Season 4 Episode 4 Release Date?

Don't speak for everyone, this is the only MMO I enjoy because if its differences, WoW doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Also on VAs, I love both Asuran ones and the Charr ones are probably in second for me.. the others are eh to me though. I don't think the people who were fired are even on the episode 4 team so I doubt that will have much effect.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already played some of Legion story- the previous expansion for WoW- and in terms of the writing- it's absolutely masterpiece!!! Every single chapter is so well-thought, every character feels lively, full of personality, and the storytelling is phenomenal.

You don't feel it is rushed, you don't get to just go and kill a villain asap, you have to discover the ways you must reach even this villain's champions, you have to unite all the forces to strike down this huge enemy that threatens the whole world.

You have to strike down a fallen god in Legion, and you eventually reach another Gods- the Pantheon that wants to put an end to this fallen god.

What I absolutely loved (I spoiled the ending a bit) was that they showed all the gods in their glory! They didn't interfere into Azeroth's matters, but they tried to help, they knew this fallen god, they wanted to see his end, and I got what PoF was UTTERLY, ABSOLUTELY MISSING!

WoW handled this fallen god thing so perfectly I can only cry out loud seeing what they did to Balthazar in GW2- how POOR the story of PoF was.

I will be playing GW2 story in the future obviously, but after seeing Legion story (I played only maybe 50% and I can't see the end yet! xD) I see what GW2 story is missing.

Sargeras>Balthazar

PoF was a worst version of WoW: Legion.

I'm thinking we get the next ep pretty much in one month. Please be a little more fleshed out than Kourna! (I don't want to make a new thread for this but they really went and nerfed rewards for the shitty meta LOL)

Let's go to where Kralk came from around the charr homelands, find some magical power up for aurene and watch her eat somebody else

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> Get over yourself, wow has terrible storytelling.

I told you why it has a great storytelling, so tell me why you call it "terrible".

Have you ever finished any of WoW's expansions? If yes you have a right to say that, because it maybe ruined your personal expectations, but if you have not, then why do you even comment about it?

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> Get over yourself, wow has terrible storytelling.

Just because this is the GW2 forum doesn't mean you MUST hate on other MMOs, you know. This sounds strange and maybe scary to you, but simply resist the urge to do so. Once you know how to do that. Such things as story are quite subjective and also GW2 receives equal amount of dislike for it. Shocking right? I play GW2 without hating WoW. The sole reason I quit the latter was that playing for max. level and without a single bit of interest in raid-or-die was ultimately not worth the sub fee for me. Especially as (back then) the meaty parts of the story were exclusively behind raid-or-die content.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > Get over yourself, wow has terrible storytelling.

>

> I told you why it has a great storytelling, so tell me why you call it "terrible".

>

> Have you ever finished any of WoW's expansions? If yes you have a right to say that, because it maybe ruined your personal expectations, but if you have not, then why do you even comment about it?

>

>

Writing/storytelling is very subjective, you being a fan of Blizzard's doesn't make it objectively good, any more than the person you're responding to not being a fan make it objectively bad.

I feel like Blizzard doing good cinematics just uses them to distract from the poor writing and GW2 has a better setting/writing overall but that's entirely my opinion.

I am not a fun of Blizzard like: "God, its the best! Nothing ever exists!", I play WoW for two weeks, but was catching up with the lore for like 1 month. And in WoW the story is slow and complex, you have to sacrifice some time to finish the story of one location, in GW2 everything is taken lightly, the story is faster.

Both ways are great, but WoW's way of storytelling leaves more space to touch all the topics, lives less lose threads.

In GW2 everything seems chaotic, but it makes you more engaged in the story.

WoW tells its story by the characters.

GW2 tells its story by the environment.

They went into the depths of Sargeras' personality in WoW, while Balthazar seemed to be a last minute plan- no personality at all, no proper side story why he became what he was.

Sargeras was meant to protect the Pantheon from the Legion, but facing them slowly made him think: why do I even fight against those endless army?

Balthazar in contrary was like: poor chained guy with no guards to protect him, was unchained by Rytlock, because appearently he had some power, but the gods told us that they took his power away.

Then he had the mirror of Lyssa, but no sign that she helps him, and then he just doesnt curse her as she did the others...

I do not know why Anet made this story so tangled- I think they just want to play with the players so they will speculate and in the end they will give the most boring explanation.

Will we ever get to know Malyck's tree story? Zojja's whereabouts? Lyssa's mystery? Etc etc...

If yes then when? Zojja's plot is 3 years old, Malyck's one almost 6 yo.

But ANYWAY the GW2 story is very good, WoW story is good, because its something new to me, but the storytelling is so different for both of those games, its hard to compare them to each other.

But in Legion I got everything what I wanted from PoF, so maybe thats why I liked WoW that much.