Roaming as Power Reaper with Blighter's Boon :) [vid]

Holl.3109

Hey all,

Wanted to show off a nice roaming session I had about a week ago. The clips are not in order, but you can check the time in the minimap. The build, which is new, can be found in the description of the video together with the songs. Hope you enjoy and get inspired :)

-Hollts

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Holts is by far the best kiter I've seen. No one really comes close to the jukes he does.

Oh stop it you, you're making me blush :3

> @"dceptaconroy.7928" said:

> Nice work holl you're the true wurminator. I'm still kicking it with your fear the reaper build. Keep up the killer work mate.

Wurm is the best utility skill, even if it is just a blink with a cast time xD Thank you for the kind words! <3

Good Video. Your movement is awesome!

I made a similar build few weeks ago, but more offensive and thus not that good in 1vs1. Your build suits way better!

Do you have any tips against spellbreaker ? They seem to block everything and if they can not, they run away. :/

@"Holl.3109"

Thanks for this. I’ve been leveling a fresh alt account (leveling old fashioned way) with a Reaper (still not quite done with it) and this has been very helpful.

In my case I’m swapping out Wurm in PvE for Spectral Grasp. There are a few minor trait changes as well but mostly the same.

I’m curious about how you fight condi builds in general. I’ve been using Plague Signet in place of the shout because it is less limited by number of targets and I can use the Signet cooldown reduction in shroud to get it back faster. But that trait also means I absorb many conditions from everyone who isn’t avoiding standing in the AoE. I have the dagger offhand transfer but it just feels a little light.

Obviously, sometimes shroud will help absorb a lot of spike damage. But I’m curious to hear your thoughts on it.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Anyone who wants to run reaper in wvw, try using hollt's build. just picked up reaper a couple weeks ago and it's already pretty effective:

>

>

>

> anyone can pick it up, the burst is solid as kitten!

Very nice video, glad you like the build ^_^

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> @"Holl.3109"

>

> Thanks for this. I’ve been leveling a fresh alt account (leveling old fashioned way) with a Reaper (still not quite done with it) and this has been very helpful.

>

> In my case I’m swapping out Wurm in PvE for Spectral Grasp. There are a few minor trait changes as well but mostly the same.

>

> I’m curious about how you fight condi builds in general. I’ve been using Plague Signet in place of the shout because it is less limited by number of targets and I can use the Signet cooldown reduction in shroud to get it back faster. But that trait also means I absorb many conditions from everyone who isn’t avoiding standing in the AoE. I have the dagger offhand transfer but it just feels a little light.

>

> Obviously, sometimes shroud will help absorb a lot of spike damage. But I’m curious to hear your thoughts on it.

No problem! Versus condi builds I take consume conditions and either plague signet or well of power instead of spectral armor. That usually gives me just enough clear to burst them down :)

> @"Zensoc.8974" said:

> Good Video. Your movement is awesome!

> I made a similar build few weeks ago, but more offensive and thus not that good in 1vs1. Your build suits way better!

>

> Do you have any tips against spellbreaker ? They seem to block everything and if they can not, they run away. :/

Thank you! Yes, spellbreakers are pretty hard to kill but as long as you don't hit full counter and count their dodges it's doable. Also try to use shroud 2 to run away every now and then to create some space.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> How do you feel about Rise in the any skill slot? I've used it a bit in other builds and it seems to have done some good but I do wonder if there are better choices.

I think it's not that good. It only has a use while fighting against Dragonhunters to trigger their traps.

The problem is that it's not safe dmg mitigation. As soon as minions die and they die rlly quick or as soon as they get outfight, the dmg reduction is gone

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > How do you feel about Rise in the any skill slot? I've used it a bit in other builds and it seems to have done some good but I do wonder if there are better choices.

>

> I think it's not that good. It only has a use while fighting against Dragonhunters to trigger their traps.

>

> The problem is that it's not safe dmg mitigation. As soon as minions die and they die rlly quick or as soon as they get outfight, the dmg reduction is gone

Ah, ok. It's ok, I went with Signet of Locust. I just detest moving slowly and I found it threw me off so I went with something that would give me a bit of speed.

> @"Ravezaar.4951" said:

> Left the game ahwile back (6months or so) but still Hollts vidz draws me in. Best Necro content creator in Gw2, miss the duels we had when u played on Deso and I on Piken.

<3 Thanks so much man!

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > How do you feel about Rise in the any skill slot? I've used it a bit in other builds and it seems to have done some good but I do wonder if there are better choices.

> >

> > I think it's not that good. It only has a use while fighting against Dragonhunters to trigger their traps.

> >

> > The problem is that it's not safe dmg mitigation. As soon as minions die and they die rlly quick or as soon as they get outfight, the dmg reduction is gone

>

> Ah, ok. It's ok, I went with Signet of Locust. I just detest moving slowly and I found it threw me off so I went with something that would give me a bit of speed.

With this build you have permanent swiftness with warhorn 5 and speed of shadows though, so signet of the locust isn't very useful imo ;)

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > How do you feel about Rise in the any skill slot? I've used it a bit in other builds and it seems to have done some good but I do wonder if there are better choices.

> >

> > I think it's not that good. It only has a use while fighting against Dragonhunters to trigger their traps.

> >

> > The problem is that it's not safe dmg mitigation. As soon as minions die and they die rlly quick or as soon as they get outfight, the dmg reduction is gone

>

> Ah, ok. It's ok, I went with Signet of Locust. I just detest moving slowly and I found it threw me off so I went with something that would give me a bit of speed.

I'd suggest using Speed of Shadows' + OH Warhorn's swiftness over running SotL (while fighting) if using this build and taking the occasional moment to kill an ambient creature to fill up your LF after flickering shroud a few times. SotL is a very underrated utility, but it ends up being very redundant since it has no effect while in shroud without trait investment, and without substantially changing the build, it generally lacks a lot of synergy of playing with Blighter's Boon, since SoS and Spiteful Spirit give you extra healing when entering shroud and play a lot into your sustain, but need to be swapped out to make room for Signets of Suffering and Unyielding Blast.

SotL is amazing for Reaper's Onslaught buillds as a consequence and larger group fights where you can get the five-target 8k burst heal, but to really gain the mileage from running it, a whole pile of traits need to be re-arranged which cuts into BB's healing and makes this build generally less effective.