Joko! Why? (Spoilers)

"Praise Joko" has become nothing more than a bandwagon catchphrase these days. I agree his story was dealt with quick and fast, too much so in my opinion. Letting him monologue, like every stereotypical villain, didn't make the final encounter with him any more interesting or dramatic. And Joko being likeable? He was an immortal tyrant and a theatrical dramaqueen. Personally I'm glad he's finally gone, but I wish there was more than 1 LW episode that dealt with it. Basically all we do is decide he's a risk, gather our armies and allies, raid his place and kill the guy. We're now being assisted by 3 Asuran tech geniuses who basically make short work of any perceived obstacle that's in our way. Storywise (not game play wise) is was too fast and too easy, but on the other hand I'm glad we can now go on to other issues.

This is not so much a criticism as it is an opinion. I do realize that a story that is drawn out over several releases that are at least 3 months apart can quickly make things feel dragged out longer than they need to be. So compromises probably had to be made.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> To summarize @"Danikat.8537"'s excellent synopsis: the reports of Joko's fourth (or is it fifth?) undeath have been exaggerated. (Or ... maybe not?)

>

> I agree: if ANet wants to bring back Joko, it wouldn't take any major contortions or retcon.

>

>

He would make a good character in Supernatural, with that death record...

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

>

> > Edit: yes I do think he's dead now too, because the focus of this expansion is Kralkatork, and he's the elder dragon we need to kill, ...

>

> You not following the story. We not killing any dragon anymore. Joko's dead is a twist that makes us wonder if commander is getting retired or? what is next?

>

Kralk will more than likely end up being killed because of how much power he has and replaced by Aurene, that has kinda been implied a few times.

I consider Joko to be the more interesting antagonist because he has a personality. Now I am not a member of the cult of Joko. He could have been much better written, but he was an antagonist while the dragons, for the most part, are obstacles. Forces of nature rather than opposing personalities.

I am not opposed to the idea of forces of nature as the primary opposition in a story, but I had hoped that they would have been supported by more relatable champions to act as the true antagonists. An avalanche lacks personality. Its hard to love to hate an earthquake. Its difficult to secretly hope that maybe, just for a little bit, the tornado might win for once.