What is wrong with the ranger's Lightning Reflexes forward rolling?

Lamia.1860

As far as I remember, it doesn't matter if you are targeting an enemy when fighting, Lightning Reflexes used to make you roll back and now, when you target an enemy, it is always forward you insted of backward rolling. I had never seen that since lately. Any thought about it?

I've spent far more time on ele than on ranger, but I think lightning reflexes functions the same as burning retreat(staff fire 4). It's not a matter of having an enemy targeted, but a matter of camera position. When you're twisting and turning in combat, the camera lags behind a bit, so sometimes you think you're going to roll away, but it makes you roll toward instead. The only solution I've found is to wait a moment for the camera to straighten out before activating the skill.

If you get feared just as you are using lightning reflexes you end up rolling forwards. Happens frequently in WvW and is hard to recognize as lightning reflexes breaks stuns leaving no evidence you were briefly feared on activation. Revenants with riposting shadows will see this occasionally too.

> @"Optimator.3589" said:

> I've spent far more time on ele than on ranger, but I think lightning reflexes functions the same as burning retreat(staff fire 4). It's not a matter of having an enemy targeted, but a matter of camera position. When you're twisting and turning in combat, the camera lags behind a bit, so sometimes you think you're going to roll away, but it makes you roll toward instead. The only solution I've found is to wait a moment for the camera to straighten out before activating the skill.

I will try that, but my camera is all the time pointing toward them as it should be and I get that thing. And it was recently. Prior to the latest patch it was working fine...Thank you for your response. Appreciated.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Weird. It works like it always have, it moves you away from the direction your character is facing.

I have a friend who is also a ranger and when we are on TS he is always cursing about that problem. I will keep up testing if when zerging, a condition is making my character facing toward me, so Lightning Reflexes is moving me toward them. Thank you all for your good will to help. Love the GW2 community, as usual.