New player finished main story so I want to talk about Tonn

Lazytophat.4382

So first off, I thought his name was Tom for the longest time until after his death. Now his death is what I want to discuss. Tonn was master demolishionist who died taking down that orrn ship. The mission goes where you sneak past the risen and plant the bomb. After returning to the coast you start to detonate the bomb only to realize that is has malfunctioned, Tonn then goes to fix the bomb and allow you to blow up the ship. After the detonator goes green you shortly use it destroying the ship but the fate of Tonn is unknown. you seek out Tonn only to find his corpse floating in the water. Now here is what I think is suspicious

1. He was a master demolisionist, it seems improbable that he was killed by his own bomb.

2. Why was his body floating in the water? Human bodies don't float in water once they have been killed until the skin has absorded the water and bloated. Granted Tonn was an Asuran but you would think that he would be sinking with all that equiptment on him.

3. Why was he so adamant in resetting the bomb by himself? The MC goes with him the first time to set up the bomb so why wouldn't he allow MC to accompany him again?

I suspect Tonn's death was the cause of fowl play. Perhaps Cerca was the one behind this, his fiance got sick of him and decided to poison him, or perhaps he was cheating and she took vengence on him somehow with a curse. What do you think befell poor Tom I mean Tonn

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> 1) Like it doesn't happen all the time. Being a demolitionist doesn't make you immune to explosions.

> 2) Cannon blasts were used for a long time to make bodies float. The shockwave creates air bubbles on tissue lowering the density.

> 3) Cause it's his responsibility.

you didnt have to take it so seriously :(

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > @"Rognik.2579" said:

> > > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > > I suspect Tonn's death was the cause of fowl play.

> > I can assure you that no birds of any kind were responsible for Tonn's death.

>

> We're going to need some proof there, buddy.

he might be hiding something, the conspiracy continues

> @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> 1. He was a master demolisionist, it seems improbable that he was killed by his own bomb.

Obviously he was a master demolishionist but not a master survivor.

Btw. if you want to keep him safe (or rather not getting involved in the bomb missions at all) when repeating the story with another character you have to choose another answer when talking to the pale tree at the end of chapter VI than "death of an innocent" as your biggest fear.

> @"Lanhelin.3480" said:

> > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > 1. He was a master demolisionist, it seems improbable that he was killed by his own bomb.

>

> Obviously he was a master demolishionist but not a master survivor.

>

> Btw. if you want to keep him safe (or rather not getting involved in the bomb missions at all) when repeating the story with another character you have to choose another answer when talking to the pale tree at the end of chapter VI than "death of an innocent" as your biggest fear.

ah fuk rip tonn cause i choose it with eeni meeni minni mo

> @"Lanhelin.3480" said:

> > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > 1. He was a master demolisionist, it seems improbable that he was killed by his own bomb.

>

> Obviously he was a master demolishionist but not a master survivor.

>

> Btw. if you want to keep him safe (or rather not getting involved in the bomb missions at all) when repeating the story with another character you have to choose another answer when talking to the pale tree at the end of chapter VI than "death of an innocent" as your biggest fear.

Technically, he still dies. It's just that the Commander wasn't present. Same with every story arch in the PS.

> @"KrivukasLT.3507" said:

> Yeah but if PC is not reaponaible for his death his fiance will be selling some stuff in HOT's map auric basin, but if PC is responaible then she still hold grudge and wont speak with you.

the mangy shite had the nerve to run from me calling me a monster then begged for help when she gets attacked by arisen. Do I really have to save her? :thinking