Salvage kits and dyes

Please remove dyes from salvage all on the kits. It's annoying trying to save dyes to throw in the forge to upgrade them for better ones. This is a problem as a WvW player because choosing the unidentified dyes is the best choice for profit. And in WvW you get 100s of blues and greens that fall under the unlimited kit's salvage all and need to do that to clear bags.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I doubt they *can* flag specific items as "don't include in Salvage All". They could potentially knock Unidentified Dye up to Exotic yet not require confirmation on salvage (similar to ecto).

They could, The salvage all is nothing but a search function. (get list of all items then return only white/blues/green ones that are salvageable and then salvage them.) this would be just adding another filter to the search.

Will they is another issue. This game is missing a ton of back end support(imagine being able to edit a text document to do things like this) for small things like this and while would love to see them, things like this take time and resources away from other things.

> @"katniss.6735" said:

> Please remove dyes from salvage all on the kits. It's annoying trying to save dyes to throw in the forge to upgrade them for better ones. This is a problem as a WvW player because choosing the unidentified dyes is the best choice for profit. And in WvW you get 100s of blues and greens that fall under the unlimited kit's salvage all and need to do that to clear bags.

The best profit for unidentified dyes is to sell them on the TP, not to open them. And once opened, 90% of the time, the best profit is to sell or salvage, rather than that 20% chance you might get a valuable roll. This is based on a fair bit of data collected over the age of game, both my own and published by other people. And that is without taking into account the extra effort to forge and manage the inventory.

Further, unidentified dyes aren't salvaged automatically as blues or greens, so not opening is already a solution to the stated problem.

I have managed to salvage an exclusive dye with the salvage-all-rares function from the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic which is a little bit more annoying ;) Okay.. it was an "only" 5 gold dye but still.. i wish ANet would change something about this..

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> I have managed to salvage an exclusive dye with the salvage-all-rares function from the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic which is a little bit more annoying ;) Okay.. it was an "only" 5 gold dye but still.. i wish ANet would change something about this..

Ever since ANet added exclusive dyes, I've suggested for them to be reclassified as "exotic." This would prevent them from being salvaged by "salvage all rares," **and** also makes them easier to find on the TP and prevents them from being forged with rare dyes.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Chay.7852" said:

> > I have managed to salvage an exclusive dye with the salvage-all-rares function from the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic which is a little bit more annoying ;) Okay.. it was an "only" 5 gold dye but still.. i wish ANet would change something about this..

>

> Ever since ANet added exclusive dyes, I've wanted them to be reclassified as "exotic." This not only prevents them from being salvaged by "salvage all rares," but also makes them easier to find on the TP and prevents them from being forged with rare dyes.

Absolutely! Exclusive dyes should definitely be Exotic rarity!

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Chay.7852" said:

> > I have managed to salvage an exclusive dye with the salvage-all-rares function from the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic which is a little bit more annoying ;) Okay.. it was an "only" 5 gold dye but still.. i wish ANet would change something about this..

>

> Ever since ANet added exclusive dyes, I've suggested for them to be reclassified as "exotic." This would prevent them from being salvaged by "salvage all rares," **and** also makes them easier to find on the TP and prevents them from being forged with rare dyes.

That would be very good... As i said, happened to me already, though i think something went wrong there - beside of salvaging a shop-item - because i had 2 exclusive dyes in my inventory at that time and only one got salvaged (no invisible bags or anything like that). Haven't understand ever since how this could happen - i mean.. either bot get salvaged or none . At least i could keep (and sell) the more expensive one - lucky me =)

Anyway.. i'm off topic, sry for that :)