Necro underperforming in all areas?

Gary.9708

Time to nerf 'em.

Been waiting a few years checking those patch notes every week or so hoping for some good news on the balance front. Nope, just more nerfs. I sort of wish this was a sub game so I could unsubscribe. This is unacceptable.

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> seems like u got no idea why was scourge nerfed

Thanks for adding no discussion! Why do you think scourge needed to be nerfed? Their damage is bad, Period. Agreed something needed to be done with epidemic, but then they go ahead and nerf dhuumfire. Epi was supposedly holding back scourge single-target because their aoe was redonk. But nope, nerf single-target too. So I ask you, why?

> @"Gary.9708" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > seems like u got no idea why was scourge nerfed

> Thanks for adding no discussion! Why do you think scourge needed to be nerfed? Their damage is bad, Period. Agreed something needed to be done with epidemic, but then they go ahead and nerf dhuumfire. Epi was supposedly holding back scourge single-target because their aoe was redonk. But nope, nerf single-target too. So I ask you, why?

>

>

Condi Scourge was way too oppressive in wvw (and possibly pvp - I don't play so I don't know), hence the nerf to dhuumfire. In WvW, at least, you'd often find ~75% of a zerg made up of scourges creating the "red carpet" meme. Yes I agree it was terrible as a roaming class but roaming seems to be far less significant than zerging, at least in Anet's eyes.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Gary.9708" said:

> > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > seems like u got no idea why was scourge nerfed

> > Thanks for adding no discussion! Why do you think scourge needed to be nerfed? Their damage is bad, Period. Agreed something needed to be done with epidemic, but then they go ahead and nerf dhuumfire. Epi was supposedly holding back scourge single-target because their aoe was redonk. But nope, nerf single-target too. So I ask you, why?

> >

> >

>

> Condi Scourge was way too oppressive in wvw (and possibly pvp - I don't play so I don't know), hence the nerf to dhuumfire. In WvW, at least, you'd often find ~75% of a zerg made up of scourges creating the "red carpet" meme. Yes I agree it was terrible as a roaming class but roaming seems to be far less significant than zerging, at least in Anet's eyes.

Thanks for the reply. I'm mostly talking pve though. Splitting pve and pvp traits should have worked if ANet was competant. I do agree scourge was over-represented in wvwvw, but why nerf pve dps too?

> @"Gary.9708" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Gary.9708" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > seems like u got no idea why was scourge nerfed

> > > Thanks for adding no discussion! Why do you think scourge needed to be nerfed? Their damage is bad, Period. Agreed something needed to be done with epidemic, but then they go ahead and nerf dhuumfire. Epi was supposedly holding back scourge single-target because their aoe was redonk. But nope, nerf single-target too. So I ask you, why?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Condi Scourge was way too oppressive in wvw (and possibly pvp - I don't play so I don't know), hence the nerf to dhuumfire. In WvW, at least, you'd often find ~75% of a zerg made up of scourges creating the "red carpet" meme. Yes I agree it was terrible as a roaming class but roaming seems to be far less significant than zerging, at least in Anet's eyes.

>

> Thanks for the reply. I'm mostly talking pve though. Splitting pve and pvp traits should have worked if ANet was competant. I do agree scourge was over-represented in wvwvw, but why nerf pve dps too?

In that case I agree, Dhuumfire shouldn't have had an icd in pve. Though they did cut it back to 1s icd. I haven't raided in well over a year so I can't say how strong epidemic was for bouncing. But the way people talked about it, apparently it was very strong and needed nerfing. Much like they did to Weaver.

The necromancer wasn't underperforming in _all_ area. At worse it was unsatisfying to play.

The point is that anet focus on mechanisms that are dangerously effective in WvW, arguably op in PvP and blatantly useless in PvE. This lead to a very high effectiveness in area where the necromancer was already strong and poor result in areas where he already performed poorly. The reason _epidemic_ was nerfed was not that the necromancer was overperforming but that the way players used _epidemic_ was not how anet intended it to be used.

The logic thing that anet should do is to stop focusing the necromancer's tools on activities that imply fights against players and start to introduce/add some mechanisms that would benefit PvE greatly without really changing anything in PvP. Countless suggestions have already been made on this forum that could achieve such results, unfortunately necromancer's suggestions tend to be applied on other professions.

Necro (mostly scourge) was doing exceptionally well in WvW / PvP / But doing ok in End game PvE

Other forms of nerco were doing fair Decent in PvP and genera PvE / And Niche in Endgame PvE

The reason i say Niche in PvE is because it was hinging very hard on Epidemic which got nerfed because Non Necro players thought it was unfair that they didnt have a skill that achieved similar results even though the strategy behind it was helping them achieve their own goals in PVE??!?!??! WHUT.... and apparently anet chose to spend the past 3 months or so looking at mostly scourge and epidemic in not any other areas which is where necros problems stim from all together... WHUTT!!!....

Ideally necro is still good for general pve stuff regardless of what you use for the most part.

Necro in endgame PvE is slightly more Niche than it was before because they bring nothing to the table they are seen as the freeloader right now with nothing exceptional

- Fair damage but not exceptional damage

- no exceptional party buffs or boon sharing

- no unique tools that people want for end game pve (Epidemic was about the best thing they had)

- You can still use necro for endgame content just make sure you are playing with people who are generally nice and not super picky about how end game content is cleared.

Necro is still fair to ok ish imo in PvP

Necro (mostly scourge) is still strong in WvW zerg play (this likely wont change unless anet reworks the spec completely or makes it about as effective as core necro)

Reaper probably has the most potential right now for pve not that scourge cant be used here too.

Scourge still holds the edge in pvp and wvw

As depending on what mode you play necro still has options but other professions do a similar role with more options and generally better tools. If you like necro though just play necro. I still play mine despite most of the changes because its one of the few professions that I dont get bored with quickly. Hopefully my personal opinions help you out a bit. do take them with a pinch of salt though as not everyone may think similar to my opinions.

For me the last patch broke scourge in PvP. It is not just about nerfing sustain again and again. At the same time burst builds (thief, mesmer) got buffed. It looks like balancing is now 90% about PvE and 10% about WvW. That new one shot meta is really bad for necro. Other than positioning and dodge necro has no defense mechanic like any other class to deal with 20k+ bursts.

> @"Marxx.5021" said:

> For me the last patch broke scourge in PvP. It is not just about nerfing sustain again and again. At the same time burst builds (thief, mesmer) got buffed. It looks like balancing is now 90% about PvE and 10% about WvW. That new one shot meta is really bad for necro. Other than positioning and dodge necro has no defense mechanic like any other class to deal with 20k+ bursts.

+1. There was NO reason to nerf Dhumfire. Also no reason to buff even further braindead burst builds (did core guard in pvp really needed a buff), but since bronze/silver scrubs keep dying from scourge then they kept complain and now scourge is very suboptimal (it was already suboptimal aftet the SS nerf, cause you needed SKILL to perform well with it). If ppl think the dhuumfire nerf in pvp was justified, its cause they suck very bad at pvp and never played plat games as scourge, i guess.

> @"Luca.4670" said:

> > @"Marxx.5021" said:

> > For me the last patch broke scourge in PvP. It is not just about nerfing sustain again and again. At the same time burst builds (thief, mesmer) got buffed. It looks like balancing is now 90% about PvE and 10% about WvW. That new one shot meta is really bad for necro. Other than positioning and dodge necro has no defense mechanic like any other class to deal with 20k+ bursts.

>

> +1. There was NO reason to nerf Dhumfire. Also no reason to buff even further braindead burst builds (did core guard in pvp really needed a buff), but since bronze/silver scrubs keep dying from scourge then they kept complain and now scourge is very suboptimal (it was already suboptimal aftet the SS nerf, cause you needed SKILL to perform well with it). If ppl think the dhuumfire nerf in pvp was justified, its cause they suck very bad at pvp and never played plat games as scourge, i guess.

Not so sure, here. Triple burning pressure was harsh.

Necro is not broken in a bad way. It has a lot of good things going for it. However, Epi, Scourge's condi burst, and older "cheese" plays were rightfully nerfed. All Necro needs is a small tweak here and there.

However, it would really be helpful if it could give a small, non-stackable group support on any build to earn it one slot in raids.

> @"Gary.9708" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > seems like u got no idea why was scourge nerfed

> Thanks for adding no discussion! Why do you think scourge needed to be nerfed? Their damage is bad, Period. Agreed something needed to be done with epidemic, but then they go ahead and nerf dhuumfire. Epi was supposedly holding back scourge single-target because their aoe was redonk. But nope, nerf single-target too. So I ask you, why?

>

>

It's prolly about area denial, boon corruption, tons of support ( shields, convertion of condis to boons, reviving with blood), tons of damn damage. If we cut dmg even more it would be still viable for pvp/wvw. And yeah i agree necro could have more stuff for pve, but i think You shouldn't write "all areas". Right now scourge can be tolerated, but if scourge is meant to be support class, u cant expect it to deal so much dmg. I like the design of the class, but there were some balance issues imo.

> > @"Gary.9708" said:

> > Thanks for adding no discussion! Why do you think scourge needed to be nerfed? Their damage is bad, Period. Agreed something needed to be done with epidemic, but then they go ahead and nerf dhuumfire. Epi was supposedly holding back scourge single-target because their aoe was redonk. But nope, nerf single-target too. So I ask you, why?

> >

> >

>

> It's prolly about area denial, boon corruption, tons of support ( shields, convertion of condis to boons, reviving with blood), tons of kitten damage. If we cut dmg even more it would be still viable for pvp/wvw. And yeah i agree necro could have more stuff for pve, but i think You shouldn't write "all areas". Right now scourge can be tolerated, but if scourge is meant to be support class, u cant expect it to deal so much dmg. I like the design of the class, but there were some balance issues imo.

About the corrupts. Necro has two corrupts left in wvw. Well of corruption and the trait unending corruption.

As noone plays curses anymore. Spellbreaker does the job way better.

Corruption skills Don't count as they are Close range and the only one long range sux

> > @"Gary.9708" said:

> >

> >

>

> It's prolly about area denial, boon corruption, tons of support ( shields, convertion of condis to boons, reviving with blood), tons of kitten damage. If we cut dmg even more it would be still viable for pvp/wvw. And yeah i agree necro could have more stuff for pve, but i think You shouldn't write "all areas". Right now scourge can be tolerated, but if scourge is meant to be support class, u cant expect it to deal so much dmg. I like the design of the class, but there were some balance issues imo.

Necro even isnt best in things he was make for..Boonhate. Other Classes make our job better faster in bigger aoe and still got lot of other things to share with allies.

I still remain Reaper. I dont care about necronerfs. But its funny hit gravedigger and same dmg did with warrior first hit in AA GS chain :D *BALANCE*

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > @"Marxx.5021" said:

> > > For me the last patch broke scourge in PvP. It is not just about nerfing sustain again and again. At the same time burst builds (thief, mesmer) got buffed. It looks like balancing is now 90% about PvE and 10% about WvW. That new one shot meta is really bad for necro. Other than positioning and dodge necro has no defense mechanic like any other class to deal with 20k+ bursts.

> >

> > +1. There was NO reason to nerf Dhumfire. Also no reason to buff even further braindead burst builds (did core guard in pvp really needed a buff), but since bronze/silver scrubs keep dying from scourge then they kept complain and now scourge is very suboptimal (it was already suboptimal aftet the SS nerf, cause you needed SKILL to perform well with it). If ppl think the dhuumfire nerf in pvp was justified, its cause they suck very bad at pvp and never played plat games as scourge, i guess.

>

> Not so sure, here. Triple burning pressure was harsh.

>

> Necro is not broken in a bad way. It has a lot of good things going for it. However, Epi, Scourge's condi burst, and older "cheese" plays were rightfully nerfed. All Necro needs is a small tweak here and there.

>

> However, it would really be helpful if it could give a small, non-stackable group support on any build to earn it one slot in raids.

It was HARD to get someone in your small aoes and put some decent stat of burning. If you got caught by burning its your fault, l2p. If the necro is good and his timing is right, then deserves to be rewarded. Now dhumfire is literal trash. Now scourge is very suboptimal for competitive plat play. You think otherwise, then you must be bronze. Cause i still fail to understand why a class with no sustain, no mobility, no block, no evades, no teleports, no boon spam (some class has permanent 6-7 boons on them, call that balance) also cant have a proper dps build.

> @"Luca.4670" said:

> DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

>

> You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

I think you dont know the meta lol, even before the dhummfire nerfs many necros used to run power builds. What kills the zergs/blobs wasnt the condis. Power spike/bomb is what kills zergs/blobs thats why ppl wanted power builds.

> @"Luca.4670" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

> >

> > You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

>

> I think you dont know the meta lol, even before the dhummfire nerfs many necros used to run power builds. What kills the zergs/blobs wasnt the condis. Power spike/bomb is what kills zergs/blobs thats why ppl wanted power builds.

As I was saying, you don't know what you're talking about. Power necro was strictly worse than cele, even if many scrubs play it. Dhuumfire was a major fraction of their damage and the new power scourges don't come close. Power damage was already prevalent, but mostly because of weaver and rev and not because of power scourge. The value of your scourges was already corrupts; and if you're traiting into CORRUPTS instead of into POWER DPS - then cele with dhuumfire was vastly better spike + corrupt than full power builds. The only power builds that can compete are those that drop the corrupts in favor of DPS modifiers - which turns scourges into bad weavers.

But by all means, keep talking crusadin' for your scourge. Even without dhuumfire; scourge remains a dominant class in WvW and needs absolutely no buffs.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

> > >

> > > You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

> >

> > I think you dont know the meta lol, even before the dhummfire nerfs many necros used to run power builds. What kills the zergs/blobs wasnt the condis. Power spike/bomb is what kills zergs/blobs thats why ppl wanted power builds.

>

> As I was saying, you don't know what you're talking about. Power necro was strictly worse than cele, even if many scrubs play it. Dhuumfire was a major fraction of their damage and the new power scourges don't come close. Power damage was already prevalent, but mostly because of weaver and rev and not because of power scourge. The value of your scourges was already corrupts; and if you're traiting into CORRUPTS instead of into POWER DPS - then cele with dhuumfire was vastly better spike + corrupt than full power builds. The only power builds that can compete are those that drop the corrupts in favor of DPS modifiers - which turns scourges into bad weavers.

>

> But by all means, keep talking crusadin' for your scourge. Even without dhuumfire; scourge remains a dominant class in WvW and needs absolutely no buffs.

Man, I play wvw since always. I still play competitive wvw with my guild. I know what im talking about. I used to played cele build with curse, then i went full grieving. I traded power spike for condi spike. Tell me, why i should not have good condi pressure?cause some scrub cant dodge aoe and deal with condis?also i didnt say power builds used spite. There were power builds that used curse for corruption and went pretty well cause what all zerg/blob want is spike/bomb and ofc corrupt. So stop saying "you dont know what you are taling about". I have almost 5 years of gw2 and could embarass someone with my knowledge :)

> @"Luca.4670" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

> > > >

> > > > You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

> > >

> > > I think you dont know the meta lol, even before the dhummfire nerfs many necros used to run power builds. What kills the zergs/blobs wasnt the condis. Power spike/bomb is what kills zergs/blobs thats why ppl wanted power builds.

> >

> > As I was saying, you don't know what you're talking about. Power necro was strictly worse than cele, even if many scrubs play it. Dhuumfire was a major fraction of their damage and the new power scourges don't come close. Power damage was already prevalent, but mostly because of weaver and rev and not because of power scourge. The value of your scourges was already corrupts; and if you're traiting into CORRUPTS instead of into POWER DPS - then cele with dhuumfire was vastly better spike + corrupt than full power builds. The only power builds that can compete are those that drop the corrupts in favor of DPS modifiers - which turns scourges into bad weavers.

> >

> > But by all means, keep talking crusadin' for your scourge. Even without dhuumfire; scourge remains a dominant class in WvW and needs absolutely no buffs.

>

> Man, I play wvw since always. I still play competitive wvw with my guild. I know what im talking about. I used to played cele build with curse, then i went full grieving. I traded power spike for condi spike. Tell me, why i should not have good condi pressure?cause some scrub cant dodge aoe and deal with condis?also i didnt say power builds used spite. There were power builds that used curse for corruption and went pretty well cause what all zerg/blob want is spike/bomb and ofc corrupt. So stop saying "you dont know what you are taling about". I have almost 5 years of gw2 and could embarass someone with my knowledge :)

You know what you're talking about; yet you say your "power" grieving build (???) doesn't use spite (???). In fact, even your power and cele builds don't use spite (???).

I'mma give you some tips : the meta was cele with SPITE and the corruption trait; instead of curses. Many players were already going spite + curses. The meta now is spite + curses, probably more geared towards power as the condi application is gone. Even power plays with SPITE for the corrupt proc. Full grieving is neither a power build, nor a meta build.

I'll be dropping out of this discussion. Feel free to drop the name of your competitive guild, especially if it's in EU. ;)

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > > DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

> > > >

> > > > I think you dont know the meta lol, even before the dhummfire nerfs many necros used to run power builds. What kills the zergs/blobs wasnt the condis. Power spike/bomb is what kills zergs/blobs thats why ppl wanted power builds.

> > >

> > > As I was saying, you don't know what you're talking about. Power necro was strictly worse than cele, even if many scrubs play it. Dhuumfire was a major fraction of their damage and the new power scourges don't come close. Power damage was already prevalent, but mostly because of weaver and rev and not because of power scourge. The value of your scourges was already corrupts; and if you're traiting into CORRUPTS instead of into POWER DPS - then cele with dhuumfire was vastly better spike + corrupt than full power builds. The only power builds that can compete are those that drop the corrupts in favor of DPS modifiers - which turns scourges into bad weavers.

> > >

> > > But by all means, keep talking crusadin' for your scourge. Even without dhuumfire; scourge remains a dominant class in WvW and needs absolutely no buffs.

> >

> > Man, I play wvw since always. I still play competitive wvw with my guild. I know what im talking about. I used to played cele build with curse, then i went full grieving. I traded power spike for condi spike. Tell me, why i should not have good condi pressure?cause some scrub cant dodge aoe and deal with condis?also i didnt say power builds used spite. There were power builds that used curse for corruption and went pretty well cause what all zerg/blob want is spike/bomb and ofc corrupt. So stop saying "you dont know what you are taling about". I have almost 5 years of gw2 and could embarass someone with my knowledge :)

>

> You know what you're talking about; yet you say your "power" grieving build (???) doesn't use spite (???). In fact, even your power and cele builds don't use spite (???).

>

> I'mma give you some tips : the meta was cele with SPITE and the corruption trait; instead of curses. Many players were already going spite + curses. The meta now is spite + curses, probably more geared towards power as the condi application is gone. Even power plays with SPITE for the corrupt proc. Full grieving is neither a power build, nor a meta build.

>

> I'll be dropping out of this discussion. Feel free to drop the name of your competitive guild, especially if it's in EU. ;)

Grieving WAS my PERSONAL build before SS nerfs (i dont play scourge since SS nerf). Cause no reason to put points in toughness and vit for me. I had the highest dps. So i clearly know what im talking about. There are ppl like me that dont just "copypaste" the meta. I try to overcome the meta. My build was very succesful, risky but worked before the SS nerf ofc. Also soul reaping was competitive since lf regen cd reduction of F skills and ofc dhumfire, but hey you are biased so whatever.

> @"Luca.4670" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > > > DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think you dont know the meta lol, even before the dhummfire nerfs many necros used to run power builds. What kills the zergs/blobs wasnt the condis. Power spike/bomb is what kills zergs/blobs thats why ppl wanted power builds.

> > > >

> > > > As I was saying, you don't know what you're talking about. Power necro was strictly worse than cele, even if many scrubs play it. Dhuumfire was a major fraction of their damage and the new power scourges don't come close. Power damage was already prevalent, but mostly because of weaver and rev and not because of power scourge. The value of your scourges was already corrupts; and if you're traiting into CORRUPTS instead of into POWER DPS - then cele with dhuumfire was vastly better spike + corrupt than full power builds. The only power builds that can compete are those that drop the corrupts in favor of DPS modifiers - which turns scourges into bad weavers.

> > > >

> > > > But by all means, keep talking crusadin' for your scourge. Even without dhuumfire; scourge remains a dominant class in WvW and needs absolutely no buffs.

> > >

> > > Man, I play wvw since always. I still play competitive wvw with my guild. I know what im talking about. I used to played cele build with curse, then i went full grieving. I traded power spike for condi spike. Tell me, why i should not have good condi pressure?cause some scrub cant dodge aoe and deal with condis?also i didnt say power builds used spite. There were power builds that used curse for corruption and went pretty well cause what all zerg/blob want is spike/bomb and ofc corrupt. So stop saying "you dont know what you are taling about". I have almost 5 years of gw2 and could embarass someone with my knowledge :)

> >

> > You know what you're talking about; yet you say your "power" grieving build (???) doesn't use spite (???). In fact, even your power and cele builds don't use spite (???).

> >

> > I'mma give you some tips : the meta was cele with SPITE and the corruption trait; instead of curses. Many players were already going spite + curses. The meta now is spite + curses, probably more geared towards power as the condi application is gone. Even power plays with SPITE for the corrupt proc. Full grieving is neither a power build, nor a meta build.

> >

> > I'll be dropping out of this discussion. Feel free to drop the name of your competitive guild, especially if it's in EU. ;)

>

> Grieving WAS my PERSONAL build before SS nerfs (i dont play scourge since SS nerf). Cause no reason to put points in toughness and vit for me. I had the highest dps. So i clearly know what im talking about. There are ppl like me that dont just "copypaste" the meta. I try to overcome the meta. My build was very succesful, risky but worked before the SS nerf ofc. Also soul reaping was competitive since lf regen cd reduction of F skills and ofc dhumfire, but hey you are biased so whatever.

"Hey I run a full squishy build that I say is risky; but it does more damage than the tankier balanced build so I clearly know what I'm talking about and am revolutionizing the meta".

BRB REROLLING ZERK WEAVER. Oh also; I'm top DPS every time so I know what I'm talking about. I'm outta here.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Luca.4670" said:

> > > > > > > > DL build for spvp wasnt oppressive, very fair and balanced, now got trashed by stupid dhummfire nerf lol also in wvw condi scourge want oppresive since meta scourges used to run power builds. Bad balance is bad.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can't talk about meta if you don't know or grasp the meta. Cele and condi was far better than power with dhuumfire.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think you dont know the meta lol, even before the dhummfire nerfs many necros used to run power builds. What kills the zergs/blobs wasnt the condis. Power spike/bomb is what kills zergs/blobs thats why ppl wanted power builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > As I was saying, you don't know what you're talking about. Power necro was strictly worse than cele, even if many scrubs play it. Dhuumfire was a major fraction of their damage and the new power scourges don't come close. Power damage was already prevalent, but mostly because of weaver and rev and not because of power scourge. The value of your scourges was already corrupts; and if you're traiting into CORRUPTS instead of into POWER DPS - then cele with dhuumfire was vastly better spike + corrupt than full power builds. The only power builds that can compete are those that drop the corrupts in favor of DPS modifiers - which turns scourges into bad weavers.

> > > > >

> > > > > But by all means, keep talking crusadin' for your scourge. Even without dhuumfire; scourge remains a dominant class in WvW and needs absolutely no buffs.

> > > >

> > > > Man, I play wvw since always. I still play competitive wvw with my guild. I know what im talking about. I used to played cele build with curse, then i went full grieving. I traded power spike for condi spike. Tell me, why i should not have good condi pressure?cause some scrub cant dodge aoe and deal with condis?also i didnt say power builds used spite. There were power builds that used curse for corruption and went pretty well cause what all zerg/blob want is spike/bomb and ofc corrupt. So stop saying "you dont know what you are taling about". I have almost 5 years of gw2 and could embarass someone with my knowledge :)

> > >

> > > You know what you're talking about; yet you say your "power" grieving build (???) doesn't use spite (???). In fact, even your power and cele builds don't use spite (???).

> > >

> > > I'mma give you some tips : the meta was cele with SPITE and the corruption trait; instead of curses. Many players were already going spite + curses. The meta now is spite + curses, probably more geared towards power as the condi application is gone. Even power plays with SPITE for the corrupt proc. Full grieving is neither a power build, nor a meta build.

> > >

> > > I'll be dropping out of this discussion. Feel free to drop the name of your competitive guild, especially if it's in EU. ;)

> >

> > Grieving WAS my PERSONAL build before SS nerfs (i dont play scourge since SS nerf). Cause no reason to put points in toughness and vit for me. I had the highest dps. So i clearly know what im talking about. There are ppl like me that dont just "copypaste" the meta. I try to overcome the meta. My build was very succesful, risky but worked before the SS nerf ofc. Also soul reaping was competitive since lf regen cd reduction of F skills and ofc dhumfire, but hey you are biased so whatever.

>

> "Hey I run a full squishy build that I say is risky; but it does more damage than the tankier balanced build so I clearly know what I'm talking about and am revolutionizing the meta".

>

> BRB REROLLING ZERK WEAVER. Oh also; I'm top DPS every time so I know what I'm talking about. I'm outta here.

Ppl arguing with DPS in wvw lul.

Where arc spa isn't working properly.

And yes right now Condi scourge is literally trash and only good in even higher numbers, but since there are a lot of Eles nowadays, you have to run power. And I'm not speaking about bullshit cele with spite, that's no real power. That's still hybrid.

Power doesn't have any Condi dmg.