Gathering tool disappointment :(

> @"aandiarie.7195" said:

> For 6 maps in a row anet made it look like unbound magic was going to be a big important thing. I bought the unbound magic gathering tools ( which were spendy ) Anet now made volatile magic the big important thing. If I'd have know they were going to not keep with the unbound magic I'd have held off and bought the volatile magic tools. ALSO now that they've added those things that can give you cloth, leather, or wood. Some of the tools I bought have something like that on it, but certain tools had nothing extra about them. Example I bought a watchwork gathering tool ( gives off sprockets sometimes), but the molten one gives off nothing. I wondered if maybe anet can make it so something is attached to the ones in the gem store. Sort of a waste to not have anything on the tool if you buy it from the gem store.

Yes this was quite annoying as unbound magic lost its relevance. The glyph feature is nice, so you could swap out the unbound glyph for another one... but new glyphs are not particularly easy to obtain either.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"aandiarie.7195" said:

> I don't want a tool refund lol. I just thought that unbound magic was going to be a big big thing when the tools came out and that it'd be a currency to use for our maps. When volatile magic came out I was very sad. :( Someone's idea on here to turn them into glyphs is genuis. I know now for next time not to get those tools from the gem store. :/ I just want a way to convert unbound magic to volatile magic OR for them to turn the tools into glyphs we can put on our other tools or something else.

Again, if you think that unbound magic isn't a 'big big thing', you aren't paying attention to the kinds of things you can get with it. Depending on what you want to buy, it's certain a big big thing.

When Tier 6 mats go up in value (up to 50s each when a legendary people wants is released) is when the unbound magic is at its most valuable. Buy the 50S magic bundles at a vendor, open and resell mats. You can make your G back easy.

Also using the unbound magic and map resources to buy amulets and other trinkets to salvage them in hopes of getting the rare drops is pretty nice too.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> Legendary crafting is quite a long process, so you'll aquire sufficient amounts of karma to use at Balthys temple or other merchants. > Meh.

That is (a) if you enjoy doing those events, and (b) if you don't have other use for karma (and the new LWS episodes all require karma for minis, gimmicks etc.).

> As already stated by people like Illconceived, VM is vastly more valuable for materials than UM, which results UM being > Meh.

UM is much easier to come by, though. :)

> Sorry, but at least for me, the main-use for UM will always be trinkets, since the rest isn't really worth it.

And I will always disgree with that stance. ;)