Untested Speed Serum wrong hint (wasted ~20 minutes of my life)

the hint for Untested Speed Serum is "Bitterfly Bayou"

when in reality the hidden cache is in "Veldrunner Drifts"

now, anet has had more horribly wrong hints than this as it was still pretty close to the Bayou, but still, why are these wrong?

is no one second checking their entries?

if the hints are wrong, you are essentially forcing people to use sites like dulfy as ingame resources don't help, in fact,

ingame resources will prevent you from completing some collections if the hints are wrong.

> @"Dino.3680" said:

> The hint text says around meaning it doesn't have to be inside can be near. In the case of Untested Speed Serum it is located inside Veldrunner Drifts but near bitterfly Bayou and the hinttext is correct.

By that logic you may as well stop providing hints. "It's somewhere in this half of the map"

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Dino.3680" said:

> > The hint text says around meaning it doesn't have to be inside can be near. In the case of Untested Speed Serum it is located inside Veldrunner Drifts but near bitterfly Bayou and the hinttext is correct.

>

> By that logic you may as well stop providing hints. "It's somewhere in this half of the map"

Personally, I think there is a quite reasonable argument to be made that most players -- and the ones on the forums here are the likely exceptions -- don't really think of "regions" in any meaningful way, so for them it is just a vague label on a map, and a point of interest, nothing more.

I'm not judging if this is really a misplaced hint or not, just saying that I think a coherent and reasonable argument exists for it being placed in a way that is helpful to most players without being "technically correct".

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Dino.3680" said:

> > > The hint text says around meaning it doesn't have to be inside can be near. In the case of Untested Speed Serum it is located inside Veldrunner Drifts but near bitterfly Bayou and the hinttext is correct.

> >

> > By that logic you may as well stop providing hints. "It's somewhere in this half of the map"

>

> Personally, I think there is a quite reasonable argument to be made that most players -- and the ones on the forums here are the likely exceptions -- don't really think of "regions" in any meaningful way, so for them it is just a vague label on a map, and a point of interest, nothing more.

>

> I'm not judging if this is really a misplaced hint or not, just saying that I think a coherent and reasonable argument exists for it being placed in a way that is helpful to most players without being "technically correct".

I agree with @"SlippyCheeze.5483": there's a reasonable argument for the current text being "correct."

On the other hand, I support the _sentiment_ expressed by the OP: it would be better if the hints were more helpful. In this case, it would have been both technically accurate and more helpful for the hint to read, "found in Veldrunner Drifts and very close to Bitterfly Bayou."

More pedantry:

Each game [region](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Region) is composed of [explorable zones](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone), each zone divided into [areas](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area). For example, Nebo Terrace & Northfields are _areas_ within the _explorable zone_ of Gendarran Fields, which is in the Kryta _region_ of Tyria.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Dino.3680" said:

> > > > The hint text says around meaning it doesn't have to be inside can be near. In the case of Untested Speed Serum it is located inside Veldrunner Drifts but near bitterfly Bayou and the hinttext is correct.

> > >

> > > By that logic you may as well stop providing hints. "It's somewhere in this half of the map"

> >

> > Personally, I think there is a quite reasonable argument to be made that most players -- and the ones on the forums here are the likely exceptions -- don't really think of "regions" in any meaningful way, so for them it is just a vague label on a map, and a point of interest, nothing more.

> >

> > I'm not judging if this is really a misplaced hint or not, just saying that I think a coherent and reasonable argument exists for it being placed in a way that is helpful to most players without being "technically correct".

>

> I agree with @"SlippyCheeze.5483": there's a reasonable argument for the current text being "correct."

>

> On the other hand, I support the _sentiment_ expressed by the OP: it would be better if the hints were more helpful. In this case, it would have been both technically accurate and more helpful for the hint to read, "found in Veldrunner Drifts and very close to Bitterfly Bayou."

I would certainly get behind that suggestion. I also understand why the OP feels that way, and I don't think they are actually wrong, I just think it isn't as simple as "completely right" or "completely wrong", and we sit in an uncomfortably grey area in the middle. :)