Unfinished Content in Episode Three

Three questions:

* The Gandara meta was obviously rushed out the door to meet an internal deadline (only 1 path used, map isn't finished, final boss is VERY generic). What was the original vision for the meta and do you think you will be able to revisit and actually implement it? (primarily talking about gameplay content more than rewards, which you have already addressed)

* What are you doing to make sure this doesn't happen in the future?

* The icon for the plaguedoctor gear shows a historic plaguedoctors mask, but the armor itself is generic. Is this something else that was maybe cut due to a missed deadline? And, if so, is this something you plan to address in the future?

There are great elements in this update, but it is obvious to anyone that's played it that is isn't finished. We know you can do better, because you have done better. I love this game and really hope this isn't an indication of things to come.

> @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> Three questions:

> * The Gandara meta was obviously rushed out the door to meet an internal deadline (only 1 path used, map isn't finished, final boss is VERY generic). What was the original vision for the meta and do you think you will be able to revisit and actually implement it? (primarily talking about gameplay content more than rewards, which you have already addressed)

> * What are you doing to make sure this doesn't happen in the future?

> * The icon for the plaguedoctor gear shows a historic plaguedoctors mask, but the armor itself is generic. Is this something else that was maybe cut due to a missed deadline? And, if so, is this something you plan to address in the future?

>

> There are great elements in this update, but it is obvious to anyone that's played it that is isn't finished. We know you can do better, because you have done better. I love this game and really hope this isn't an indication of things to come.

I personally wouldn’t call it unfinished. Just because it’s lacking in some areas based on personal preferences doesn’t mean that the episode itself is incomplete. That said, I do wish they did a meta similar to HoT again.

Oh and Gandara has had three bridges for the last 12 or so years.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gandara,_the_Moon_Fortress/Map

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> > Three questions:

> > * The Gandara meta was obviously rushed out the door to meet an internal deadline (only 1 path used, map isn't finished, final boss is VERY generic). What was the original vision for the meta and do you think you will be able to revisit and actually implement it? (primarily talking about gameplay content more than rewards, which you have already addressed)

> > * What are you doing to make sure this doesn't happen in the future?

> > * The icon for the plaguedoctor gear shows a historic plaguedoctors mask, but the armor itself is generic. Is this something else that was maybe cut due to a missed deadline? And, if so, is this something you plan to address in the future?

> >

> > There are great elements in this update, but it is obvious to anyone that's played it that is isn't finished. We know you can do better, because you have done better. I love this game and really hope this isn't an indication of things to come.

>

> I personally wouldn’t call it unfinished. Just because it’s lacking in some areas based on personal preferences doesn’t mean that the episode itself is incomplete. That said, I do wish they did a meta similar to HoT again.

>

> Oh and Gandara has had three bridges for the last 12 or so years.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gandara,_the_Moon_Fortress/Map

It's more than personal preference - they themselves confirmed that it was delivered incomplete in the Reddit AMA today. I still love the game - just questioning whether or not they plan to add to it in the foreseeable future to bring it up to their original vision for the meta event.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> > Three questions:

> > * The Gandara meta was obviously rushed out the door to meet an internal deadline (only 1 path used, map isn't finished, final boss is VERY generic). What was the original vision for the meta and do you think you will be able to revisit and actually implement it? (primarily talking about gameplay content more than rewards, which you have already addressed)

> > * What are you doing to make sure this doesn't happen in the future?

> > * The icon for the plaguedoctor gear shows a historic plaguedoctors mask, but the armor itself is generic. Is this something else that was maybe cut due to a missed deadline? And, if so, is this something you plan to address in the future?

> >

> > There are great elements in this update, but it is obvious to anyone that's played it that is isn't finished. We know you can do better, because you have done better. I love this game and really hope this isn't an indication of things to come.

>

> I personally wouldn’t call it unfinished. Just because it’s lacking in some areas based on personal preferences doesn’t mean that the episode itself is incomplete. That said, I do wish they did a meta similar to HoT again.

>

> Oh and Gandara has had three bridges for the last 12 or so years.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gandara,_the_Moon_Fortress/Map

There are evidences in the map itself confirming it's cut and/or unfinished content :)

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I personally wouldn’t call it unfinished. Just because it’s lacking in some areas based on personal preferences doesn’t mean that the episode itself is incomplete.

Having just read dulfys summary of the Reddit AMA I would say that Arneanet have admitted that Gandara is unfinished.

> @"Taken from Reddit"

>Part of the reason why you can't explore the entire city was because of the time necessary to art out the entire fortress. When (not if) players figure out how to break out of the map, you'll see that much of it is lightly placed props but not nearly detailed enough for players to run though.

I broke out the map, the fortress is clearly unfinished, walls with no collisions, buildings on the mini-map but not here in reality when investigating on the place. The underground is a several mess of assets randomly rotated and positioned. When comparing the two maps, one of the three front gate is missing, the harbor is really poorly rendered, the architecture is clearly non-respected. But in same time, at the south of bay of gandara; you can find a beautiful field of Algae just like in subnautica, sad that it's not part of the actual map. Would like to heard about the original meta plan.