Power Reaper's problem is still going to be mostly about gravedigger(PvE edition)

Warscythes.9307

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> GS and RS base damage are fine. It's getting ridiculous. 8k tooltip damage for RS4 and still the bottom of the dps chart - just think about that!

>

> GS auto already deals 10% more damage than dagger (20% if you add the chill on auto3), hits more targets and the weapon has 4 additional dps skills which are buffed further and further while dagger is wet noodle playstyle by definition. At least dagger2 now deals the same damage like a dagger auto rotation in the same time (2s) at 600 range, but this makes the auto even more useless

>

> Necro needs more trait modifiers to improve everything and not just one single weapon. Awaken the pain was a good start...

>

> Currently power reaper is too one-dimensional!

The trait that thief got would fit perfectly for necro. 2% more dmg for each unique condition on the enemy.

Which is a flat 14-18% dmg buff in raids!!!!

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > GS and RS base damage are fine. It's getting ridiculous. 8k tooltip damage for RS4 and still the bottom of the dps chart - just think about that!

> >

> > GS auto already deals 10% more damage than dagger (20% if you add the chill on auto3), hits more targets and the weapon has 4 additional dps skills which are buffed further and further while dagger is wet noodle playstyle by definition. At least dagger2 now deals the same damage like a dagger auto rotation in the same time (2s) at 600 range, but this makes the auto even more useless

> >

> > Necro needs more trait modifiers to improve everything and not just one single weapon. Awaken the pain was a good start...

> >

> > Currently power reaper is too one-dimensional!

>

> The trait that thief got would fit perfectly for necro. 2% more dmg for each unique condition on the enemy.

> Which is a flat 14-18% dmg buff in raids!!!!

Yes, that trait we use to have before the specialization update that was then replaced by +2% crit for each condi. We need it back more than thief needs it.

Also +5% dagger damage on their dagger trait too.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > GS and RS base damage are fine. It's getting ridiculous. 8k tooltip damage for RS4 and still the bottom of the dps chart - just think about that!

> > >

> > > GS auto already deals 10% more damage than dagger (20% if you add the chill on auto3), hits more targets and the weapon has 4 additional dps skills which are buffed further and further while dagger is wet noodle playstyle by definition. At least dagger2 now deals the same damage like a dagger auto rotation in the same time (2s) at 600 range, but this makes the auto even more useless

> > >

> > > Necro needs more trait modifiers to improve everything and not just one single weapon. Awaken the pain was a good start...

> > >

> > > Currently power reaper is too one-dimensional!

> >

> > The trait that thief got would fit perfectly for necro. 2% more dmg for each unique condition on the enemy.

> > Which is a flat 14-18% dmg buff in raids!!!!

>

> Yes, that trait we use to have before the specialization update that was then replaced by +2% crit for each condi. We need it back more than thief needs it.

> Also +5% dagger damage on their dagger trait too.

I mean thats a problem. It Seems like a necro is only class where "theme" is for devs important. For other 8classes is ok if they get something that didnt fit at all and everybody is ok with it.

All these ninja heavy armor classes who just blink or fly around like flash. Half of the classes in invisibility. Meh :D

Its like if you look on Lord of The Rings and half of Rohimir was in Invis and other just blink around battlefield :D

Im proud we keep theme even if we are Shiity in every gamemode

Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

1. Buff spiteful talisman to +10%.

2. Buff Close to Death so it grants +10% vs foes above 50% health, in addition to current effects.

3. Add a +5% damage against bleeding foes onto Blood Bond.

4. Change Reaper's Onslaught to grant between +10 and +15 ferocity (so +16.6% or +25% crit damage) per might stack on you.

That would sort out the lack of modifiers and put reaper up into the dps slot. Unlikely to be top, but enough to be considered.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> GS and RS base damage are fine. It's getting ridiculous. 8k tooltip damage for RS4 and still the bottom of the dps chart - just think about that!

>

> GS auto already deals 10% more damage than dagger (20% if you add the chill on auto3), hits more targets and the weapon has 4 additional dps skills which are buffed further and further while dagger is wet noodle playstyle by definition. At least dagger2 now deals the same damage like a dagger auto rotation in the same time (2s) at 600 range, but this makes the auto even more useless

>

> Necro needs more trait modifiers to improve everything and not just one single weapon. Awaken the pain was a good start...

>

> Currently power reaper is too one-dimensional!

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

>

> 1. Buff spiteful talisman to +10%.

> 2. Buff Close to Death so it grants +10% vs foes above 50% health, in addition to current effects.

> 3. Add a +5% damage against bleeding foes onto Blood Bond.

> 4. Change Reaper's Onslaught to grant between +10 and +15 ferocity (so +16.6% or +25% crit damage) per might stack on you.

> That would sort out the lack of modifiers and put reaper up into the dps slot. Unlikely to be top, but enough to be considered.

> Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

Guys I hope you all understood the point I was trying to make. Adding modifiers is simple. Yes I don't disagree Reaper will need modifiers. For example adding .5% damage buff per vul on decimate defense will bring a 12.5% damage boost which bring it instantly inviable category with minimal effort.

That however is not the main problem which is why I remade this thread over and over again. The biggest problem remains to be that the rotation under 50% is still practically just pressing Gravedigger. That needs to change first before any serious attempts at balance can be made.

It is also why I pointed out those small issues such as signet of spite, minion damage, power offhand etc etc without ever talking about dps modifiers; because tuning knobs are easy to tweak. Making a fun and interactive rotation is not.

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > GS and RS base damage are fine. It's getting ridiculous. 8k tooltip damage for RS4 and still the bottom of the dps chart - just think about that!

> >

> > GS auto already deals 10% more damage than dagger (20% if you add the chill on auto3), hits more targets and the weapon has 4 additional dps skills which are buffed further and further while dagger is wet noodle playstyle by definition. At least dagger2 now deals the same damage like a dagger auto rotation in the same time (2s) at 600 range, but this makes the auto even more useless

> >

> > Necro needs more trait modifiers to improve everything and not just one single weapon. Awaken the pain was a good start...

> >

>

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

> >

> > 1. Buff spiteful talisman to +10%.

> > 2. Buff Close to Death so it grants +10% vs foes above 50% health, in addition to current effects.

> > 3. Add a +5% damage against bleeding foes onto Blood Bond.

> > 4. Change Reaper's Onslaught to grant between +10 and +15 ferocity (so +16.6% or +25% crit damage) per might stack on you.

> > That would sort out the lack of modifiers and put reaper up into the dps slot. Unlikely to be top, but enough to be considered.

>

> > Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

>

> Guys I hope you all understood the point I was trying to make. Adding modifiers is simple. Yes I don't disagree Reaper will need modifiers. For example adding .5% damage buff per vul on decimate defense will bring a 12.5% damage boost which bring it instantly inviable category with minimal effort.

>

> That however is not the main problem which is why I remade this thread over and over again. The biggest problem remains to be that the rotation under 50% is still practically just pressing Gravedigger. That needs to change first before any serious attempts at balance can be made.

>

> It is also why I pointed out those small issues such as signet of spite, minion damage, power offhand etc etc without ever talking about dps modifiers; because tuning knobs are easy to tweak. Making a fun and interactive rotation is not.

ill keep suggesting this cause im hardheaded

Above 50%

Step one land gravedigger and get a buff effect for increased damage for 6 seconds >+ 10% outgoing damage

Step to carry on your personal choice of rotation

under 50%

Step one land gravedigger get the buff effect for 12 seconds > +20% outgoing damage

Step two carry on your personal choice of rotation.

Gravedigger no longer can reset its cd > problem solved.

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

> >

> > 1. Buff spiteful talisman to +10%.

> > 2. Buff Close to Death so it grants +10% vs foes above 50% health, in addition to current effects.

> > 3. Add a +5% damage against bleeding foes onto Blood Bond.

> > 4. Change Reaper's Onslaught to grant between +10 and +15 ferocity (so +16.6% or +25% crit damage) per might stack on you.

> > That would sort out the lack of modifiers and put reaper up into the dps slot. Unlikely to be top, but enough to be considered.

>

>

> Guys I hope you all understood the point I was trying to make. Adding modifiers is simple. Yes I don't disagree Reaper will need modifiers. For example adding .5% damage buff per vul on decimate defense will bring a 12.5% damage boost which bring it instantly inviable category with minimal effort.

>

> That however is not the main problem which is why I remade this thread over and over again. The biggest problem remains to be that the rotation under 50% is still practically just pressing Gravedigger. That needs to change first before any serious attempts at balance can be made.

>

> It is also why I pointed out those small issues such as signet of spite, minion damage, power offhand etc etc without ever talking about dps modifiers; because tuning knobs are easy to tweak. Making a fun and interactive rotation is not.

Yeah I get that. But core Necro still has its problems with Power builds as they're the only profession that doesn't have access to a good third Power traitline like other classes. If it was me, I'd like to have both an interactive rotation and a good third traitline ;)

Maybe we need more weapon specific interaction? For core necro, I can visualise using axe for high burst dmg (although #3 and any off hand skill says otherwise) and dagger for a solid auto. Shroud in this case can just flat out dps dagger (but lack axe burst niche) and that would would be a fair-ish rotation.

For the reaper, the greatsword is already undeniably better than dagger. The axe and corresponding offhand (if it gets addressed :skull:) could still have that high burst niche that encourages a quick 10s visit (passed by entering shroud?) before returning to the slowish gs which deals high sustained dmg, much like dagger. Reaper’s Shroud in this case needs an identity. Perhaps it can be buffed into the proper offensive, ‘death-mode’ state Shroud is constantly advertised to be rather than a hp sponge. Maybe this alone could close the 2-3k gap to other classes (although it would require a PvP/PvE split, could imagine reapers being able to pump out ridiculous numbers if this is the case).

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > GS and RS base damage are fine. It's getting ridiculous. 8k tooltip damage for RS4 and still the bottom of the dps chart - just think about that!

> > >

> > > GS auto already deals 10% more damage than dagger (20% if you add the chill on auto3), hits more targets and the weapon has 4 additional dps skills which are buffed further and further while dagger is wet noodle playstyle by definition. At least dagger2 now deals the same damage like a dagger auto rotation in the same time (2s) at 600 range, but this makes the auto even more useless

> > >

> > > Necro needs more trait modifiers to improve everything and not just one single weapon. Awaken the pain was a good start...

> > >

> > > Currently power reaper is too one-dimensional!

> >

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > Main thing about power Necromancer is that it only has one good traitline with modifiers. At Soul Reaping you get a measly 5% damage increase, at Blood Magic you get measly group support, at Death Magic you only get 100-200 power at Curses you only get crit chance (which you really don't need with Decimate Defenses on Reaper)

> > >

> > > 1. Buff spiteful talisman to +10%.

> > > 2. Buff Close to Death so it grants +10% vs foes above 50% health, in addition to current effects.

> > > 3. Add a +5% damage against bleeding foes onto Blood Bond.

> > > 4. Change Reaper's Onslaught to grant between +10 and +15 ferocity (so +16.6% or +25% crit damage) per might stack on you.

> > > That would sort out the lack of modifiers and put reaper up into the dps slot. Unlikely to be top, but enough to be considered.

> >

> >

> > Guys I hope you all understood the point I was trying to make. Adding modifiers is simple. Yes I don't disagree Reaper will need modifiers. For example adding .5% damage buff per vul on decimate defense will bring a 12.5% damage boost which bring it instantly inviable category with minimal effort.

> >

> > That however is not the main problem which is why I remade this thread over and over again. The biggest problem remains to be that the rotation under 50% is still practically just pressing Gravedigger. That needs to change first before any serious attempts at balance can be made.

> >

> > It is also why I pointed out those small issues such as signet of spite, minion damage, power offhand etc etc without ever talking about dps modifiers; because tuning knobs are easy to tweak. Making a fun and interactive rotation is not.

>

> Yeah I get that. But core Necro still has its problems with Power builds as they're the only profession that doesn't have access to a good third Power traitline like other classes. If it was me, I'd like to have both an interactive rotation and a good third traitline ;)

Curses use to be the go to secondary power line because of how Target the Weak gave +2% damage for each condition on foe rather than +2% crit. I guess anet's reasoning was that curses was our condition traitline, despite the fact that they just gave thief the same trait in their damage/condition traitline (Deadly Arts).

...Yes I am very salty about last patch.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

>

> 1. Buff spiteful talisman to +10%.

> 2. Buff Close to Death so it grants +10% vs foes above 50% health, in addition to current effects.

> 3. Add a +5% damage against bleeding foes onto Blood Bond.

> 4. Change Reaper's Onslaught to grant between +10 and +15 ferocity (so +16.6% or +25% crit damage) per might stack on you.

> That would sort out the lack of modifiers and put reaper up into the dps slot. Unlikely to be top, but enough to be considered.

yasss queeen