Collision issue: Please stop making permeable objects!

Not much to add, but maybe "Yes!" or "This!"

-signed.

It's bad enough texturing and ground detection is spotty throughout the game. And then there's the wind crystal/springer problem of ledges that can't be seen (because the camera won't fully pan upward) getting in the way of jumps, and terrain specifically designed for that. I swear, trying to scale terrain since PoF was introduced, I've probably spit venom more about that than I have for fake-difficulty fights.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> I was confused by the title initially, but yes I agree it's annoying.

There, edited it for you. ;)

> @"Drecien.4508" said:

> And you get used to it and try to jump up through one and it has collision... Someone one trolled us.

Indeed. While doing the Griffon Master achievement, some thin wires interrupted my super speed twice and I had to start over. I was thinking, "Are you kidding me, ANet?!? All those non-solid ropes and even larger objects like all those canvasses in the area, but _these_ things of all things have to be solid????"

The problem isn't so much *hollow* objects(1), so much as "visual-only" objects. They can be seen, but not touched, because they aren't in the "permission" geometry set.

(1) There are plenty of objects scattered around the game that *can* be broken into, and when you do you discover that they are hollow. The terrain in the Mistlock Sanctuary lounge is notorious for being permeable when it shouldn't be, especially if you use the special "zap to" skill, and you discover that you zapped to the inside of whatever you targeted and you can't get out except by WP.