Who is your favourite villain/evil organization? (1/2)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the weirdo that voted for the Molten Legion, which is well, Scarlet Briar now. Flame and Frost and the apparition of the Molten Berserker and Firestorm were an omen to the horrible things that happened afterwards. This, plus the jetpack, release of related armor sets and my discovery of an engineer celestial build that wreaked havoc (back when Incendiary Powder and Modified Ammunition were on different tiers of Firearms) and a massive attack on Lion's Arch changed my main character up to this day, and probably forever.

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/QAB5ucP.jpg "") ![](https://i.imgur.com/uT47NOU.jpg "")

Maybe the timing gave that period more value and I might be riddled with bias, but it's certainly not something I'll forget in GW2. It was very threatening.

Abbadon... oh, wait... GW2.... sorry... I just miss the epic wipes after making Abbadon dance in GW1...

As for GW2, there's a lot, ranging from pretty much all the centaurs to destroyers, chak, mordrem, and I really love killing all the random white rats... It's a real ego boost to see 30K on a base hit... and yes, I have my "overkill" achievement... lol

Unfortunately, since they decided to stop doing living stories years ago, the villains aren't really that evil, as everything is instance based and they have no real impact like Scarlet did. I mean, there was a real weight to the invasion of Lions Arch and other areas. You know things might never be the same, and they weren't. That was one of the things that really made this game special. It's lost that now.

I find most of the stories pretty convoluted, more so with the later stuff. HoT maps had meta wide events that gave more weight to what was going on. It gave you a sense of urgency. Now, even that doesn't exist with PoF. I don't really get why they are doing most of what they do. They're just labeled bad guy, go kill them. I think part of this is the fact that a lot of story is locked behind raids. I still have no idea why the inquest are doing whatever they're doing with Joko. I don't find any of them that threatening or evil.

I really disliked Palawa Joke (pun intended). For some reason I was never able to consider him a serious enemy or villain. He could've wiped out a city, but to me he would've always stayed a mere clown. And not even the scary kind of clown.

As for the best villain faction, I was really torn between inquest, bandits and nightmare court. The racial antagonist factions all have some fascinating lore attached to them. But the one faction I like even more than the racial antagonists is Mordremoth's minions. Imo from all the opponents in the open world game, Mordremoth's minions have the most clearly designed mechanics and counter strategies. The models are drastically different from each other, which makes it easy to determine which type you're facing and adjust your strategy accordingly.

From a lore perspective I found them to be the most interesting, too. The hive-mind like structure could've potentially turned them into rather bland characters, but experimenting with certain individuals keeping their memories and personality in a twisted way made them interesting.

I would vote scarlet briar but sadly I missed like half of her glory during S1, I missed a fair amount of S1, the bit I remember playing was the toxic tower and I think the queens jubilie or w.e.

Joko in my books has been a Good villian this season, or at least I enjoyed his character ;p

Shame we wont get much in the way of future content with him, Maybe a fractal or raid for some further expansion on him but not much more I doubt.

White Mantle, but closer to GW1 inquisitors/ well maintenanced army vibe, than the random bandit's they're devolved into.

Palawa Joko would be favourite if he hadn't been turned into a pants-on-head-retarded-clown.

After finishing the LS episodes im puzzled and confused how this guy managed to build and keep an empire through centuries?

> @"Magek.4718" said:

> Joko was the only villain with nuance and he deserved better than to hang around for three episodes and get unceremoniously thrown away.

What you may not know is in GW Joko was released by the players so he could help them when they needed it for Nightfall. Since he was released he started killing and creating more awakened. He has had more than 250 years to build his empire which includes Awakened and live humans also. He also could not get killed by conventional means. So he really got killed the best way by something that was much more powerful than he was.

> @"Chyanne Waters.8719" said:

> > @"Magek.4718" said:

> > Joko was the only villain with nuance and he deserved better than to hang around for three episodes and get unceremoniously thrown away.

>

> What you may not know is in GW Joko was released by the players so he could help them when they needed it for Nightfall. Since he was released he started killing and creating more awakened. He has had more than 250 years to build his empire which includes Awakened and live humans also. He also could not get killed by conventional means. So he really got killed the best way by something that was much more powerful than he was.

Well, sure, but in THIS game, he only appeared for 3 episodes.

Like.

He didn't even last an entire season.

So imo, it was a really bad decision to just throw away the best villain the game has had so far mid-season like that.