So are the HoT masteries useless outside of getting map completion for HoT?

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> I'll assume this has been stated, but Masteries don't actually contribute to map completion, except in so far as Gliding, Mushroom Jumping and Wallows allow for easier traversal of the zone, and may grant access to certain HPs.

You need Itzel Poison Lore to grab at least one of the HP.

If you want to make a Gen 2 legendary, you will need your basic HoT masteries maxed out.

Gliding is often enabled in no-mount zones and can save you from death by falling.

When you are in combat and can't deploy a mount, you can still jump off a cliff (or even a downhill slope) to escape on your glider.

If you want to do the specialization collections for elite specs, stealth gliding is required for some of them.

Gliding allows you to stealth yourself. Can be quite usefull in some story-instances where you can glide.

To be honest, I don't understand why they wouldn't implement cross-masteries. It certainly would be amiss if you needed HoT-masteries for PoF and vice versa, but seeing both mastery-trees interact...now that would be interesting.

Using the vines from draconis mons while drifting with your beetle to get through the tightest corners. Shoot yourself and your griffon out of a geyser like the ones in ember bay to reach travel-heights immediately. Get a red circle on the ground before a canid bursts out of the ground, if you got the HoT stealth detection.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > I'll assume this has been stated, but Masteries don't actually contribute to map completion, except in so far as Gliding, Mushroom Jumping and Wallows allow for easier traversal of the zone, and may grant access to certain HPs.

>

> You need Itzel Poison Lore to grab at least one of the HP.

This isn't actually true anymore. I'm uncertain if the poison still guards a mastery, but they aren't locking any HPs behind poison