Back after 2 year brake.... Really need help with choice for Ascended gear for gaurdian

Hi guys, i recently started playing GW2 again with HoT exp. And plan on getting PoF soon aswell. I love playing gaurdian and im about to get ready to work on my ascended gear. The problem im having is that there are so many meta builds and things out there i do not know what to build, i am looking for gear that i can craft to go on raids.... i played tank before and really need some help

> @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit. And since Valkyrie is Berzerker's trading Precision for Vitality, you'll get the same power and ferocity with berserker or Valk, and you get your crit chance from traits, so you can safely trade away.

It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

>

> You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

Would that stop me from moving over to FB later on?

> If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> >

> > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

>

>

>

> I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

>

> In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

> In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

>

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> > >

> > > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> >

> >

> >

> > I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

>

> Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

So for trinkets and rings and stuff i must go full beserkers to get a higher crit rate if i am understanding this right. But armour i go full valkary

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

> >

> > In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

> > In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

> >

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> > > >

> > > > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > > > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

> >

> > Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

>

> So for trinkets and rings and stuff i must go full beserkers to get a higher crit rate if i am understanding this right. But armour i go full valkary

I'd use this build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7fnkICtChddCGCBkdilBiKrAXwH0KAq22U+6z+zH-jxRBQBiUZAe0N8gLCwV2fU6BgnAglU/xMKBJFQEjBA-e

Wurm Runes sacrifice a chunk of damage even without counting the 10% boost at 90% (175 power - that's more than 5 might stacks), but you can replace them if you want. You'll definetly tell the difference though, because those 175 power will be multiplied by the ferocity with all your attacks being crits.

**EDIT: **I forgot to change the traits. It's kinda interchangeable, there's only minute changes, but apparently the current best is use Zeal instead of Virtues:

https://snowcrows.com/raids/guardian/dragonhunter/power/

Also, when i use Virtues, i tend to use Indomitable Courage instead of Permeating Wrath. Form me, personally, it does a bit more damage (i did test it), and i like it since it has more utility (a stun break can be awesome), and it synergizes better with Unscathed Contender, while Permeating wrath is just there, doing burn damage.

On Power Guardian (core build), it makes more sense to do it the other way, since you'll be taking Virtues **and** Zeal with the increased damage to burning enemies, so you get more burns more often.

> > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

> > >

> > > In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

> > > In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

> > >

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> > > > >

> > > > > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > > > > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

> > >

> > > Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

> >

> > So for trinkets and rings and stuff i must go full beserkers to get a higher crit rate if i am understanding this right. But armour i go full valkary

>

>

> I'd use this build:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7fnkICtChddCGCBkdilBiKrAXwH0KAq22U+6z+zH-jxRBQBiUZAe0N8gLCwV2fU6BgnAglU/xMKBJFQEjBA-e

>

> Wurm Runes sacrifice a chunk of damage even without counting the 10% boost at 90% (175 power - that's more than 5 might stacks), but you can replace them if you want. You'll definetly tell the difference though, because those 175 power will be multiplied by the ferocity with all your attacks being crits.

>

> EDIT: I forgot to change the traits. It's kinda interchangeable, there's only minute changes, but apparently the current best is use Zeal instead of Virtues:

> https://snowcrows.com/raids/guardian/dragonhunter/power/

I will test this with both sets of runes since i can just pop in another rune and then decide on the runes Afterwards. Just to make sure build aside, armour i go https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gobrech%27s_armor but weapons and the rest i go besekers?

> > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

> > > >

> > > > In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

> > > > In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

> > > >

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > > > > > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

> > > >

> > > > Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

> > >

> > > So for trinkets and rings and stuff i must go full beserkers to get a higher crit rate if i am understanding this right. But armour i go full valkary

> >

> >

> > I'd use this build:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7fnkICtChddCGCBkdilBiKrAXwH0KAq22U+6z+zH-jxRBQBiUZAe0N8gLCwV2fU6BgnAglU/xMKBJFQEjBA-e

> >

> > Wurm Runes sacrifice a chunk of damage even without counting the 10% boost at 90% (175 power - that's more than 5 might stacks), but you can replace them if you want. You'll definetly tell the difference though, because those 175 power will be multiplied by the ferocity with all your attacks being crits.

> >

> > EDIT: I forgot to change the traits. It's kinda interchangeable, there's only minute changes, but apparently the current best is use Zeal instead of Virtues:

> > https://snowcrows.com/raids/guardian/dragonhunter/power/

>

> I will test this with both sets of runes since i can just pop in another rune and then decide on the runes Afterwards. Just to make sure build aside, armour i go https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gobrech%27s_armor but weapons and the rest i go besekers?

You can take Valkyrie Amulet if you want, but yeah. pretty much that.

Mind you, this is to keep damage potential maxed. You're still free to do it differently. Basically this build is just slightly off-meta, but should output the same damage, especially in a fully buffed group with plenty of Fury.

In fractals and Raids i tend to have 95-100% crit rate according to ArcDPS, so it's working well for me (i do use that build with slight differences, mostly from me complicating things a bit).

> > > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

> > > > >

> > > > > In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

> > > > > In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > > > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > > > > > > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

> > > > >

> > > > > Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

> > > >

> > > > So for trinkets and rings and stuff i must go full beserkers to get a higher crit rate if i am understanding this right. But armour i go full valkary

> > >

> > >

> > > I'd use this build:

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7fnkICtChddCGCBkdilBiKrAXwH0KAq22U+6z+zH-jxRBQBiUZAe0N8gLCwV2fU6BgnAglU/xMKBJFQEjBA-e

> > >

> > > Wurm Runes sacrifice a chunk of damage even without counting the 10% boost at 90% (175 power - that's more than 5 might stacks), but you can replace them if you want. You'll definetly tell the difference though, because those 175 power will be multiplied by the ferocity with all your attacks being crits.

> > >

> > > EDIT: I forgot to change the traits. It's kinda interchangeable, there's only minute changes, but apparently the current best is use Zeal instead of Virtues:

> > > https://snowcrows.com/raids/guardian/dragonhunter/power/

> >

> > I will test this with both sets of runes since i can just pop in another rune and then decide on the runes Afterwards. Just to make sure build aside, armour i go https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gobrech%27s_armor but weapons and the rest i go besekers?

>

> You can take Valkyrie Amulet if you want, but yeah. pretty much that.

> Mind you, this is to keep damage potential maxed. You're still free to do it differently. Basically this build is just slightly off-meta, but should output the same damage, especially in a fully buffed group with plenty of Fury.

> In fractals and Raids i tend to have 95-100% crit rate according to ArcDPS, so it's working well for me (i do use that build with slight differences, mostly from me complicating things a bit).

Thank you allot, you have saved me from the confusion that is ascended gear, i will definatelly be reffering to the builds that you posted and maybe play around with it while i grind for ascended, was playing mace shield all this time with vit. Health tough. But will change my gear tonite to valk exotuc and change my other things aswell so i can get into the feel of things while workung on my ascended

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

> > > > > > In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > > > > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > > > > > > > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

> > > > >

> > > > > So for trinkets and rings and stuff i must go full beserkers to get a higher crit rate if i am understanding this right. But armour i go full valkary

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'd use this build:

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7fnkICtChddCGCBkdilBiKrAXwH0KAq22U+6z+zH-jxRBQBiUZAe0N8gLCwV2fU6BgnAglU/xMKBJFQEjBA-e

> > > >

> > > > Wurm Runes sacrifice a chunk of damage even without counting the 10% boost at 90% (175 power - that's more than 5 might stacks), but you can replace them if you want. You'll definetly tell the difference though, because those 175 power will be multiplied by the ferocity with all your attacks being crits.

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: I forgot to change the traits. It's kinda interchangeable, there's only minute changes, but apparently the current best is use Zeal instead of Virtues:

> > > > https://snowcrows.com/raids/guardian/dragonhunter/power/

> > >

> > > I will test this with both sets of runes since i can just pop in another rune and then decide on the runes Afterwards. Just to make sure build aside, armour i go https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gobrech%27s_armor but weapons and the rest i go besekers?

> >

> > You can take Valkyrie Amulet if you want, but yeah. pretty much that.

> > Mind you, this is to keep damage potential maxed. You're still free to do it differently. Basically this build is just slightly off-meta, but should output the same damage, especially in a fully buffed group with plenty of Fury.

> > In fractals and Raids i tend to have 95-100% crit rate according to ArcDPS, so it's working well for me (i do use that build with slight differences, mostly from me complicating things a bit).

>

> Thank you allot, you have saved me from the confusion that is ascended gear, i will definatelly be reffering to the builds that you posted and maybe play around with it while i grind for ascended, was playing mace shield all this time with vit. Health tough. But will change my gear tonite to valk exotuc and change my other things aswell so i can get into the feel of things while workung on my ascended

Yeah i also made my Guard to be a tank, and used to run Soldiers armor, plus some valks and berzerker. It was tanky and drew plenty of aggro in fractals. But then raids came, and, sadly Chrono is just better for tanking, since it has a ton of utility that Guardian can't compete with, so taking a tanky guard is a waste of group DPS. So i changed it to power and has been fun, i'm usually within the top DPSers of most groups. You'll cleave trash like they're nothing, and if you play it right (do a small dodge into bosses to get inside their hitbox) you'll be doing a ton of cleave damage on bosses as well.

> And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

I'd be more careful with valkyrie gear than others in this thread. True, under optimal circumstances, you can use a load of valkyrie instead of berserker and still be crit-capped. The only advantage of valkyrie, though, is having a larger buffer for some mistakes when compared to berserker. As soon as you don't have 100% retaliation uptime anymore (and to reach that, you rely on others), your damage will take a massive hit, while the impact on berserker players is minimal. As you want to get into raids, I'd strongly recommend to ignore valkyrie and go full berserker instead. There are several reasons for that: first, you won't be dependent on the chrono or a second DH for good damage; second, berserker teaches you to be more watchful, while having extra health invites slacking; and third, there are many mechanics in raids where the extra health from valkyrie will be totally irrelevant, since they're oneshots regardless of HP.

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > > > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In Open world, sure, celestial works. It's highly inefficient and you'll take twice as long to kill anything, but yeah, it's "viable".

> > > > > > > In group content, unless you like leeching off of other people, then no, it's not a viable choice, especially for T4 Fractals and Raids.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"RandomJay.9734" said:

> > > > > > > > > > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can safely take Valkyrie armor, and Berserker for trinkets and weapons. Your damage will remain the same due to the 50% crit chance increase with Righteous Instincts. With that you just need ~30% crit rate, Retaliation and Fury to get 100% crit.

> > > > > > > > > It won't make you tanky, but it will improve your odds a bit.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I was watching this video just now and im guessing this is te type of build you are referring to. If so i thank you very much

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Something like that... I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me (just looked at the builds pages he shows) that he has too low crit from having too many Valk items. Aim for 30% base crit without boons (food is allowed, as long as you use it every time in groups). He does make a good point about scholar's runes, but usually with a good druid and chrono setup, you shouldn't fall below 90% too often.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So for trinkets and rings and stuff i must go full beserkers to get a higher crit rate if i am understanding this right. But armour i go full valkary

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I'd use this build:

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7fnkICtChddCGCBkdilBiKrAXwH0KAq22U+6z+zH-jxRBQBiUZAe0N8gLCwV2fU6BgnAglU/xMKBJFQEjBA-e

> > > > >

> > > > > Wurm Runes sacrifice a chunk of damage even without counting the 10% boost at 90% (175 power - that's more than 5 might stacks), but you can replace them if you want. You'll definetly tell the difference though, because those 175 power will be multiplied by the ferocity with all your attacks being crits.

> > > > >

> > > > > EDIT: I forgot to change the traits. It's kinda interchangeable, there's only minute changes, but apparently the current best is use Zeal instead of Virtues:

> > > > > https://snowcrows.com/raids/guardian/dragonhunter/power/

> > > >

> > > > I will test this with both sets of runes since i can just pop in another rune and then decide on the runes Afterwards. Just to make sure build aside, armour i go https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gobrech%27s_armor but weapons and the rest i go besekers?

> > >

> > > You can take Valkyrie Amulet if you want, but yeah. pretty much that.

> > > Mind you, this is to keep damage potential maxed. You're still free to do it differently. Basically this build is just slightly off-meta, but should output the same damage, especially in a fully buffed group with plenty of Fury.

> > > In fractals and Raids i tend to have 95-100% crit rate according to ArcDPS, so it's working well for me (i do use that build with slight differences, mostly from me complicating things a bit).

> >

> > Thank you allot, you have saved me from the confusion that is ascended gear, i will definatelly be reffering to the builds that you posted and maybe play around with it while i grind for ascended, was playing mace shield all this time with vit. Health tough. But will change my gear tonite to valk exotuc and change my other things aswell so i can get into the feel of things while workung on my ascended

>

> Yeah i also made my Guard to be a tank, and used to run Soldiers armor, plus some valks and berzerker. It was tanky and drew plenty of aggro in fractals. But then raids came, and, sadly Chrono is just better for tanking, since it has a ton of utility that Guardian can't compete with, so taking a tanky guard is a waste of group DPS. So i changed it to power and has been fun, i'm usually within the top DPSers of most groups. You'll cleave trash like they're nothing, and if you play it right (do a small dodge into bosses to get inside their hitbox) you'll be doing a ton of cleave damage on bosses as well.

TBH, if you just want to feel super-tanky, play hammer, and maybe a +vit power stat set. With symbols do damage, and extended symbols, you get high enough damage output, very good cleave, and a pile of constant healing and protection. Best facetanking choice in the game.

If you want to be super-tanky, play sword and shield, and you have a nearly unlimited amount of blinds and other defensive tools, such that you should rarely if ever actually get hit by something.

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

>

> Would that stop me from moving over to FB later on?

Until you get Legendary gear to quit chasing the numbers game, the constant build changes depending on what Content/Role you are filling, you'll never have the right setup or your inventory will be "Incumbered" of different gear/weapon sets.

I run DH, full Celestial with Stars Rune/Sigil. I'm extremely happy with it and that's all that counts to me. If someone feels I'm leeching, oh well, kick me or tell me to leave. I know how to play my class properly.

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > If you're unsure about a specific role and want an all round set up, you can't go wrong with Celestial. I have no problems with it in any content especially using the Dragon Hunter specialization.

> >

> > Would that stop me from moving over to FB later on?

>

> Until you get Legendary gear to quit chasing the numbers game, the constant build changes depending on what Content/Role you are filling, you'll never have the right setup or your inventory will be "Incumbered" of different gear/weapon sets.

>

> I run DH, full Celestial with Stars Rune/Sigil. I'm extremely happy with it and that's all that counts to me. If someone feels I'm leeching, oh well, kick me or tell me to leave. I know how to play my class properly.

For someone who wants to get into raids, celestial and similar joke stats are an absolute no-go.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> HoT is a DH no condi will ever benefite DH. To aswer your question please clarify what are you going to do on your guardian? After getting PoF will you play FB or stay with DH etc.

I will be getting PoF in the next month or two, then i still need to do the whole FB skill tree. The chances are high that i will switch over to FB once the skills are complete. I know i could just inst. Lvl 80 a mesmer and go chrono for tank and get into raids that way but i really want to use my gaurdian

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > And when going for power DH do i build beserk or valkary? Or is there some other type of class i should look at? Sinve the atmour will only be completed in a few monts

>

> I'd be more careful with valkyrie gear than others in this thread. True, under optimal circumstances, you can use a load of valkyrie instead of berserker and still be crit-capped. The only advantage of valkyrie, though, is having a larger buffer for some mistakes when compared to berserker. As soon as you don't have 100% retaliation uptime anymore (and to reach that, you rely on others), your damage will take a massive hit, while the impact on berserker players is minimal. As you want to get into raids, I'd strongly recommend to ignore valkyrie and go full berserker instead. There are several reasons for that: first, you won't be dependent on the chrono or a second DH for good damage; second, berserker teaches you to be more watchful, while having extra health invites slacking; and third, there are many mechanics in raids where the extra health from valkyrie will be totally irrelevant, since they're oneshots regardless of HP.

I undersrand your point in this matter, the only reason i was looking at the valk was because it will be my first time doing raids and i will make mistakes, the idea of more health sounded safer than the less health with beserkers

Also i switched over to valk. Armour yesterday with a greate sword and septer/torch from sentinel mace/shield and sep/torch. My dps went up considribly while my survivability plummeted, i did manage to clear arah dungeon with a foll team at the end of the day after mastering the mechanics. (Both these sets are full exotic with rynes, i have asended trinkets backpack and rings all on beserk thou)

> Also if i start building beserkers or what ever ascended for DH and want to change over to other ascended for FB i can just do it in mystic forge right?

Yes, you need the insignia/inscription (Exotic version) with the stats you want, Anthology of Heroes from Milani at the forge, Globs of Ectoplasm and the gear/weapon. If I remember, you can't stat swap trinkets or the back piece.