Anything interesting that didn't make the final cut?

Hi there, [i made this post last time](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/32528/cut-content-anything-interesting "I made this post last time") asking about anything interesting that was cut from the previous living world release. While there was a post asking about some narrative decisions that got altered (with some fascinating and in depth answers), I wanted to ask about some other stuff that was interesting and either was altered because it didn't fit or was cut because other stuff had to be focused on.

And while I do understand that there is a lot of tension on the forums with regards to cut content and the release, I ask only with the most genuine curiosity because it's super exciting to see how things were altered (such as last time, Boticca being the initial villain of the episode rang as a huge and interesting surprise, as well as all the biomes that were excluded from the central island) and just how the development process as a whole works.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

I'll quote this one from another thread, which whilst I find quite saddening, prob fits the sort of the thing you are looking for

> @"PeterFries.1057" said:

> We originally planned some content where you were researching Joko's past in order to find his weakness, a way to defeat his immortality. That honestly wasn't anywhere near as compelling as the storyline we released. We've seen it demonstrated again and again that Joko rewrote Elonian history and embellished his omnipotence over the generations in order to subjugate his citizens. Why shouldn't the Commander (who has killed two Elder Dragons and a god) just assume the tales of this tyrant's immortality weren't as phony as any of his other lies?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I'll quote this one from another thread, which whilst I find quite saddening, prob fits the sort of the thing you are looking for

>

> > @"PeterFries.1057" said:

> > We originally planned some content where you were researching Joko's past in order to find his weakness, a way to defeat his immortality. That honestly wasn't anywhere near as compelling as the storyline we released. We've seen it demonstrated again and again that Joko rewrote Elonian history and embellished his omnipotence over the generations in order to subjugate his citizens. Why shouldn't the Commander (who has killed two Elder Dragons and a god) just assume the tales of this tyrant's immortality weren't as phony as any of his other lies?

>

Ooooooo that does. I can see why they cut it (and agree that the present story was more compelling) but I also agree that it would have been cool to see.

It would have been cool to also see the commander/Dragon's Watch getting frustrated 'wasting time reading' while the threat of the scarab plague grew larger and ever present.