Reaper Bow

Dace.8173

I was playing through an event when an Elementalist summoned an Ice Bow. So I picked up the spare and started shooting and realized it might be fun if Necromancer had a bow, either long or short. It could fire arrows of ghostly and ghastly energy. Thoughts? I think the Staff is the only long-range option that Necromancers have and it would be nice to have a long range option that didn't require laying down marks as the only other option to hitting 1 over and over again.

If Deadeye didn't already have the Supernatural theme behind it, I would pitched the "Death's Enforcer" scheme.

But if we're going with the Ranged aspect, I'd love to tool around with an idea where the Necro can project its Shroud onto an enemy, build it around a tether mechanic (copies incoming boons from the Target, and sends copies of incoming conditions). Paired with the Longbow, it turns the attacks skills into AOE around the Tethered target. But holy cow would this seriously make being near support builds dangerous.

Forget bows, GIVE NECROMANCER A GUN.

More seriously, so reaper is necromancer/dervish or necromancer/warrior, scourge is necromancer/ritualist, in terms of the next profession following the same class combining theme I would prefer something like elementalist or thief or mesmer or enginer, but necromancer/ranger could have some potential

> @"Tobias.8632" said:

> Forget bows, GIVE NECROMANCER A GUN.

>

> More seriously, so reaper is necromancer/dervish or necromancer/warrior, scourge is necromancer/ritualist, in terms of the next profession following the same class combining theme I would prefer something like elementalist or thief or mesmer or enginer, but necromancer/ranger could have some potential

A gun doesn't fix the problem I currently have with the weapon options, no long range outside of the staff which is somewhat underwhelming when it comes to long range action. Axe and Scepter both fill the role a gun would have. I could go with a necromantic rifle of death or a melee weapon that has long range options, like the Revenant hammer. But I really do wish there was at least one more long range option.

I dont have problem with longrange weapons but Axe Is 900 aoe without projectiles And i Think Its pretty nice. Scepter Is 600-900 i dont remember actually And thats pretty nice too. To close range we have only greatslowsword bound to reaper And *caugh* dagger.. So another close range weapon would be cool. 1-3 target sword wet dreams. I know that closerange Will maybe suck in PVP/wvw but maybe if shroud(i hope fór something between shroud And sandshades) support it. I have no problem.

Having a preconception of how a new weapon should work (and look) leads to disappointment.

Necro has needed a long ranged power weapon since 2012 but do you think that will happen?

What if an expac rifle had skills based on launching Jagged Horrors like a potato gun where the range is 1200 but is also a collection of everything wrong with minions and Death Magic while being as annoying to use as Engi's 'nades, save the JH's would only explode after 30 seconds, if traited?

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Having a preconception of how a new weapon should work (and look) leads to disappointment.

>

> Necro has needed a long ranged power weapon since 2012 but do you think that will happen?

>

> What if an expac rifle had skills based on launching Jagged Horrors like a potato gun where the range is 1200 but is also a collection of everything wrong with minions and Death Magic while being as annoying to use as Engi's 'nades, save the JH's would only explode after 30 seconds, if traited?

Or imagine rifle being made a melee weapon by anet. Just look at rev hammer

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Having a preconception of how a new weapon should work (and look) leads to disappointment.

>

> Necro has needed a long ranged power weapon since 2012 but do you think that will happen?

>

> What if an expac rifle had skills based on launching Jagged Horrors like a potato gun where the range is 1200 but is also a collection of everything wrong with minions and Death Magic while being as annoying to use as Engi's 'nades, save the JH's would only explode after 30 seconds, if traited?

Necrozooka incoming!

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I want a hammer to smash my opponents faces.

>

> And soulless horror as a necromancer already uses a hammer...

>

I dig that.

Power Reaper would be super fun and I bet they could make the animations match up with the necormancer... Like a ground smash that acts similar to Grasping Dead [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grasping_Dead](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grasping_Dead "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grasping_Dead")

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> I dont have problem with longrange weapons but Axe Is 900 aoe without projectiles And i Think Its pretty nice. Scepter Is 600-900 i dont remember actually And thats pretty nice too. To close range we have only greatslowsword bound to reaper And *caugh* dagger.. So another close range weapon would be cool. 1-3 target sword wet dreams. I know that closerange Will maybe suck in PVP/wvw but maybe if shroud(i hope fór something between shroud And sandshades) support it. I have no problem.

I'm not saying the axe is bad. It's actually a fairly good weapon. But in terms of close-range, we really three, dagger, axe, and great sword. I use axe all the time in close range combat and it performs just as well at close range as it does at mid-range. I'm not sure why greatsword being bound to Reaper is a problem since the sword you propose would be bound to whatever Elite it came with. However, we really do lack long-range options, hence the longbow. At present we just have the staff and it's only actual attack is just the first ability. All the rest are Wells and that isn't always a good attack. When it comes to mid to short range we actually have several weapons to pick from. Long-range though, just the one.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

>

>

All I'm really asking for is just a new long-range option. I'm open to it being a lot of things at this point, just so long as I stop having to get to mid-range if I want to use more effective weapons.

Necro bow would be pretty cool.

Some skill type concepts,

An auto-attack that spider webs to multiple targets behind stealing endurance from each.

A piercing arrow that magically chains together all stuck, causes some type of chain gang effect.

A barrage type skill that places a large pulsing mark at a location causing lifesteal 5xdamage:1xheal on foes activating skills.

A retreat/evading shadowstep shot.

A splinter shot that hits target and pulls 4 foes to them.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > I dont have problem with longrange weapons but Axe Is 900 aoe without projectiles And i Think Its pretty nice. Scepter Is 600-900 i dont remember actually And thats pretty nice too. To close range we have only greatslowsword bound to reaper And *caugh* dagger.. So another close range weapon would be cool. 1-3 target sword wet dreams. I know that closerange Will maybe suck in PVP/wvw but maybe if shroud(i hope fór something between shroud And sandshades) support it. I have no problem.

>

> I'm not saying the axe is bad. It's actually a fairly good weapon. But in terms of close-range, we really three, dagger, axe, and great sword. I use axe all the time in close range combat and it performs just as well at close range as it does at mid-range. I'm not sure why greatsword being bound to Reaper is a problem since the sword you propose would be bound to whatever Elite it came with. However, we really do lack long-range options, hence the longbow. At present we just have the staff and it's only actual attack is just the first ability. All the rest are Wells and that isn't always a good attack. When it comes to mid to short range we actually have several weapons to pick from. Long-range though, just the one.

Well dagger, staff,axe,scepter, 0-1200-900-900.

I think necro have lot of ranged stuff(scourge too). and 300+AOE isnt that big deal and if we take shroud for longrange i think it will be just core shroud 2.0

I think if we get good close weapon, no shroud and just class will be harder to play but you could be viable(pvp, pve)

It will be cool. Longbow gameplay will be borring as Soulbeasts pew pew with unblock. No to ez play

> @"Virelion.4128" said:

> Imo guns are not fitting for necro at all. I just want high mobility spectre or wraith themed 1h sword specialization

It's not that I don't share your wish about a high mobility spec but I disagree about guns not being fit for a necromancer. In the end, the weapon is just a tool, it's form isn't the most important. A gun is just a wand with a different form than a scepter in the hands of a magic user. And in fact, high mobility is more unlikely than a gun based on the image that anet seem to have of a necromancer.