WvW Server lock out

MaLeVoLenT.8129

> @Ubi.4136 said:

> > @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

> > Here we have the release of the expansion making thousands of players return to the game after many many changes to server population and WvW status. They're coming back to the game to find that they can't play with their friends or their guilds during a new expansion in WvW simply because a large percentage of servers are locked. These dedicated WvW players are fizzling out and some servers have been locked for 4 months prior. There is a serious problem with how server status is conducted and there is still a massive problem with population balance. IT seems short sighted for Arena Net to release an expansion and not allow people to play with their friends in WvW. I know this is a big PvE expansion but this is still crazy to me.

> >

> > I understand that the top end of servers are way to stacked and opening them garners a more stacked server. However the problem was already there and even though the community has cried about this problem nothing was done about it. P.S. There are even half dead servers that are locked.

>

> I like how you say that these are "dedicated" players who just started playing again. Yes, tons of people came back JUST for the expansion (and tons will likely leave in a month). Yes, it seems likely that guilds/friends have bandwagoned to a mega-blob server and now (after being gone for 4 months or more) the dedicated "returning" player can't just bandwagon to the mega-blob server with them.

>

> There is no reason that justifies opening overly-stacked servers so more people can bandwagon to them.

Is all servers mega blob servers? You guys are centered around Tier 1 without realizing that the system is broken all around and even t4 servers are locked. The reason we have a JQ and a BG is because the system is broken and if Arena Net isnt willing to fix the system they should end the pressure of people wanting to play with their friends. Because WvW is not going to change if Arena Net isnt willing to change it. As in the system that allows for BG and JQ is still present and keeping those said servers closed will do nothing but entice a slow bleed until those players quit till the next expansion. This is not about JQ and BG. I could have labeled this thread destroy all servers and it would still come to the same meaning. The system we have here is broken. It has been broken for years. BG and JQ will not change unless Arena Net changes them.

BG and JQ are not the problem, if these two servers didn't exists there would be other mega blob super stacked servers, because the system we have allows for it. So stop pinning your issues on these two servers and realize the greater scale of the issue.

TC's server admin just came here and posted the same scenario playing out across tiers. Where is TC right now? T4? and locked?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore if you're worried about these server becoming so super stacked perhaps its the environment of Tier 1 thats so enticing. It has nothing to do with winning. If I wanted to win I would be in Tier 4 where it's easier to Win. And if the ideal environment for a large percent of population is to play in the higher tiers, then perhaps other servers should be able to get as thick and populated as the big three....cept this is not the case. Because we are all locked.

> @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

> Here we have the release of the expansion making thousands of players return to the game after many many changes to server population and WvW status. They're coming back to the game to find that they can't play with their friends or their guilds during a new expansion in WvW simply because a large percentage of servers are locked. These dedicated WvW players are fizzling out and some servers have been locked for 4 months prior. There is a serious problem with how server status is conducted and there is still a massive problem with population balance. IT seems short sighted for Arena Net to release an expansion and not allow people to play with their friends in WvW. I know this is a big PvE expansion but this is still crazy to me.

>

> I understand that the top end of servers are way to stacked and opening them garners a more stacked server. However the problem was already there and even though the community has cried about this problem nothing was done about it. P.S. There are even half dead servers that are locked.

Here we have is a player pushing their own agendas about the direction of the game and their own vision for it.

It may not be about JQ or BG. Would you open them?

I have said no.

I have said opening any other closed server would be fine in my opinion.

It would seem that you are fine with opening BG and JQ.

If I am correct, OnS currently resides on JQ. If JQ is opened, would you not benefit?

I am on BG, and I have guild mates stuck on other servers, and I would clearly like them on BG. But I have clearly been against opening BG.

Where do you stand @"MaLeVoLenT.8129?

And before you state it doesn't matter, I think as you are lobbying for a change, it does matter.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @GentlemanAce.1957 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> If returning players aren't on the servers their main guild is on, it's likely because their guild moved around and left them behind. Maybe they need to find a new guild?

>

>

> I am on BG, and I have guild mates stuck on other servers, and I would clearly like them on BG. But I have clearly been against opening BG.

Did you tell them to find a new guild?

> @Rainshadow.4926 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @GentlemanAce.1957 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

>

> > If returning players aren't on the servers their main guild is on, it's likely because their guild moved around and left them behind. Maybe they need to find a new guild?

> >

>

>

> >

> > I am on BG, and I have guild mates stuck on other servers, and I would clearly like them on BG. But I have clearly been against opening BG.

>

> Did you tell them to find a new guild?

>

;) Nope. But they have the patience to wait for the server to open.

Like everyone else, they made a choice with consequences.

I firmly believe that the entire state of all servers should be changed or reset. I was one who supported battlegroups or simply starting over because our servers have a certain history of accounts and placements that garner the super stackedness. I believe both BG and JQ MAG and the rest needs to be dismantled . So that balance can be stricken. Yes, I'm on JQ and wish death to my own server for the sake of balance. However if Arena Net isn't willing to fix these servers, they should hurt their player base by keeping all servers locked for the sake of 2.

If JQ opened today, Yes OnS will benefit. OnS has people off server who needs to come to play with their guild. If it weren't for the server status and placement in the first place, my guild would still be sitting on TC right now. Because TC has fallen, in the way that it did, there was a mass wave of movement from the server and since that time my guild has been floating from link to link untill we found JQ a server we liked.

JQ has atleast 4 guilds this way. Other servers have more. This isn't about me. I literally made this thread so others can weigh in their experiences. If you look above you can see they did just that. So JQ and BG arent the only servers with this issue. So I would like it if you people would stop trying to derail my thread because you just dont like me.

> > @DoctorWunderbar.5037 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @GentlemanAce.1957 said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > BG, JQ should both remain closed.

> > > >

> > > > This isn't a topic on who should remain locked, it's about the sheer amount of servers that are still locked because of the way Arena Net evaluates server population. Posts like yours are the reason threads like these get locked.

> > > >

> > > Threads get locked because of matchup discussions.

> > >

> > > Neither server has a link. Neither should open.

> > >

> > > If returning players aren't on the servers their main guild is on, it's likely because their guild moved around and left them behind. Maybe they need to find a new guild?

> > >

> >

> > What type of argument is that? People returning to the game trying to play with their friends should be told "lol get new friends"?

>

> Nah, but evidently their friends don't think it is worth it to move down. So.. how good of friends are those?

>

> Reality is, people want to stack yet again.

>

100% the truth.

I'm in T4 (TC) and play all the time. Currently, doing the PoF stuff with the wife, cause it's the wife. That said, TC is locked for a reason. Tons of PvE'ers log in to wvw just to do a single daily if they don't like one of the PvE ones. This is not just true on TC, I am sure players from every server do this.

Anet just looks at the number of accounts that log in to wvw and either unlocks them or doesn't (pretty sure it is automated). Granted, there is no way to get actual balance under this kind of system, but also take in to account that full on one server is not the same number of players that full on another server means.

Read this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2469/wvw-structures-system-plus-populations-issues#latest

That being said, just opening the servers is not going to "fix" anything.

> @Ubi.4136 said:

> I'm in T4 (TC) and play all the time. Currently, doing the PoF stuff with the wife, cause it's the wife. That said, TC is locked for a reason. Tons of PvE'ers log in to wvw just to do a single daily if they don't like one of the PvE ones. This is not just true on TC, I am sure players from every server do this.

>

> Anet just looks at the number of accounts that log in to wvw and either unlocks them or doesn't (pretty sure it is automated). Granted, there is no way to get actual balance under this kind of system, but also take in to account that full on one server is not the same number of players that full on another server means.

> Read this:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2469/wvw-structures-system-plus-populations-issues#latest

>

> That being said, just opening the servers is not going to "fix" anything.

No it wont "Fix" anything, but it's a better system then currently in place.

> @Vermillion.4061 said:

> > > @DoctorWunderbar.5037 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @GentlemanAce.1957 said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > BG, JQ should both remain closed.

> > > > >

> > > > > This isn't a topic on who should remain locked, it's about the sheer amount of servers that are still locked because of the way Arena Net evaluates server population. Posts like yours are the reason threads like these get locked.

> > > > >

> > > > Threads get locked because of matchup discussions.

> > > >

> > > > Neither server has a link. Neither should open.

> > > >

> > > > If returning players aren't on the servers their main guild is on, it's likely because their guild moved around and left them behind. Maybe they need to find a new guild?

> > > >

> > >

> > > What type of argument is that? People returning to the game trying to play with their friends should be told "lol get new friends"?

> >

> > Nah, but evidently their friends don't think it is worth it to move down. So.. how good of friends are those?

> >

> > Reality is, people want to stack yet again.

> >

>

> 100% the truth.

"Hey man, you should come play with us!"

"Nah nah nah nah, you ALL come play with me"

Already has already proven to not fix WvW population. So what we have is what we get. Prior to this, I wouldn't have ever asked for Arena Net to open the most stacked servers and I didn't even lead with that in my original post. Because I figure maybe they can do something to allow this without opening the two most stacked servers. It was everyone else who brought BG and JQ into this conversation. My post was about a problem overall. That goes from T4 , T3, T2 and T1. in the heat of the expansion.

I am done asking them to "fix" stacked servers. They don't seem to have interest in that. My post wasn't about fixing the system at hand. It was simply how to coupe with the influx of WvW players we're all experiencing and the division our communities have.

If said stacked servers never opened. Then there would be great unrest. Yes guilds and players would leave said stacked servers a long period of time or probably never. Those players who leave their stacked server because they cant play with their friends have to reside on a linked server, which could invoke them moving every 2 months. Which indeed would start what you all fear, which is a massive bandwagon that happens periodically.

> @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

> Already has already proven to not fix WvW population. So what we have is what we get. Prior to this, I wouldn't have ever asked for Arena Net to open the most stacked servers and I didn't even lead with that in my original post. Because I figure maybe they can do something to allow this without opening the two most stacked servers. It was everyone else who brought BG and JQ into this conversation. My post was about a problem overall. That goes from T4 , T3, T2 and T1. in the heat of the expansion.

>

> I am done asking them to "fix" stacked servers. They don't seem to have interest in that. My post wasn't about fixing the system at hand. It was simply how to coupe with the influx of WvW players we're all experiencing and the division our communities have.

>

> If said stacked servers never opened. Then there would be great unrest. Yes guilds and players would leave said stacked servers a long period of time or probably never. Those players who leave their stacked server because they cant play with their friends have to reside on a linked server, which could invoke them moving every 2 months. Which indeed would start what you all fear, which is a massive bandwagon that happens periodically.

tldr; my friends is coming back to play gw2, but jq is locked. pls open server.

If you wanted to play with your friends. Both you and your friend can xfer to open servers currently opened. Problem solved.

> @thebizz.3692 said:

> > @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

> > Already has already proven to not fix WvW population. So what we have is what we get. Prior to this, I wouldn't have ever asked for Arena Net to open the most stacked servers and I didn't even lead with that in my original post. Because I figure maybe they can do something to allow this without opening the two most stacked servers. It was everyone else who brought BG and JQ into this conversation. My post was about a problem overall. That goes from T4 , T3, T2 and T1. in the heat of the expansion.

> >

> > I am done asking them to "fix" stacked servers. They don't seem to have interest in that. My post wasn't about fixing the system at hand. It was simply how to coupe with the influx of WvW players we're all experiencing and the division our communities have.

> >

> > If said stacked servers never opened. Then there would be great unrest. Yes guilds and players would leave said stacked servers a long period of time or probably never. Those players who leave their stacked server because they cant play with their friends have to reside on a linked server, which could invoke them moving every 2 months. Which indeed would start what you all fear, which is a massive bandwagon that happens periodically.

>

> tldr; my friends is coming back to play gw2, but jq is locked. pls open server.

>

> If you wanted to play with your friends. Both you and your friend can xfer to open servers currently opened. Problem solved.

>

Thats not what I said. You think its feasible to move an entire guild for a few players? Anyway. What guild would move their guild off their server because 1 or 2 people cant get on it? This problem is alot bigger than just 1 single guild. The problem also is overlapped by the imbalance of population. Even If I choose to move my 50 man guild for the few we'd have to go to a link server. Then we'd have to move nearly every 2 months which would create this bandwagon effect. OnS actually has done this before btw. We're no stranger to it and we moved to JQ because it was a healthy community for us to thrive on.