Reskin Ideas for the Roller Beetle

> @"Brother.1504" said:

> Charrley Davidson motorcycle theme mount seems perfect for a Roller Beetle reskin. Drops a trail of fire when you activate the boost.

Yep, bet we gonna have this as the gem store skin...atleast was the the first thing that come into my mind when i first saw the beetle on the trailer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as an experienced game tester, what's probably holding them back on new skins is the simple fact that the beetle mount has been in the live game less than a week. The devs almost certainly want to see how it functions mechanically in the live game before going further with aesthetics. I'm sure they tested the cabbage out of it internally, but no amount of testing can predict everything that will happen when new content goes live with thousands of players. That's company side reality in any game.

That said, let me offer a few beetle skin ideas...

Flintstone theme: a giant rock wheel or round boulder with a primitive wooden frame and leather saddle. Something like the Grawl would build.

Bowling ball. With appropriate bowling pin sound effect when you crash into mobs. Heck, I'd add that sound effect to the standard mount.

The Spooky theme version should have markings on the beetle like a rolling skull.

Fabulous theme: give the beetle a disco ball shell and have it leave a rainbow trail when it boosts. ;)

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > And for Spooky version, the beetle would obviously be a skull or flaming pumpkin. ^^

> >

> > That would be so . . .

> > **METAL**

> > Gimme.

> >

> > Other option: Mad Moon ball that laughs when idle. :P

> >

> >

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > I've been saying it since they added mounts and I'll say it again:

> > >

> > > CHARIOT PULLED BY POCKET RAPTORS.

> > >

> > > Glorious.

> >

> > Hm, stick them in a giant hamster ball cage. Idle animation: One of them escapes, gets caught by the Commander and shoved back in the ball-cage.

>

> Pocket raptors in a hamster ball I would soo buy.

I would throw money at pocket raptors in a hamster ball...

In fact, I think it would be epic if they would have a hamster ball that rotated between "livestock" every time you mounted up.... They could rotate between pocket raptors, quaggans, corgis, prairie dogs, vultures, dust mites, or pretty much any small animal.

> @"benny.1796" said:

> > @"Brother.1504" said:

> > > @"benny.1796" said:

> > > Im usually not picky when it comes to skins and look of ingame stuff but this new beetle ... what the heck. Its the first mount im not going to get due to his design no matter what content i will miss. The world doesnt provide enough drugs to get my kitten on this ... thing. An alternate skin is mandatory for me.

> >

> >

> rolling around like a poop ball from one of those bugs

This is extremely good, though