Sword Ambush failing to connect to the target

Amadeus.5687

Ello all

Wanna talk about the Sword ambush skill.

So I have been trying to have fun with Mirage, and it ain't going so well. One of the primary offenders to that, is how Sword ambush fails to connect most of them time. I asume it's the delay from when you land to it actually strikes that's the offender. Basically, anything that moves, even a freaking dolyak walking around with supplies in WvW, can't reliable be hit with it.

It also suffer from pathing issues, so anyone standing on uneven ground it will often fail to connect to even.

Furthermore, because of the large delay on when the strike actually hit, you often end up breaking the strike by movement because it appears as it should allready have hit. I gues that can be a "Git good" thing, but it's just so frustrating to use....

Either the hit box needs to be larger, or that strike to happen a lot faster from when you land.

A solution that would also be a much needed buff, would be to make it a 360 AoE around you strike when you land that daze and hits up to 5 targets.

I can make a video of it if people need to see what I'm talking about

Welcome to why Sword3 is not an actual leap although it retains finisher functionality.

You can also complain about Axe3, which can not only place you on edges, in AoE, into sketchy locations, but it can also move your clones vertically to unblinkable locations (anti-Mirage deception propaganda).

Like, MT as a leap is fine, but as an attack it suffers from large (imo) issues. As a Mirage I don't switch to Sword unless I have a clone out because I don't want to replace a Phantasm when I dodge. That alone is a huge turnoff. I like that it summons a clone, but it should have an override at 3 phants (or 3 illusions idk). Additionally, this skill also has the same failings as Warrior Sword2 (which is what it's a copy of).

> @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> my sword ambush is pretty reliable. I love it.

Im glad you love it, but would you care to explain ìn what context you use it and on what? Cause sure, I can reliable hit a test golem, thats not the point!

The point is how unreliable it gets when you try ro hit anything that moves faster then a snail!

Also @"Esplen.3940" I can see where you come from with the spawning issue! I wont be using mirage for PvE, so I like the clones, since its more shatter fooder!

I would ofc. be all in for a overall fix to clones, så they wont ever override phantasms! in general that should apply to all clone generating attacks!

Been looking at age old feeeback on warrior sword and can see they have allways faced the same issue! thanks for pointing that out to me... sadly that probaly mean we wont get a fix....

Confirmed. But I like to see the glass half full. Even if it does not hit, it let you stay close to the target. Thinking of ppl running away because low on health, for example. In this scenario, you can still finish off the enemy or cast iLeap to stop the running guy, after the ambush let you close the gap. Still, if they could fix it, it would be awesome

You kinda want to use it at point-blank range if you want to reliably hit.

It doesn't really do meaningful damage so you mostly use it either for interrupt or stun if you trait confounding suggestions.

You can still use it from further away but then I mostly want the clone generation and a gap closer but won't expect it to reliably hit.

> @Amadeus.5687 said:

> > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > my sword ambush is pretty reliable. I love it.

>

> Im glad you love it, but would you care to explain ìn what context you use it and on what? Cause sure, I can reliable hit a test golem, thats not the point!

> The point is how unreliable it gets when you try ro hit anything that moves faster then a snail!

>

> Also @"Esplen.3940" I can see where you come from with the spawning issue! I wont be using mirage for PvE, so I like the clones, since its more shatter fooder!

> I would ofc. be all in for a overall fix to clones, så they wont ever override phantasms! in general that should apply to all clone generating attacks!

> Been looking at age old feeeback on warrior sword and can see they have allways faced the same issue! thanks for pointing that out to me... sadly that probaly mean we wont get a fix....

I use it in spvp and wvw roaming, against real players.

> @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > @Amadeus.5687 said:

> > > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > my sword ambush is pretty reliable. I love it.

> >

> > Im glad you love it, but would you care to explain ìn what context you use it and on what? Cause sure, I can reliable hit a test golem, thats not the point!

> > The point is how unreliable it gets when you try ro hit anything that moves faster then a snail!

> >

> > Also @"Esplen.3940" I can see where you come from with the spawning issue! I wont be using mirage for PvE, so I like the clones, since its more shatter fooder!

> > I would ofc. be all in for a overall fix to clones, så they wont ever override phantasms! in general that should apply to all clone generating attacks!

> > Been looking at age old feeeback on warrior sword and can see they have allways faced the same issue! thanks for pointing that out to me... sadly that probaly mean we wont get a fix....

>

> I use it in spvp and wvw roaming, against real players.

Happy to hear it work for you, would like to know how you manage to hit it ? Cause I have no idea how you manage to use it, in a way where reliable hits? Been doing a fair few amount of duels now in Alpine borderlands, and it hit at best 50% of the time, often less if we fight at the more uneven area close to the water. Heck I have even noticed it failing to hit when I'm close to point-blank at enemies.

Also the lonngass animation, from when you use the skill to it hit at point-blank range is just sad. Had really hoped you could do some fun interrupt gameplay with it, but it's simply far to slow an attack animation to actually interrupt what you wanna interrupt ><

Hi , my pc is very bad so i Play with cancer 15 fps. Internet isnt best here too, 150ms ping.

In wvw i use sword ambush as main interruption source. It reliably hits and with Chaos + duelling u can stack condis pretty well for a Power weapon. Its really cool that u can hit 3 ppl with it at the same time. I first reslized this as i did a Triple interrupt in wvw. The only buffs i'd whish is for all ambush Skills to have conditions. 2 stacks torment and bleed would fit.

Then when having 3 Illusions up , instead of replacing one, u should be able to quickly hit twice, applying the same Effects twice , without higher casttime , therefore Overall faster animation.

Again 150ms , 15 fps.