Conquest Tutorial

Kolmena.2416

> @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> It will eithet never be implemented or very late.

>

> Even tough such a complicated gamemode definately needs it

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but, there is actually a lot of complexity that can be added to a 3-way capture the point mode. 1-3-1 and 2-0-3 and other strategies that differ from the usual 1-4-0 (home-mid-far) are all viable under the right conditions and decisions of changing this strategy to match the opponent's team and their own strategies creates some pretty rad graphs in game theory. Players fighting off-point at the wrong time and heading far after they win mid and the whole enemy team is heading back to their own home to regroup is a stellar example of completely failing to realize such nuances (not claiming the person I quoted does this, just point out to others that yes, this actually needs a tutorial for people to know the basics of the very complex problem of filling 3 points with 5 players).

At the start of the game a mini UI box already explains the game objective and also uses pretty good language to highlight that capturing points is worth more than killing enemy players. Anyone with common sense will learn, just like in any other game, the basic 1-4-0, 1-3-1, 2-0-3 openers fairly quickly and that rushing far after mid and over-extending etc will lead to you dying and losing the nodes that you just captured. And also just like any other game, the people who WANT to compete and climb rank will find these forums, metabattle, gods-of-pvp, youtube guides etc.

The players who don't care about competing and climbing won't search for these things, and you can write all the tutorials you want, but they will just ignore them. Luckily GW2 has an unranked mode for these casual players, and there is no reason for them to play ranked - err wait, there IS a reason, those dumb PIP rewards. Removing the PIP rewards will bring you the player game knowledge results that you want in ranked much faster than a convoluted tutorial will, and is also much more likely to happen since it's a pretty simple change.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> > @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> > It will eithet never be implemented or very late.

> >

> > Even tough such a complicated gamemode definately needs it

>

> I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but, there is actually a lot of complexity that can be added to a 3-way capture the point mode. 1-3-1 and 2-0-3 and other strategies that differ from the usual 1-4-0 (home-mid-far) are all viable under the right conditions and decisions of changing this strategy to match the opponent's team and their own strategies creates some pretty rad graphs in game theory. Players fighting off-point at the wrong time and heading far after they win mid and the whole enemy team is heading back to their own home to regroup is a stellar example of completely failing to realize such nuances (not claiming the person I quoted does this, just point out to others that yes, this actually needs a tutorial for people to know the basics of the very complex problem of filling 3 points with 5 players).

I wasnt bieng sarcastic. I completely agree. I genuinely believe he tutorial is needed. It can atleast teach basic concepts. I mean u can teach so much without having to go in things that require insight or experience like qqmors.net this is what the tutorial mode should be.

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> At the start of the game a mini UI box already explains the game objective and also uses pretty good language to highlight that capturing points is worth more than killing enemy players. Anyone with common sense will learn, just like in any other game, the basic 1-4-0, 1-3-1, 2-0-3 openers fairly quickly and that rushing far after mid and over-extending etc will lead to you dying and losing the nodes that you just captured. And also just like any other game, the people who WANT to compete and climb rank will find these forums, metabattle, gods-of-pvp, youtube guides etc.

>

> The players who don't care about competing and climbing won't search for these things, and you can write all the tutorials you want, but they will just ignore them. Luckily GW2 has an unranked mode for these casual players, and there is no reason for them to play ranked - err wait, there IS a reason, those dumb PIP rewards. Removing the PIP rewards will bring you the player game knowledge results that you want in ranked much faster than a convoluted tutorial will, and is also much more likely to happen since it's a pretty simple change.

I'd be all for removing pip rewards for losses (keeping the reward track completion however), as long as pips from winning are grossly increased.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> > @"Sampson.2403" said:

> > At the start of the game a mini UI box already explains the game objective and also uses pretty good language to highlight that capturing points is worth more than killing enemy players. Anyone with common sense will learn, just like in any other game, the basic 1-4-0, 1-3-1, 2-0-3 openers fairly quickly and that rushing far after mid and over-extending etc will lead to you dying and losing the nodes that you just captured. And also just like any other game, the people who WANT to compete and climb rank will find these forums, metabattle, gods-of-pvp, youtube guides etc.

> >

> > The players who don't care about competing and climbing won't search for these things, and you can write all the tutorials you want, but they will just ignore them. Luckily GW2 has an unranked mode for these casual players, and there is no reason for them to play ranked - err wait, there IS a reason, those dumb PIP rewards. Removing the PIP rewards will bring you the player game knowledge results that you want in ranked much faster than a convoluted tutorial will, and is also much more likely to happen since it's a pretty simple change.

>

> I'd be all for removing pip rewards for losses (keeping the reward track completion however), as long as pips from winning are grossly increased.

Yah thats a good idea. And maybe also make it more attractive to want to climb rank by offering even more pips as you increase between the rank tiers.