How long does it take.

I out in a ticket with support a week ago to have my guild name changed and the only thing I have heard was immediately after I put in the ticket I got an email saying it was received but nothing since. Does it take this long just to change a name on a guild?

> @"Tazzvon.8901" said:

> I out in a ticket with support a week ago to have my guild name changed and the only thing I have heard was immediately after I put in the ticket I got an email saying it was received but nothing since. Does it take this long just to change a name on a guild?

Support is extremely backed up right now, due to a surge of demand for their time, an unexpected influx of new players bringing more support requests, and some people having rather foolish ideas about how to get a faster response to their tickets. (pro tip: creating throw-away email addresses and using those to create even more duplicate reports of your problem will **not** get you faster service, it will just annoy the CS team and waste their time.)

The current delay is between 10 and 20 days, depending on the issue, and they are processed in roughly first come first served order. (Some issues do get higher priority treatment, like account lockout and payment issues.)

ANet have said they are bringing on more CS people to help with the increased load, but of course, hiring and training them takes time, and at least some of that time has to come from the CS people who would otherwise be working on tickets, so it is no magic bullet.

This is an unfortunate abberation: until a month or so ago when this started, CS support response times were less than 24 hours. :(

Understood. I am coming back from a 2 year break and I do remember support being quick. Glad to hear about the influx of new players having to hire more people due to overload of work is a good thing in most businese.

Thank you for the response I will just be patient.

> @"Tazzvon.8901" said:

> Understood. I am coming back from a 2 year break and I do remember support being quick. Glad to hear about the influx of new players having to hire more people due to overload of work is a good thing in most businese.

>

> Thank you for the response I will just be patient.

Yeah, I expect them to get back there, too. It's just taking a while.