Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

I can not relog with my charakter after the Game lost connection.

GW2 trow me out wehen Timi wanted to mark the portal location in Desert Higlands I was standing on my raptor in the entrance way to the tomb. When I try to relogg with the same charakter I see the worng loadingscreen - Crystal Oasis and not as expected Desert Higlands - and get the Message:

Check your Internetconnection and try again in a few minutes (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101) (translated form german by me)

Edid:

Logging in with another carakter and then logging in with the bugged one seems to fix the problem for me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as i am angry like you guys, we have to admit that major update in almost every game have a problem on release date, and guild wars 2 updates usually have problem, so this is a possibility that got to be expected, beside being angry and ranting non informative contents will not solve the problem any faster, so let's just calm down and hope anet release patch soon

> @"Secret.5127" said:

> as much as i am angry like you guys, we have to admit that major update in almost every game have a problem on release date, and guild wars 2 updates usually have problem, so this is a possibility that got to be expected, beside being angry and ranting non informative contents will not solve the problem any faster, so let's just calm down and hope anet release patch soon

I was there at the WoD launch. It was probably worse.

Ah ah ah ah ah :D

> ArenaNet Forum Chat for June: This month's forum conversation about Episode 3 invites member questions and comments from Thursday morning (6/28) through Monday afternoon (7/02) Pacific Time. Devs will be responding through about July 13. Join the special June 2018 AFC Subforum to take part. More info here.

If you have issues with logging with the rest of your characters, quit GW2 completely and wait for about 5 minutes. Then relog, and to stay on the safe side, pick another character you didn't use to enter instance with. It should load now. Then you can log out to character select and relog to your main.

I've managed to get into the Kourna story instance for about 5 seconds. It then disconnected me. Didn't note down the error code, though.....

Well, just got hit with the connection bug too. Game begins lagging considerably (up to 3.5k spikes at times), then I get disconnected. Any attempt to reconnect results in a "Network error" that starts with 1038.

To be honest, ANet, I'm certain that these problems are all stemming from Amazon's servers. You've been having all sorts of lag and connection issues ever since PoF launch (which is also when you switched over the majority of your servers to Amazon). I appreciate that your hands may be tied if you're locked into some sort of contract, but please, for the love of skritt, do NOT renew your contract with them again. Their service is TERRIBLE, and it's frankly driving away players.

> @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> To be honest, ANet, I'm certain that these problems are all stemming from Amazon's servers. You've been having all sorts of lag and connection issues ever since PoF launch (which is also when you switched over the majority of your servers to Amazon). I appreciate that your hands may be tied if you're locked into some sort of contract, but please, for the love of skritt, do NOT renew your contract with them again. Their service is TERRIBLE, and it's frankly driving away players.

You may be right. Ever since this was done several people in my guild have been getting multiple d/c every single night. No sign of this before the switch.

But if there is adequate stress testing done prior to release, wouldn't that be adequate to cover the issue? It's probably a more complex problem, maybe several things going on all at once.

> @"Doireann Devir.6984" said:

> Even with it finally acknowledging I'm in Desert Highland, it keeps wanting to start me at the starter waypoint of Desert Highland.

it throws me to another wp too XD , no way I will spend all my silver to waypointing to the closest wp for the story lol.

I had just gotten to the portal part of the episode right outside of Primeval Kings and got a connection error. So I relogged back into game and it gave me a network connection error and it seems that went for chars that werent doing the episode either, because I couldnt log any of my chars back in. I then figured I'd go to my 2nd acct and not do the episode till that got fixed. While doing dailies in verdant to Queensdale the game gave me a network connection error and now I can't get back in on either acct :)..So I guess Netflix or something is calling my name till this gets fixed :)

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> I will only say one thing, surely season 1 could not be re-done, but she was without serious bugs in contrary of all instances

Most of season 1 was not in instances, but open-world. And there were also a lot of bug at that time.