Winterberry Bush Node, just why?

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> "I sure wish my Winterberry Bush would stop completing the Daily Berry Aquisition achievement for Bitterfrost Frontier." - said no one ever.

The closest I came to that was:

"I feel a bit guilty this node finishes my daily."

But that changed to:

"Why didn't I buy this node sooner?" and "Bitterfrost is still annoying as kitten, so yay."

Good change. The dailies are linked to the maps. Besides, if you do a chest run, you'll pick up some berries along the way. I usually have that daily done just opening some of those chests. And five berries are easily gotten anyway. It always sucks when you get a toy taken away but come on, this change is fair.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > because the point of the map dailies is to have you go to the maps. you could complete the daily completely with the home instance mote. which doesn't happen with other motes (you get some progress but you don't instantly complete it still forcing you to go to the maps/regions)

>

> This answer makes a lot of sense to me.

Would make sense if the daily was for node harvesting in the specific map. It isn't, it's for obtaining a specific plant type - obtaining berries by other means than harvesting also counted last time i checked.

Home instance node not counting for daily is pretty much an exception here.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'd understand if there was something major involved in this, but making the rules inconsistent because someone didn't like one edge case, when said case didn't even have any significant impact on anything seems just really weird to me.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > because the point of the map dailies is to have you go to the maps. you could complete the daily completely with the home instance mote. which doesn't happen with other motes (you get some progress but you don't instantly complete it still forcing you to go to the maps/regions)

>

> This answer makes a lot of sense to me.

It makes me a bit reluctant to report things because something I thought was okay is now a 'bug' that I'd been abusing since its inception.

I think it's also more to do with the fact you get 5 berries from one swing of a sickle. Which as stated earlier in the thread could've been countered by increasing the number of berries you need to gather because:

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I don't know, the Daily Achievement states: _Gather_ 5 Winterberries, rather than 'acquire' 5 Winterberries. I can't say I've ever dinged that Achievement from opening Icebound Chests or other containers containing Winterberries.

>

> That's how I usually complete the daily: via chests.

Oh yeah, it gets even funkier with the Orchids; once you complete the Druid Stone collection you can trade in 5 seeds for a Posy which does count BUT only if you buy them individually. If you 'buy' them from the vendor in bulk then, to quote Gimli from LOTR, "that still only counts as one".

Drops from all the chests count for everything _except_ Orrian Oysters as the gathering daily states specifically they must be gathered in Siren's Landing.