Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> i am just gonna say i am disgussed by the the amount of collections you gotta do to get beatle and by the fact you need it to finish map completion of Koruna. This is just kick right in the behind. It is not a griphon so you had to make collections to get it. Really bad move there and i dont like it. Beside that constant disconets are prevailing. My evaluation of this ''expansion'' 2/10 and that is only beacuse i got to talk to Taimi again and for nice stealth mission at the begining (the one when you got to the Blich's hand)

Please understand what you are talking about before talking ^^

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My character is in Domain of Kourna but when I try to log in I get the Loading screen for Desert Highlands and crash out... No other characters would log in either after that. I closed the game, waited a couple of minutes, logged back into a character in a core tyria map, then switched to my character in Domain of Kourna and this time the proper loading screen for DoK showed and I was able to get through. Hope this can help anyone..

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

Can I just ask you, seeing I finally managed to get to the "Forearmed is Forewarned" part where I went through the portal and am supposed to pick up the arm, I am standing in Kourna at the portal and the quest log still says "Enter the portal." and there is no arm anywhere to be seen. Did you remove the arm, or is this a bug where the game won't recognize I went through the portal at all?

Edit: Ported back to the Highlands portal and went through a second time, and then it worked. 1.78s poorer, but it worked.

> @"Kersya.3145" said:

> 5 hours since iv'e been unable to log in with my characters after i select them i crash instantly.

> I select any one of them and it crashes at loading screen after the map loads a bit.

I picked the character with the oldest login time (months ago) and got in then my other characters started working.

• ArenaNet Staff

We'll be pushing a hotfix live later this evening which is specifically directed at addressing some of the ongoing issues around the Living World story. There will be another build in the morning which will contain fixes for other issues, such as the one preventing progress in Stronghold of the Faithful.

Episode 3 has the largest story instance map of any we’ve ever attempted, and that large map size resulted in unintended consequences that were not detectable through pre-release testing but only became clear when the episode went live. We're prioritizing getting that fixed.

We're continuing to work on this through the evening and will provide more updates as we are able to share them. Thank you for your patience.

I had a feeling size was part of the problem. The second instance was quite long (at least for me) and the new map is quite expansive for a Living World map. It's practically the size expected for an Expansion map instead!

Good luck to the staff in fixing the problems for good! Looking forward to it being patched up and flawless.

The most of the new ep I've completed is listen to the opening bit. Now I crash on that character and alts. Earlier today I was able to hop on and have normal playtime. The crashes only started after I started the episode. I tried quitting it to see if it would solve the issue but nope.

Great news! On a positive note, once these instances are stable I think they will be one of my favorite ones yet. The third instance that I haven't managed to complete yet has certainly been up there, despite the extremely frustrating corridor navigation if you catch my drift! The cut scenes are pretty fun so far too. Darker and almost feels like a different genre. Looking forward to finishing them and rerunning them with a hopefully seamless stable playthrough!

> @"Regina Buenaobra.6193" said:

> Episode 3 has the largest story instance map of any we’ve ever attempted, and that large map size resulted in unintended consequences that were not detectable through pre-release testing but only became clear when the episode went live. We're prioritizing getting that fixed.

Thanks for the update! Does it mean you identified the problem? Looking forward to logging in again :)

> @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > @"DOWNYAGO.4896" said:

> > Everyone complaining, just go play another game for a while. Let them work out the bugs. Blame Joko really. He made the plague. ;P

> >

> > To Anet,

> > Keep up the good work! A lot of us our patiently waiting for you guys to figure it out. Just keep the player-base informed, and all should be well. You can't please everyone.

>

> I did. I also spent my monthly token allotment on said other game.

Imagine botching a big content release this badly in the middle of the Steam Summer Sale lol.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > > @"DOWNYAGO.4896" said:

> > > Everyone complaining, just go play another game for a while. Let them work out the bugs. Blame Joko really. He made the plague. ;P

> > >

> > > To Anet,

> > > Keep up the good work! A lot of us our patiently waiting for you guys to figure it out. Just keep the player-base informed, and all should be well. You can't please everyone.

> >

> > I did. I also spent my monthly token allotment on said other game.

>

> Imagine botching a big content release this badly in the middle of the Steam Summer Sale lol.

Eh... Steam botches every big sale with weak content servers. :)

> @"Luckster.4076" said:

> I had a feeling size was part of the problem. The second instance was quite long (at least for me) and the new map is quite expansive for a Living World map. It's practically the size expected for an Expansion map instead!

>

> Good luck to the staff in fixing the problems for good! Looking forward to it being patched up and flawless.

agree with this.

last night i cant got d/c when starting instance 3 story (be my guest). there error message : cant creat instance .....( i forgot the rest).

but this morning i tried it, i could stay till trap room. but could not continue cause my alarm to work is ringing :D.

hopefully tonight i can finish it.