So can we please make plague signet combat only?

Egorum.9506

This is mostly for pvp/wvw. Necro already has shit mobility, and being in combat because you went within 1200 range of someone in combat is dumb.

Err... if your teammate is fighting you'd be fighting too man, and you would then still have signet up to remove the burning. And if you're running into the fight, it pulling a condition slows your move speed and stops you from getting there quickly enough anyways.

There is not one scenario where this makes sense to have it triggering while you aren't in combat.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Because it always seems to pull a minute of cripple and puts me in combat.

The long lasting cripple is a WvW dolly issue. When a dolly passes a sentry the guard will apply **~ 3 minutes** of cripple on the dolly. You will pull it when passing that dolly. Best time to have speed of shadows traited...

In general I would like to see plague signet reworked to more active gameplay like

- a more selfish passive effect (e.g. +180 condition damage or + 180 precision) and

- on activation: "pull one condition from up to 5 nearby allies (360 range) and transfer 5 conditions on your target (1200 range)"

This would make plague signet to one of the coolest skills in the game.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > Because it always seems to pull a minute of cripple and puts me in combat.

> The long lasting cripple is a WvW dolly issue. When a dolly passes a sentry the guard will apply **~ 3 minutes** of cripple on the dolly. You will pull it when passing that dolly. Best time to have speed of shadows traited...

>

> In general I would like to see plague signet reworked to more active gameplay like

> - a more selfish passive effect (e.g. +180 condition damage or + 180 precision) and

> - on activation: "pull one condition from up to 5 nearby allies (360 range) and transfer 5 conditions on your target (1200 range)"

>

> This would make plague signet to one of the coolest skills in the game.

>

What's shitty is if you don't have speed of Shadows traited or consume conditions on your bar, you're just stuck crippled/chilled and you can't get rid of it unless you burn the signet on an ambient

But really, just making it combat only would fix it.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > Because it always seems to pull a minute of cripple and puts me in combat.

> The long lasting cripple is a WvW dolly issue. When a dolly passes a sentry the guard will apply **~ 3 minutes** of cripple on the dolly. You will pull it when passing that dolly. Best time to have speed of shadows traited...

>

> In general I would like to see plague signet reworked to more active gameplay like

> - a more selfish passive effect (e.g. +180 condition damage or + 180 precision) and

> - on activation: "pull one condition from up to 5 nearby allies (360 range) and transfer 5 conditions on your target (1200 range)"

>

> This would make plague signet to one of the coolest skills in the game.

>

Condi damage sig would be nice.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > Because it always seems to pull a minute of cripple and puts me in combat.

> > The long lasting cripple is a WvW dolly issue. When a dolly passes a sentry the guard will apply **~ 3 minutes** of cripple on the dolly. You will pull it when passing that dolly. Best time to have speed of shadows traited...

> >

> > In general I would like to see plague signet reworked to more active gameplay like

> > - a more selfish passive effect (e.g. +180 condition damage or + 180 precision) and

> > - on activation: "pull one condition from up to 5 nearby allies (360 range) and transfer 5 conditions on your target (1200 range)"

> >

> > This would make plague signet to one of the coolest skills in the game.

> >

>

> What's kitten is if you don't have speed of Shadows traited or consume conditions on your bar, you're just stuck crippled/chilled and you can't get rid of it unless you burn the signet on an ambient

>

> But really, just making it combat only would fix it.

While we are at it. Make spiteful spirit combat only as well.

Pretty annoying if you want to get swiftness from SOS and use the rs2 but get infight because of this trait.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > Because it always seems to pull a minute of cripple and puts me in combat.

> > > The long lasting cripple is a WvW dolly issue. When a dolly passes a sentry the guard will apply **~ 3 minutes** of cripple on the dolly. You will pull it when passing that dolly. Best time to have speed of shadows traited...

> > >

> > > In general I would like to see plague signet reworked to more active gameplay like

> > > - a more selfish passive effect (e.g. +180 condition damage or + 180 precision) and

> > > - on activation: "pull one condition from up to 5 nearby allies (360 range) and transfer 5 conditions on your target (1200 range)"

> > >

> > > This would make plague signet to one of the coolest skills in the game.

> > >

> >

> > What's kitten is if you don't have speed of Shadows traited or consume conditions on your bar, you're just stuck crippled/chilled and you can't get rid of it unless you burn the signet on an ambient

> >

> > But really, just making it combat only would fix it.

>

> While we are at it. Make spiteful spirit combat only as well.

>

> Pretty annoying if you want to get swiftness from SOS and use the rs2 but get infight because of this trait.

No!!!! We become free kills to power shatter mesmers and thieves. Combat only would be a big nerf to stealth inc anticipating. I have to shroudburst that oneshot mesmer/thief engaging me from stealth or I die if I allow them to land the first hit before the game allows me to fight back.

Just jump when entering shroud - shroud enter traits won't activate then. If you play thief, you're used to do that anyway when using SB5 to not get stuck in terrain.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > Because it always seems to pull a minute of cripple and puts me in combat.

> > > > The long lasting cripple is a WvW dolly issue. When a dolly passes a sentry the guard will apply **~ 3 minutes** of cripple on the dolly. You will pull it when passing that dolly. Best time to have speed of shadows traited...

> > > >

> > > > In general I would like to see plague signet reworked to more active gameplay like

> > > > - a more selfish passive effect (e.g. +180 condition damage or + 180 precision) and

> > > > - on activation: "pull one condition from up to 5 nearby allies (360 range) and transfer 5 conditions on your target (1200 range)"

> > > >

> > > > This would make plague signet to one of the coolest skills in the game.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What's kitten is if you don't have speed of Shadows traited or consume conditions on your bar, you're just stuck crippled/chilled and you can't get rid of it unless you burn the signet on an ambient

> > >

> > > But really, just making it combat only would fix it.

> >

> > While we are at it. Make spiteful spirit combat only as well.

> >

> > Pretty annoying if you want to get swiftness from SOS and use the rs2 but get infight because of this trait.

> No!!!! We become free kills to power shatter mesmers and thieves. Combat only would be a big nerf to stealth inc anticipating. I have to shroudburst that oneshot mesmer/thief engaging me from stealth or I die if I allow them to land the first hit before the game allows me to fight back.

>

> Just jump when entering shroud - shroud enter traits won't activate then. If you play thief, you're used to do that anyway when using SB5 to not get stuck in terrain.

>

Doesn't matter, thief will jump on you, from out of range of the trait.

And with practice it's pretty easy to dodge mesmer burst, even if he approaches invis