T** stay away from Strength and Discipline. I mean i like defense but whenever i play any spec without these it just feels lackluster. Dont get me wrong, Adrenal Health is great, but is it really worth to take the whole tree just for that trait?

I know everyone says that you can run absolutely anything in open world and will work, but even then i think:

What will my dmg look like without _Peak Performance_ dmg bonus? Or my gameplay without my _Warrior's Sprint_ and _Fast Hands_ swapping? Its just too good to pass.

I just feel that the other specs offer so little comparable to these two in general. Basically discipline is a must have in every build because it makes warrior so more fluid. Also burst skill recharge and ferocity with axe. Its too stacked.

Defense is good because of the passives (and potentially reflect on shield block)

Personally I don't use it unless I find myself dying too much in larger fights in WvW. In PvP you probably want it anyway just because it's much more important to stay alive there.

Discipline is an absolute must have. Makes sure you have tons of adrenaline, gives you some condi cleanse and gives access to immob cleanse and movement speed trait + damage

Hi,

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> in open world you absolutely dont need the defense traits, except maybe for soloing champs, in wvw its basically a must have and used over strength and pvp metabuild uses it too, there its possible to play without it tho

I quite enjoyed the recent roaming video posted by Thunder King (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41766/video-s-d-solo-outnumbered-roaming), don't know if you saw it. I gave it a try - at first I got murdered, then I realized I was relying more than I thought on passive skills and innate resilience, and finally I somehow adapted. Although I'm far from having the skill he's displayed (and my class knowledge is down the abyss as I haven't put any recent effort in learning), I've been having decent success, and a lot of fun.

I've been trying his build (super nice), and core Strength/Arms/Discipline to benefit from the unblockable passive (heh). I still do better with Defense/Discipline pair (being carried by the build, I agree that Defense is super strong), but the experience was nice (and I'm still continuing it).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR8XjMdQZHWFCmhAnIGICqrM+gm3CgIYA0vY6jBA-jlCEABPcQA2SJYb6GySZk/q/wkSHIeAAAcEAi4CAky+DkBoaMA-w

> @"Darox Ace.2670" said:

> I mean i like defense but whenever i play any spec without these it just feels lackluster. Dont get me wrong, Adrenal Health is great, but is it really worth to take the whole tree just for that trait?

For open world PvE, you don't need Defense. Healing skills like Healing Signet, Mending and To The Limit have got you covered in terms of survivability.

> I know everyone says that you can run absolutely anything in open world and will work, but even then i think:

> What will my dmg look like without _Peak Performance_ dmg bonus? Or my gameplay without my _Warrior's Sprint_ and _Fast Hands_ swapping? Its just too good to pass.

You need Warrior's Sprint and Fast Hands not only for the damage and movement increase, but because the warrior benefits a lot from the shorter weapon swap cooldown. You don't have to auto attack until you can weapon swap and use your other weapons' skills. Ever tried playing a warrior without the Fast Hands trait? It's so boring.

> I just feel that the other specs offer so little comparable to these two in general. Basically discipline is a must have in every build because it makes warrior so more fluid. Also burst skill recharge and ferocity with axe. Its too stacked.

You can run Strength (3-2-1 or 3-2-2), Arms (2-1-1) and Discipline (2-3-1 or 2-3-3). Arms can be useful because your burst skills always critically hit, meaning your Eviscerate will deal a lot of damage.

> @"Elegie.3620" said:

> Hi,

>

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > in open world you absolutely dont need the defense traits, except maybe for soloing champs, in wvw its basically a must have and used over strength and pvp metabuild uses it too, there its possible to play without it tho

>

> I quite enjoyed the recent roaming video posted by Thunder King (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41766/video-s-d-solo-outnumbered-roaming), don't know if you saw it. I gave it a try - at first I got murdered, then I realized I was relying more than I thought on passive skills and innate resilience, and finally I somehow adapted. Although I'm far from having the skill he's displayed (and my class knowledge is down the abyss as I haven't put any recent effort in learning), I've been having decent success, and a lot of fun.

>

> I've been trying his build (super nice), and core Strength/Arms/Discipline to benefit from the unblockable passive (heh). I still do better with Defense/Discipline pair (being carried by the build, I agree that Defense is super strong), but the experience was nice (and I'm still continuing it).

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR8XjMdQZHWFCmhAnIGICqrM+gm3CgIYA0vY6jBA-jlCEABPcQA2SJYb6GySZk/q/wkSHIeAAAcEAi4CAky+DkBoaMA-w

>

i saw it, i tried it, but felt way too squishy, i also already fiddled with a no defense build before i saw his post, not as squishy tho, dagger or axe and shield and swapping some trinkets for knight stats to not get bursted as hard as full zerker, i play something similiar in pvp atm and having quite some fun, with mending, sigil of cleansing and rune of lyssa for condi removes, no resistance whatsoever, but the amount of dodges i get from mmr and magebane tether/forceful gs compensate for that