Unlocking reward tracks

TheBravery.9615

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > Why are WvW reward tracks unlocked by finishing PvE content?

> >

> > Because the tracks reward gear from PvE content (eg PvE dungeons, meta maps, etc.).

>

> Exactly. The non-PvE related tracks don't require PvE to unlock them.

Correct, and it should also be noted, that WvW reward track rewards are not available via PvE content. Eg if you like the Hero Weapons skins (and really, you should), you can only attain them by completing the reward track, and the best skin version (Exotic/Ascended) requires you to spend Skirmish tickets.

I had to do Sorrows Embrace (Story Mode) to unlock the track for the dungeon tokens. Sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone to get what you want. It works both ways. PvE'rs have to do WvW for anything related to the Mode

Edit: I needed Gift of the Forgeman for crafting The Collosus.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> I had to do Sorrows Embrace (Story Mode) to unlock the track for the dungeon tokens. Sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone to get what you want. It works both ways. PvE'rs have to do WvW for anything related to the Mode

>

To clarify, you don't need to unlock them by doing dungeons, as if that dungeon reward track is up for this weeks rotation, you have 1 week to complete it. If you do complete it, the reward track doesn't then become unlocked. All that is necessary to permanently unlock them though is to complete the 'story' path of the dungeon, which is the easiest (and least rewarding loot wise - so double edged sword there)

EDIT: my attempt to clarify wasn't very clear, so ill try again: if you play WvW a lot and hit T6 participation, you can certainly complete any PvE dungeon reward track within the 1 week where it's open. Doing so doesn't then unlock it, you have to run the story mode dungeon for that.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > I had to do Sorrows Embrace (Story Mode) to unlock the track for the dungeon tokens. Sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone to get what you want. It works both ways. PvE'rs have to do WvW for anything related to the Mode

> >

>

> To clarify, you don't need to unlock them by doing dungeons, as if that dungeon reward track is up for this weeks rotation, you have 1 week to complete it. If you do complete it, the reward track doesn't then become unlocked. All that is necessary to permanently unlock them though is to complete the 'story' path of the dungeon, which is the easiest (and least rewarding loot wise - so double edged sword there)

Mine was locked and there was no time stated when it would open. Took me just 30 minutes to do the run.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > I had to do Sorrows Embrace (Story Mode) to unlock the track for the dungeon tokens. Sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone to get what you want. It works both ways. PvE'rs have to do WvW for anything related to the Mode

> > >

> >

> > To clarify, you don't need to unlock them by doing dungeons, as if that dungeon reward track is up for this weeks rotation, you have 1 week to complete it. If you do complete it, the reward track doesn't then become unlocked. All that is necessary to permanently unlock them though is to complete the 'story' path of the dungeon, which is the easiest (and least rewarding loot wise - so double edged sword there)

>

> Mine was locked and there was no time stated when it would open. Took me just 30 minutes to do the run.

Dungeon Tracks are on a two-week rotating cycle (my mistake), so in any given week, some Dungeon Tracks will be unlocked and can be completed, while others will remain locked until the next cycle. Completing the story mode of that dungeon permanently unlocks them.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> To give you the least amount of reward possible in wvw. Wouldn't surprise me if wvw reward system was the worst reward system in any mmo currently on the market.

You just might be right.

But I guess I look at it as my favorite mode to play, so the rewards are a bonus.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > To give you the least amount of reward possible in wvw. Wouldn't surprise me if wvw reward system was the worst reward system in any mmo currently on the market.

>

> You just might be right.

>

> But I guess I look at it as my favorite mode to play, so the rewards are a bonus.

>

>

Exactly. Before we actually had to farm the dungeon to get the tokens. I just salvage the gear and weapons.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > To give you the least amount of reward possible in wvw. Wouldn't surprise me if wvw reward system was the worst reward system in any mmo currently on the market.

>

> You just might be right.

>

> But I guess I look at it as my favorite mode to play, so the rewards are a bonus.

>

>

Same here, but there is no reason whatsoever that for some unknown reason, wvw has non existent reward system compared to pve or spvp. But this is what happens when Anet has forgotten that they even have this game mode in their game.

not sure about just doing and finishing the story mode for the particular dungeon.i think i did story mode for TA and CoF (and probably Arah) and still dont have those unlocked. i think you need to finish all the exp paths as well.

also if you dont have them unlocked, i believe theres a way to see when an upcoming dungeon track will be available. then you can just save your wvw reward track potions from dailies and unload them when they become available and finish as much as many potions you had.