Melding with your pet shouldn't revive it

Nuka Cola.8520

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> Noob ranger here, so my opinion may not matter much but o be honestly I don't see the problem with SB being able to do this. In general the pet going on higher CD when it dies is kind of irrelevant in the current climate anyways. If there was no CD increase it wouldn't really have a big impact. Would being able to swap your pet every 20 seconds no matter what be able to save you from memser/theif one shot? Scourge/Mesmer condi bomb? Will it help you take down a spellbreaker or FB? Not reeally, and if you're managing your pet well it shouldn't die in the first place. All this does is make it a little less painful to manage your dumb AI pet.

>

> EDIT:

> A noob ranger observation; Wouldn't our pet dying be _similar_ to engi losing some of their essential toolbelt skills for 60s or guardian losing their virtues? The only big difference being our pet can deal some moderate passive damage. It seems like a big hit for something we don't have precise control over.

You're pretty much spot on there, bud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > @"Xenash.1245" said:

> > > > > Can someone be honest with me, and please I'm really not being sarcastic when I say this even though I know it's going to sound like it. Are pets currently in a state where any of them could be considered op?

> > > > >

> > > > > I understood how hounds or cats were good back in the day for the applications/damage they would apply to benefit the ranger, but those conditions are all but negligible in the current state of the game in my opinion. So which pet/s are genuinely considered op right now.

> > > >

> > > > There's only 1 useful pet, the smokescale. The random KD on an extremely low CD (compared to all other pets knockdowns) and the F2 stealth utility which is obviously very good.

> > >

> > > Yeah Snokescale is good. About 2% of all available terrestrial pets.

> > > Its probably annoying but its not OP.

> > > Mesmer is OP because nearly no counter exists but smokescale isnt.

> >

> > No one is saying mes is not OP. That's not the conversation here. And absolutely not saying that Smokescale is "OP". But, if you have a peek at every other pet CC, the smokescale knockdown, for some reason, is on a much lower CD than the rest. What's OP is being able to revive your pet on a 8sec CD when playing Soulbeast.

>

> First and foremost its 10s.

> Second of all: Pets are utterly underpowered and the pet revive gives them atleast somewhat of utility because you can reinstate them fast but sacrifice your Beastmode CD.

> On vanilla ranger or druid you have a 60s CD if the pet dies. Pets don't care what conditions they have or what boons you have, they move with torment, cast with confusion on and hit you when you have retal up.

> An active revive is totally fine you sacrifice burst or dmg for that because you sacrifice time on your beastmode.

> Ranger gets punished harder for bad play, it is already pubishing that you cant use the F2 on your pet when it is downed but it also does no dmg AND on top of that you get a hefty CD on a petswap you have to do except if you want to lose dmg.

> Its like having 300% longer weaponswap CD if all your skills are on CD before swapping.

>

> Personally i dont like the fact that it is exclusive to Sbeast instead of core ranger.

> Could be easily tied into healing skills.

> If your pet is down it will teleport to you when xou use a heal skill and will be heal for the corresponding amount and revived.

> This would "sacrifice" the healing skill to regain the pets skills but would give base ranger atleast the abbility to revive his compenion.

> Abd ofc remove the 60s penalty its just an outdated mechanic.

Then make core and Druid revival on 10sec. They all should be on 10sec timer or 60sec. Not SB having it 8 times faster than the other two specs.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

>

> SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

>

> SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

You could make the same argument about most classes and their elite specs.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> >

> > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

>

> lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

> @"Xenash.1245" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> >

> > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

>

> You could make the same argument about most classes and their elite specs.

core thief is good. core war is good. core guard is good. core ranger is good enough to be worth playing if you're tired of SB.

> > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > >

> > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> >

> > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

>

> Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > > >

> > > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> > >

> > > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> >

> > Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

>

> Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

roam in wvw a bit and sooner or later you'll find it.

> > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > > > >

> > > > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> > > >

> > > > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> > >

> > > Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

> >

> > Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

>

> roam in wvw a bit and sooner or later you'll find it.

I roam in WvW, and i have never find that kind of build, because druid cant have damage,resistnace to condis,one shot skills, armor and healing at same time...... i can only choose 3 specializations.......

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> > > > >

> > > > > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> > > >

> > > > Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

> > >

> > > Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

> >

> > roam in wvw a bit and sooner or later you'll find it.

>

> I roam in WvW, and i have never find that kind of build, because druid cant have damage,resistnace to condis,one shot skills, armor and healing at same time...... i can only choose 3 specializations.......

>

Druids can't one shot anything. Of course they're condi tanks, that's a given, but damage wise, SB is on another league. I haven't seen a properly played SB in over a week of roaming, but if you roam every day, i'm having a hard time believing you that you've never seen one. Its **the **duelist ranger build.

> > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> > > > >

> > > > > Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

> > > >

> > > > Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

> > >

> > > roam in wvw a bit and sooner or later you'll find it.

> >

> > I roam in WvW, and i have never find that kind of build, because druid cant have damage,resistnace to condis,one shot skills, armor and healing at same time...... i can only choose 3 specializations.......

> >

>

> Druids can't one shot anything. Of course they're condi tanks, that's a given, but damage wise, SB is on another league. I haven't seen a properly played SB in over a week of roaming, but if you roam every day, i'm having a hard time believing you that you've never seen one. Its **the **duelist ranger build.

if you let the SB to pew pew from 1500, yeah, you are dead, if you go into melee range the normal outcome is a dead SB.

If this has something to do with having trouble vs a certain soul beast build in wvw we could always throw some advice out there if you need it, not saying you do. But as for the whole gimmicky unblockable rapid fire from down the field, yeah it can be annoying but there are ways of dealing with. Two of which simply involve walking away or simply engaging quickly onto the ranger since they're channeling a rather long skill.

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

> > > > >

> > > > > Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

> > > >

> > > > roam in wvw a bit and sooner or later you'll find it.

> > >

> > > I roam in WvW, and i have never find that kind of build, because druid cant have damage,resistnace to condis,one shot skills, armor and healing at same time...... i can only choose 3 specializations.......

> > >

> >

> > Druids can't one shot anything. Of course they're condi tanks, that's a given, but damage wise, SB is on another league. I haven't seen a properly played SB in over a week of roaming, but if you roam every day, i'm having a hard time believing you that you've never seen one. Its **the **duelist ranger build.

>

> if you let the SB to pew pew from 1500, yeah, you are dead, if you go into melee range the normal outcome is a dead SB.

That is if you play against a garbage SB. You go in melee range they get evades, blocks and lots of damage you gotta watch out for. Then its a stealth disengage and they're at 1500 against. Its just like the cheesy pre nerf druid staff/LB but with even more damage at melee and long range.

> @"Xenash.1245" said:

> If this has something to do with having trouble vs a certain soul beast build in wvw we could always throw some advice out there if you need it, not saying you do. But as for the whole gimmicky unblockable rapid fire from down the field, yeah it can be annoying but there are ways of dealing with. Two of which simply involve walking away or simply engaging quickly onto the ranger since they're channeling a rather long skill.

Or you can dodge it lol

> > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

> > > > >

> > > > > roam in wvw a bit and sooner or later you'll find it.

> > > >

> > > > I roam in WvW, and i have never find that kind of build, because druid cant have damage,resistnace to condis,one shot skills, armor and healing at same time...... i can only choose 3 specializations.......

> > > >

> > >

> > > Druids can't one shot anything. Of course they're condi tanks, that's a given, but damage wise, SB is on another league. I haven't seen a properly played SB in over a week of roaming, but if you roam every day, i'm having a hard time believing you that you've never seen one. Its **the **duelist ranger build.

> >

> > if you let the SB to pew pew from 1500, yeah, you are dead, if you go into melee range the normal outcome is a dead SB.

>

> That is if you play against a garbage SB. You go in melee range they get evades, blocks and lots of damage you gotta watch out for. Then its a stealth disengage and they're at 1500 against. Its just like the cheesy pre nerf druid staff/LB but with even more damage at melee and long range.

Thought we were talking about Berserker SB.

You should stop fighting against the golems, seriously, all classes have evades,blocks and lots of damage, if you are using bow to pew pew, you only have 1 set of weapons for melee range, if you cant disengage, you are dead, because usually bow in close combat is bad, to have stealth and to be able to disengage arent the same thing, ranger doesnt have tp, if you have gazelle you can use f2 and perhaps if you have 2hs#3, then you can try to disengage, it is easy to disengage from guardians or necros, but it is a bit more difficult to do it from Mesmers,Holo,Thief,Warrior,Rev.

Ranger berserker is bad for Roaming, you can kill people but usually any normal player will kill you 1 vs 1 , because there are better classes for roam than Ranger.

normal Mirage will kill you.

normal SB will kill you.

normal Holo will kill you.

normal thjef will kill you.

sry but 1 by 1 and when you face someone as good as yourself, ranger is focked if they can enter close combat against you.

Ofc you will be able to kill trash players and sometimes you can kill good players, but it sometimes is a matter of luck (the skill you interrupts, your crits, your evades, his evades), but the normal outcome is that in WvW SB berserker is a bad class for solo Roaming.

> > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > >

> > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> >

> > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

>

> Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

It's not immediately obvious unless you're a big fan of a certain youtuber, but core ranger can also 1-shot... in fact... it's tied to their pet f2 ability, which on Tiger or Rock Gazelle can be boosted enough with traits and shouts and maul to do over 30k damage in a single hit. No one bothers because, Like the soulbeast build that does this, you have to invest so all-in on damage that the ranger itself dissolves like tissue paper under a faucet. Also pet is not unkillable by any stretch of the imagination... they have no real defenses. It shouldn't take you longer than a second or two of focus to kill one, if you're actually worried about it.

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Or..this just could be something unique to Soulbeast? Neither Core Ranger nor Soulbeast can turn into a celestial avatar for example. Different elite specs are different. I suppose the argument should be, what advantage does core ranger have over Druid / SB, as I'm one of those who thinks elite specs should be different than core, but not necessarily a straight upgrade.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > SB is already significantly stronger (especially since the last buff to SB) than core and Druid. You don't need a pet revival on 8sec CD.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > lol that's because core ranger is obsolete by at least 3 years or more (like almost every class at this point) and Druid has been nerfed into the dirt compared to other classes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Core is far from obsolete, but soulbeast is simply better. Druid was overnerfed. So why does SB have much better damage than the other two, almost as good condi management as Druid, have one of the best mobility in the game and have one shot potential from stealth? As if this wasn't enough, your pet is pretty much unkillable.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Im curious about that superbuild that all people cry of, i means, seems that some people are able to use a ranger build with damage,cond resist,armor,healing power and is able to one shot people, could i know whatkind of build would be that?? i means, is fo cki ng imposible ......

> > > > > >

> > > > > > roam in wvw a bit and sooner or later you'll find it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I roam in WvW, and i have never find that kind of build, because druid cant have damage,resistnace to condis,one shot skills, armor and healing at same time...... i can only choose 3 specializations.......

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Druids can't one shot anything. Of course they're condi tanks, that's a given, but damage wise, SB is on another league. I haven't seen a properly played SB in over a week of roaming, but if you roam every day, i'm having a hard time believing you that you've never seen one. Its **the **duelist ranger build.

> > >

> > > if you let the SB to pew pew from 1500, yeah, you are dead, if you go into melee range the normal outcome is a dead SB.

> >

> > That is if you play against a garbage SB. You go in melee range they get evades, blocks and lots of damage you gotta watch out for. Then its a stealth disengage and they're at 1500 against. Its just like the cheesy pre nerf druid staff/LB but with even more damage at melee and long range.

>

> Thought we were talking about Berserker SB.

>

> You should stop fighting against the golems, seriously, all classes have evades,blocks and lots of damage, if you are using bow to pew pew, you only have 1 set of weapons for melee range, if you cant disengage, you are dead, because usually bow in close combat is bad, to have stealth and to be able to disengage arent the same thing, ranger doesnt have tp, if you have gazelle you can use f2 and perhaps if you have 2hs#3, then you can try to disengage, it is easy to disengage from guardians or necros, but it is a bit more difficult to do it from Mesmers,Holo,Thief,Warrior,Rev.

>

> Ranger berserker is bad for Roaming, you can kill people but usually any normal player will kill you 1 vs 1 , because there are better classes for roam than Ranger.

>

> normal Mirage will kill you.

> normal SB will kill you.

> normal Holo will kill you.

> normal thjef will kill you.

>

> sry but 1 by 1 and when you face someone as good as yourself, ranger is focked if they can enter close combat against you.

>

> Ofc you will be able to kill trash players and sometimes you can kill good players, but it sometimes is a matter of luck (the skill you interrupts, your crits, your evades, his evades), but the normal outcome is that in WvW SB berserker is a bad class for solo Roaming.

There is not reason to roam on SB in zerker gear unless you're only there to one shot people from keeps etc. If you roam, you're mostly running full marauder.

I'm getting lost as to what point is being made here, so far I guess we've established that the ranger can do some damage with rapid fire but I don't see how this pertains to anything at all up to this point. I can throw out possible solutions as to how you can counter a soul beast in a given situation, but if this is going to devolve into just complaining about something the soulbeast might have the works decently well I just have to say stop it.

Soulbeast is relatively useless for most roles in WvW and even if people are coming out with "Decent" builds to roam with, you're still going to beaten by any have competent players rolling with the general roaming classes in WvW. In comparison to the soulbeast here I could throw out that there's some decent roaming reaper builds for WvW, but just as the soulbeast they're going to get destroyed by the general roaming classes we've seen for quite some time.

Considering how mediocre ranger pets are to begin with, I'd say the issue here is the 60 second cooldown of swapping when your pet is dead. I agree there's too big a disconnect between the 8 second mark and the 20 second mark for non-soul beast rangers and the 60 second mark. That 60 seconds needs to come down. That's a ridiculous penalty for a profession that's supposed to get a third of its damage from the pet.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> Considering how mediocre ranger pets are to begin with, I'd say the issue here is the 60 second cooldown of swapping when your pet is dead. I agree there's too big a disconnect between the 8 second mark and the 20 second mark for non-soul beast rangers and the 60 second mark. That 60 seconds needs to come down. That's a ridiculous penalty for a profession that's supposed to get a third of its damage from the pet.

I suggested it being 30sec over three years ago, but the 60sec are here to stay. Pets die insanely quickly in aoe from engi, mes etc, so having them on lower revival CD would be fine for all ranger specs. But not 8sec fine. That's what you'd call an unkillable pet.

Beastmode is on a 10 second cooldown, *please* . For anyone trying to make a point, saying it's 8 seconds will discredit you quite a bit because it sounds like you *don't know the ranger well enough to know a basic cooldown* . You'll come off as 'i got beat by a ranger and i'm here to whine' even if you have a solid point.

10 seconds

Thx.