Linking servers is not fair, advice for move to another server?

TheChino.2153

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Player.9621" said:

> at the end of the day being on a full and locked server for too long stagnates the community

> no new players can come in to replace the ones that leave

> no new fresh faces to breathe life into it just the same people day in and out

At the end of the day turning ANY server into a "better one" kills the community. You organise a server that is fun for pugs to play on; and you naturally gain too many new players. The majority of which are standard GW2 players, not willing to interact with the community. Furthermore you get too many queues for the existing community to play. There is a constant, endless stream of fresh faces, but they don't actually replace any of the community members that quit due to boreddom, queues and (temporary) unplayability. The bandwagoning pugs change the goal and style of the server to their demands; which are often unreasonable.

Until the existing community gets fed up and leaves.

The rise and fall of "stacked" servers tends to start with guilds, strong organisation and few players and ends with huge queues, almost no guilds, no organisation and huge amounts of quite awful players. These players then blame the guilds they used to have for leaving and bandwagoning somewhere else.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > It's always been amusing how people claim "better community, more skilled players, fight server, fight guild" when the circus comes to town. B)

>

> It's funny how they rather go on empty dead servers / links / avoid the majority of pug players than stack and join them. It's almost like some players are... a negative impact.

>

> I mean I find it hilarious that everyone transfers /away/ from quite large servers to go to links with far less players yet somehow you talk about "stacking". Yes - the quality of the players there is better. So if your existing communities are, across the board, so bad that guilds rather play without you than with you, don't you think some of you are doing some things wrong?

>

> At a certain point you get tired of dealing with players who simply refuse to learn. Lots of crying about others bandwagoning yet not a single existing server is appealing enough to lure in more guilds over these random new link servers; and plenty of guilds are willing to pay thousands of gems just to nope the kitten out of where they were.

>

> I hear playing with players who have dodge key bound is toxic elitist stacking behavior reserved for GvG guilds.

Quality is subjective. Elitist is hardly the term I'd call any gvg player circa 2015+. Just cause you scream the loudest, doesn't make you great. Snowflake is probably a better term.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Player.9621" said:

> > at the end of the day being on a full and locked server for too long stagnates the community

> > no new players can come in to replace the ones that leave

> > no new fresh faces to breathe life into it just the same people day in and out

>

> At the end of the day turning ANY server into a "better one" kills the community. You organise a server that is fun for pugs to play on; and you naturally gain too many new players. The majority of which are standard GW2 players, not willing to interact with the community. Furthermore you get too many queues for the existing community to play. There is a constant, endless stream of fresh faces, but they don't actually replace any of the community members that quit due to boreddom, queues and (temporary) unplayability. The bandwagoning pugs change the goal and style of the server to their demands; which are often unreasonable.

> Until the existing community gets fed up and leaves.

>

> The rise and fall of "stacked" servers tends to start with guilds, strong organisation and few players and ends with huge queues, almost no guilds, no organisation and huge amounts of quite awful players. These players then blame the guilds they used to have for leaving and bandwagoning somewhere else.

Its not a matter of blaming. Sometimes things are out of players control.

A fine example would be TC.

With the de-stack, it didn't help being stuck in tier 1 and locked/full for ages.

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"Player.9621" said:

> > > at the end of the day being on a full and locked server for too long stagnates the community

> > > no new players can come in to replace the ones that leave

> > > no new fresh faces to breathe life into it just the same people day in and out

> >

> > At the end of the day turning ANY server into a "better one" kills the community. You organise a server that is fun for pugs to play on; and you naturally gain too many new players. The majority of which are standard GW2 players, not willing to interact with the community. Furthermore you get too many queues for the existing community to play. There is a constant, endless stream of fresh faces, but they don't actually replace any of the community members that quit due to boreddom, queues and (temporary) unplayability. The bandwagoning pugs change the goal and style of the server to their demands; which are often unreasonable.

> > Until the existing community gets fed up and leaves.

> >

> > The rise and fall of "stacked" servers tends to start with guilds, strong organisation and few players and ends with huge queues, almost no guilds, no organisation and huge amounts of quite awful players. These players then blame the guilds they used to have for leaving and bandwagoning somewhere else.

>

> Its not a matter of blaming. Sometimes things are out of players control.

> A fine example would be TC.

> With the de-stack, it didn't help being stuck in tier 1 and locked/full for ages.

There was plenty of blame on TC don't confuse the euros, they get _colonial_ :s

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > It's always been amusing how people claim "better community, more skilled players, fight server, fight guild" when the circus comes to town. B)

>

> It's funny how they rather go on empty dead servers / links / avoid the majority of pug players than stack and join them. It's almost like some players are... a negative impact.

>

> I mean I find it hilarious that everyone transfers /away/ from quite large servers to go to links with far less players yet somehow you talk about "stacking". Yes - the quality of the players there is better. So if your existing communities are, across the board, so bad that guilds rather play without you than with you, don't you think some of you are doing some things wrong?

>

> At a certain point you get tired of dealing with players who simply refuse to learn. Lots of crying about others bandwagoning yet not a single existing server is appealing enough to lure in more guilds over these random new link servers; and plenty of guilds are willing to pay thousands of gems just to nope the kitten out of where they were.

>

> I hear playing with players who have dodge key bound is toxic elitist stacking behavior reserved for GvG guilds.

Pugs are always an excuse. Sure it makes a difference, but what you're saying is guilds need the rest of the map filled up with another guild to play. Basically they want it easy. Like someone else said, it's their gems. Of course it's stacking though, don't try to act like it's not. 15+ guilds join one server? lol. Don't tell me those guilds are just looking for fights and action, because that's not how you get it. Kaineng wasn't so bad. It was mostly guilds choosing to go separately to prepare for the alliance system. This whole JQ/YB bandwaggon to SoR is laughable though. Oh well I'm sure they'll get bored of K-training empty maps and killing small pug groups with 50+ people eventually.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> SoR is the server prophesied to deliver the final blow to BG, it will finally happen and we won't even need a 6 weeks guarantee.

I don't know, super stacking SoR may be seen as an even worse offense to the mode than BG. Could be a mass of players will finally use their BG alts and whatever the 3rd world is against SoR. Or, a Devtervention hits and wipes us all out.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> SoR is the server prophesied to deliver the final blow to BG, it will finally happen and we won't even need a 6 weeks guarantee.

SoR won't do much against BG, the guilds that bandwagoned will stack somewhere else once they start fighting even numbers

sor link and friends are easy to fight.

maybe because of new transfers.

but once they are coordinated, it will be a strong force.

we at ns, Slayers, to fight back, adapted a simple strat.

1. closed ts raids - fight force. so we can fight coordinatedly

2. avoided the blob, not defending when it is bad for us or no hope

3. fight the blob when we have atleast 1/3 nos.

if sor alliance at my timezone has difficulty fighting us, you will fall against bg.

but you may win. good luck and leave our tier already =p

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > SoR is the server prophesied to deliver the final blow to BG, it will finally happen and we won't even need a 6 weeks guarantee.

>

> Best part: Indo not present xD

lol alright that's it, time to fire SoR up!

5 years later with a completely new roster of guilds and BG slipping into the retirement home, You can do it SoR!

> @"SWI.4127" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > It's always been amusing how people claim "better community, more skilled players, fight server, fight guild" when the circus comes to town. B)

> >

> > It's funny how they rather go on empty dead servers / links / avoid the majority of pug players than stack and join them. It's almost like some players are... a negative impact.

> >

> > I mean I find it hilarious that everyone transfers /away/ from quite large servers to go to links with far less players yet somehow you talk about "stacking". Yes - the quality of the players there is better. So if your existing communities are, across the board, so bad that guilds rather play without you than with you, don't you think some of you are doing some things wrong?

> >

> > At a certain point you get tired of dealing with players who simply refuse to learn. Lots of crying about others bandwagoning yet not a single existing server is appealing enough to lure in more guilds over these random new link servers; and plenty of guilds are willing to pay thousands of gems just to nope the kitten out of where they were.

> >

> > I hear playing with players who have dodge key bound is toxic elitist stacking behavior reserved for GvG guilds.

>

> Pugs are always an excuse. Sure it makes a difference, but what you're saying is guilds need the rest of the map filled up with another guild to play. Basically they want it easy. Like someone else said, it's their gems. Of course it's stacking though, don't try to act like it's not. 15+ guilds join one server? lol. Don't tell me those guilds are just looking for fights and action, because that's not how you get it. Kaineng wasn't so bad. It was mostly guilds choosing to go separately to prepare for the alliance system. This whole JQ/YB bandwaggon to SoR is laughable though. Oh well I'm sure they'll get bored of K-training empty maps and killing small pug groups with 50+ people eventually.

Being a pug is always easy. It's never the pugs fault. Always the group or the commander or the enemies stacking or not enough ACs or the lag or ...

Meanwhile every EU guild / group moving away from pure pug servers. Most NA guilds / groups appear to be doing the same. Anyone suprised? Not me.

You seem to be under the impression that fights, from a guilds perspective, are better if both sides have an army of non-contributing players. Yet for these guilds; the action is the exact same. You encounter a pug group and roll over it. There's not much difference.

Except the losing group, well they just stop fighting. Why would they fight more, try harder and improve? hahaha. They're pugs, the moment they wipe twice half of them afk or log off. And the winning group? They may be strong but unless they can PPT T3 stuff; the other group simply won't fight them anyways. Even if they can open and PPT the T3 stuff, it's unlikely.

And suprise suprise; as soon as they enter any structures - more than half of their group dies. The enemies are 2:1 to 3:1 outnumbering them yet... still won't stop fighting without ACs or massive advantages otherwise.

So what is the difference, exactly? Rolling over the vast majority of pug groups? That's already reality for any half decent guild. Oh wait; now you have public tags which can coordinate. Pugs which can coordinate. The ability to actually go inside T3 structures and farm them repeatedly. With a majority of guild players; you can do guild raids as a guild and not as 40% guild 60% pugs refusing not to stalk.

Fights in this game are long dead. I'm sorry, it doesn't matter how much or little I stack on EU. If you play organised with capable players; the vast majority of groups aren't a challenge nor fun to fight. And unless you /only/ wipe to them; they quickly fall apart when you prevent them from karmatraining.

There is this idea that carrying pugs in an equal fights is "better" or "more fun" for guilds; but truthfully I think most guilds are at a point where they'd rather fight without any of these adds than play with them.

Or maybe I'm a delusional elitist, but then why do all the guilds and pugmanders leave?!

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > It's always been amusing how people claim "better community, more skilled players, fight server, fight guild" when the circus comes to town. B)

> >

> > It's funny how they rather go on empty dead servers / links / avoid the majority of pug players than stack and join them. It's almost like some players are... a negative impact.

> >

> > I mean I find it hilarious that everyone transfers /away/ from quite large servers to go to links with far less players yet somehow you talk about "stacking". Yes - the quality of the players there is better. So if your existing communities are, across the board, so bad that guilds rather play without you than with you, don't you think some of you are doing some things wrong?

> >

> > At a certain point you get tired of dealing with players who simply refuse to learn. Lots of crying about others bandwagoning yet not a single existing server is appealing enough to lure in more guilds over these random new link servers; and plenty of guilds are willing to pay thousands of gems just to nope the kitten out of where they were.

> >

> > I hear playing with players who have dodge key bound is toxic elitist stacking behavior reserved for GvG guilds.

>

> Quality is subjective. Elitist is hardly the term I'd call any gvg player circa 2015+. Just cause you scream the loudest, doesn't make you great. Snowflake is probably a better term.

By all means GvG is dead. But snowflake is a term better fitting the pugfiesta many attempt to avoid. You know; the pugfiesta of strong unique independent players who don't need no advise on how to play the game. Yet make them actually make their own decisions and play for their own reward and suddenly they all lose their minds.

Guilds don't leave servers they enjoy playing on. Want them to stay? Create a healthy environment where everyone on the server respects eachothers wishes. I'm sure some servers are like "but everyone is allowed to do whatever they want; so we already do that!!!". Except for the tiny part where that's what you wish to do; not what guilds and others enjoy.

When the guilds leave SoR or KN; or any other server they stack and eventually leave again; the server will still be full of pugs. Who will obviously go down in tiers quickly as there's no commanders or community to get things done; but I'm sure they'll let us know about how awful the situation is here on the forums. I'm sure they'll blame the guilds that left too. And then slowly but surely they'll go inactive or move as there's nobody around to provide entertainment.

Many pugs rely on guilds to provide entertainment, lead, organise events, help you win, help you PPT yet... most wont' respect the wishes of these players at all. Then we get tantrums on the forums when the guilds across most servers decide they'd literally rather play with similar minded players and walk over other servers than be zookeepers. I can't blame them.

Again; most guilds won't pay hundreds of dollar's in gems - or the thousands of gold equivalent - to move if they enjoy playing on their server. Some guilds might enjoy stacking and getting hardcarried - no different than the thousands of pugs which demand the exact same - yet if its 15+ there's probably, just maybe, a reason?

Guild groups also start to disappear if they got wiped, that is why many chose to stack and bandwagon. The only different between many guild groups and pugs are just they are better and geared. To be plain and simple, many guilds groups are not that different from pugs.

Fact doesn't care about your feelings.

> @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> Guild groups also start to disappear if they got wiped, that is why many chose to stack and bandwagon. The only different between many guild groups and pugs are just they are better and geared. To be plain and simple, many guilds groups are not that different from pugs.

>

> Fact doesn't care about your feelings.

Yes, many guilds are also godawful collections of mediocre players. But they're tryin', so A for Effort.

On my current, beloved toxic server I can wipe for an hour and while many players will be triggered, I'll gain MORE players on discord and MORE players on map who enjoy the challenge.

On virtually any other EU server if you wipe 2-3 times, half your group is gone and you can either ktrain another map or tag down. Less bad with a guild at your core; but pretty similar still.

I don't know what guilds on NA do, but most of our guilds want to fight ALONE against other guilds and small pug blobs. Handholding is something you do against zoneblobs or something for bad guilds. When you fight other groups alone; it really doesn't matter much which server you're on.

OH WAIT JUST KIDDING. You can only fight ALONE if you aren't on a server with hundreds of pugs adding to every fight... I agree, guilds stack so they can fight without the handicap of having pugs add to every fight and then rally :trollface:

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > > It's always been amusing how people claim "better community, more skilled players, fight server, fight guild" when the circus comes to town. B)

> > >

> > > It's funny how they rather go on empty dead servers / links / avoid the majority of pug players than stack and join them. It's almost like some players are... a negative impact.

> > >

> > > I mean I find it hilarious that everyone transfers /away/ from quite large servers to go to links with far less players yet somehow you talk about "stacking". Yes - the quality of the players there is better. So if your existing communities are, across the board, so bad that guilds rather play without you than with you, don't you think some of you are doing some things wrong?

> > >

> > > At a certain point you get tired of dealing with players who simply refuse to learn. Lots of crying about others bandwagoning yet not a single existing server is appealing enough to lure in more guilds over these random new link servers; and plenty of guilds are willing to pay thousands of gems just to nope the kitten out of where they were.

> > >

> > > I hear playing with players who have dodge key bound is toxic elitist stacking behavior reserved for GvG guilds.

> >

> > Quality is subjective. Elitist is hardly the term I'd call any gvg player circa 2015+. Just cause you scream the loudest, doesn't make you great. Snowflake is probably a better term.

>

> By all means GvG is dead. But snowflake is a term better fitting the pugfiesta many attempt to avoid. You know; the pugfiesta of strong unique independent players who don't need no advise on how to play the game. Yet make them actually make their own decisions and play for their own reward and suddenly they all lose their minds.

>

> Guilds don't leave servers they enjoy playing on. Want them to stay? Create a healthy environment where everyone on the server respects eachothers wishes. I'm sure some servers are like "but everyone is allowed to do whatever they want; so we already do that!!!". Except for the tiny part where that's what you wish to do; not what guilds and others enjoy.

>

> When the guilds leave SoR or KN; or any other server they stack and eventually leave again; the server will still be full of pugs. Who will obviously go down in tiers quickly as there's no commanders or community to get things done; but I'm sure they'll let us know about how awful the situation is here on the forums. I'm sure they'll blame the guilds that left too. And then slowly but surely they'll go inactive or move as there's nobody around to provide entertainment.

>

> Many pugs rely on guilds to provide entertainment, lead, organise events, help you win, help you PPT yet... most wont' respect the wishes of these players at all. Then we get tantrums on the forums when the guilds across most servers decide they'd literally rather play with similar minded players and walk over other servers than be zookeepers. I can't blame them.

>

> Again; most guilds won't pay hundreds of dollar's in gems - or the thousands of gold equivalent - to move if they enjoy playing on their server. Some guilds might enjoy stacking and getting hardcarried - no different than the thousands of pugs which demand the exact same - yet if its 15+ there's probably, just maybe, a reason?

Sounds like the zoo is on KN and SOR with all the "fight guilds" atm lmao. They always looking for attention, caressed, and told they're the greatest! Its ok baby, in a multiverse of quitters every participant is elite!

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> All stacking causes is good players, guilds and commanders quitting the game due to their options being facerolling enemy or be with people that are years behind in wvw skills. By this i mean people/guilds from/ on vabbi, yb and jq etc are frankly pretty laughable

I don't know more than 5 "good" players on servers full of clowns. Literally all of them quit. It's almost like the casual population is bullying out the veterans; who would have thought?

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> All stacking causes is good players, guilds and commanders quitting the game due to their options being facerolling enemy or be with people that are years behind in wvw skills. By this i mean people/guilds from/ on vabbi, yb and jq etc are frankly pretty laughable

So that is why you moved from Vabbi to FSP (base on 2017 history post you were on Vabbi) and followed the KN bandwagon hype last link? :)

> @"HandsomeGentleman.9576" said:

> It's just sad that the same guilds that ruined YB, KN, Mag, TC, JQ, etc are now trying to ruin another server. But you know, it's going to make the wvw community better /s.

Which was on Mag?

Last I checked the magration went to FA like the filthiest of bandwagoners.